PDA

View Full Version : Images to Avoid

JayeM
05-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Many of us older folks at AGN are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. We're unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to current fashions. Despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:

1. A nose ring and bifocals

2. Spiked hair and bald spots

3. A pierced tongue and dentures

4. Miniskirts and support hose

5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads

6. Speedo's and cellulite

7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar

8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor

9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge

10. Bikinis and liver spots

11. Short shorts and varicose veins

12. Inline skates and a walker

And last, but not least, my personal favorite:

13. Thongs and Depends

Older AGN members, please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop.

JayeM
05-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Many of us older folks at AGN are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. We're unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to current fashions. Despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:

1. A nose ring and bifocals

2. Spiked hair and bald spots

3. A pierced tongue and dentures

4. Miniskirts and support hose

5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads

7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar

8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor

9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge

10. Bikinis and liver spots

11. Short shorts and varicose veins

12. Inline skates and a walker

And last, but not least, my personal favorite:

13. Thongs and Depends

Older AGN members, please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop.

Amber
05-17-2005, 01:41 AM
JayeM, I love you, but you must be getting senile. Even younger people screw up with number 9.

Alot.
*shudders*

Amber
05-17-2005, 01:41 AM
JayeM, I love you, but you must be getting senile. Even younger people screw up with number 9.

Alot.
*shudders*

theplustwo
05-17-2005, 01:53 AM
I don't think unbuttoned disco shirts go well with anything, really. Except gratuitous chest hair, of course. :)

theplustwo
05-17-2005, 01:53 AM
I don't think unbuttoned disco shirts go well with anything, really. Except gratuitous chest hair, of course. :)

Archibaldo
05-17-2005, 07:36 AM

Well, there goes my summer fashion...

Archibaldo
05-17-2005, 07:36 AM

Well, there goes my summer fashion...

ShadowTiger
05-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Jaye, you are easily the single coolest person I know.

Without a doubt.

1, 2, 8, and 12 present very interesting images, I have to admit. ;) Rollerblades and a walker... Wow...

ShadowTiger
05-17-2005, 09:15 AM

Without a doubt.

1, 2, 8, and 12 present very interesting images, I have to admit. ;) Rollerblades and a walker... Wow...

Drunken Tiger
05-17-2005, 09:18 AM
You know what would be interesting?

If we could find everyone of those images and post them up here.. :)

Drunken Tiger
05-17-2005, 09:18 AM
You know what would be interesting?

If we could find everyone of those images and post them up here.. :)

Jigglysaint
05-17-2005, 11:52 AM

Without a doubt.

You messed it up, she's the coolest single person you know....I think.

Jigglysaint
05-17-2005, 11:52 AM

Without a doubt.

You messed it up, she's the coolest single person you know....I think.

JayeM
05-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah, Amber, I've seen a few. I prefer to keep my midriff bulge covered.

Thank you, BH4! :) If I were on rollerblades I'd need that walker...

Yep, I'm single, Jiggly...any reason you want to know? ;)

JayeM
05-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah, Amber, I've seen a few. I prefer to keep my midriff bulge covered.

Thank you, BH4! :) If I were on rollerblades I'd need that walker...

Yep, I'm single, Jiggly...any reason you want to know? ;)

Jigglysaint
05-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Jaym, why is a bitchy woman like an elipse?

Because it's just one period after another!

Jigglysaint
05-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Jaym, why is a bitchy woman like an elipse?

Because it's just one period after another!

Master Ghaleon
05-20-2005, 03:00 AM
I would post my picture that scared hundreds as an image to avoid, but I dont wanna kill AGN.

People on #AGN know of this picture im talkin about ;)

Hint : FAYGO

Master Ghaleon
05-20-2005, 03:00 AM
I would post my picture that scared hundreds as an image to avoid, but I dont wanna kill AGN.

People on #AGN know of this picture im talkin about ;)

Hint : FAYGO

ShadowTiger
05-20-2005, 09:10 AM
... I've seen your picture, man. You're not that scary. :p Now you know what's really scary? Fangs, vicious looking eyes, muscular arms and legs, a potbelly, and manb00bs. Let's ponder the awkwardness, shall we? :D

I actually know quite a few "old people" ... who rollerblade. My neighbors go out together and rollerblade together around the parks around the town, and none of them are under 60. It's a very nice sight, actually. Just doesn't quite feel the same when you know they're not zooming around Oceanside, causing god knows what trouble around town. *lol*

ShadowTiger
05-20-2005, 09:10 AM
... I've seen your picture, man. You're not that scary. :p Now you know what's really scary? Fangs, vicious looking eyes, muscular arms and legs, a potbelly, and manb00bs. Let's ponder the awkwardness, shall we? :D

I actually know quite a few "old people" ... who rollerblade. My neighbors go out together and rollerblade together around the parks around the town, and none of them are under 60. It's a very nice sight, actually. Just doesn't quite feel the same when you know they're not zooming around Oceanside, causing god knows what trouble around town. *lol*

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey, mom, I saw this 40 year old woman at work, she was all pale and looked like a coke-fiend. Her skin was flabby and wrinkled at the same time. She was weraing a belly shirt, had her navel pierced, and then had random studs through her belly fat. ... I had to get someone else to verify it. It was nasty, it was, ba-dong.

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey, mom, I saw this 40 year old woman at work, she was all pale and looked like a coke-fiend. Her skin was flabby and wrinkled at the same time. She was weraing a belly shirt, had her navel pierced, and then had random studs through her belly fat. ... I had to get someone else to verify it. It was nasty, it was, ba-dong.

Link 101
05-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Those are interesting mental images...especially the one about a speedo and Cellulite. I know most people would be all "No, old people can't do that, it is gross!" I won't say that because I think older people should do that....especially if it makes them feel younger or whatever. Whatever makes them happy.

Around my neighborhood I see the elderly walking around at like 6 and earlier in the morning. Some even ride bikes that early in the morning. It is really refreshing to see older people active outside...it gets kind of boring seeing only kids. I go out everyday and I think are more 60 and over people than kids some times.

Link 101
05-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Those are interesting mental images...especially the one about a speedo and Cellulite. I know most people would be all "No, old people can't do that, it is gross!" I won't say that because I think older people should do that....especially if it makes them feel younger or whatever. Whatever makes them happy.

Around my neighborhood I see the elderly walking around at like 6 and earlier in the morning. Some even ride bikes that early in the morning. It is really refreshing to see older people active outside...it gets kind of boring seeing only kids. I go out everyday and I think are more 60 and over people than kids some times.