PDA

View Full Version : screenshot of a whole (overworld) map

Speedbomb
05-17-2005, 05:28 AM
Hi,
I want to make a big map of the overworld of a custom quest. Ok, I have ZC 2.10 (Windows) and used the screenshot function (F12) to make a shot of every single screen and then stiched it together. So far, so good, but in every single screen there is a little sprite called Link ;) . No problem, but it looks ugly.

Today I made another screenshot, but when I wanted to open it, the picture had a size of 4096 x 1608 pixels. Wow, I've made a screenshot of the whole overworld map without the "Links" and with only one keypress :) !

Isn't it amazing? Yeah, but I can't remember the key combination :( ! Can anyone?

Speedbomb
05-17-2005, 05:28 AM
Hi,
I want to make a big map of the overworld of a custom quest. Ok, I have ZC 2.10 (Windows) and used the screenshot function (F12) to make a shot of every single screen and then stiched it together. So far, so good, but in every single screen there is a little sprite called Link ;) . No problem, but it looks ugly.

Today I made another screenshot, but when I wanted to open it, the picture had a size of 4096 x 1608 pixels. Wow, I've made a screenshot of the whole overworld map without the "Links" and with only one keypress :) !

Isn't it amazing? Yeah, but I can't remember the key combination :( ! Can anyone?

Speedbomb
05-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Hi,
here's the screenshot I've made from the Dark World of the Hidden Duality DC Quest:
http://www.speedbomb.de/games/zc/mapshot/zeldamapshot1_small.gif (http://www.speedbomb.de/games/zc/mapshot/zeldamapshot1.gif)

It is possible to make such shots. And I like to know how. Any idea who knows an answer to my question?

Speedbomb
05-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Hi,
here's the screenshot I've made from the Dark World of the Hidden Duality DC Quest:
http://www.speedbomb.de/games/zc/mapshot/zeldamapshot1_small.gif (http://www.speedbomb.de/games/zc/mapshot/zeldamapshot1.gif)

It is possible to make such shots. And I like to know how. Any idea who knows an answer to my question?

Orion
05-23-2005, 03:09 AM
I believe you can use the mapmaker utility for this? Not sure, I've never used it before. I really dunno where you can download it either. Maybe try PureZc.

Orion
05-23-2005, 03:09 AM
I believe you can use the mapmaker utility for this? Not sure, I've never used it before. I really dunno where you can download it either. Maybe try PureZc.

Speedbomb
05-23-2005, 03:22 AM
As far as i know, the mapmaker utility is a tool for mapmakers. You have to open the quest file with ZQuest, export it as an uncompressed file (*.qsu) and mapmaker will convert it to images. It's useless if you have no password for the quest.

I've made this mapshot while playing the quest in Zelda Classic!

Speedbomb
05-23-2005, 03:22 AM
As far as i know, the mapmaker utility is a tool for mapmakers. You have to open the quest file with ZQuest, export it as an uncompressed file (*.qsu) and mapmaker will convert it to images. It's useless if you have no password for the quest.

I've made this mapshot while playing the quest in Zelda Classic!

Orion
05-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Sorry, I thought it was your quest. You didn't specify that. I dunno what to tell you then.

By the way your image link is broken.

Orion
05-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Sorry, I thought it was your quest. You didn't specify that. I dunno what to tell you then.

Speedbomb
05-24-2005, 12:36 AM

In my browser (Firefox) it is fully functional. By the way: It is a big image with a large white area on the left side!

Speedbomb
05-24-2005, 12:36 AM

In my browser (Firefox) it is fully functional. By the way: It is a big image with a large white area on the left side!

Rakki
05-24-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm using Firefox as well, and it doesn't show up for me either. Perhaps you should just put the URL in the post instead of trying to post the picture right in here(since that would stretch the page anyway)?

Rakki
05-24-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm using Firefox as well, and it doesn't show up for me either. Perhaps you should just put the URL in the post instead of trying to post the picture right in here(since that would stretch the page anyway)?

Speedbomb
05-24-2005, 01:51 AM

Sorry, I've put a "localhost"-URL in the post. Now fixed!

Speedbomb
05-24-2005, 01:51 AM

Sorry, I've put a "localhost"-URL in the post. Now fixed!