PDA

View Full Version : Need Help for History Class

zoraking
05-16-2005, 08:23 PM
First off, I would liek to say that I am not sure if this is the thread this should be in, so if it is moved, I'll understand.

In History class, we have a project due on the last Wednesday (also Wednesday after next! :D) and I am doing mine on railroads. We need to have information about how it was in the past and how it has changed to what it is today.

So I need some help on this piece of information that could be very valuable. I would like to know how the mechanical lights and the occasional gated signals are activated. I can't find any information on this so-called internet. I hope either one of you work in the railroad industry, or knows this from past experience.

Thank you for any help.

zoraking
05-16-2005, 08:23 PM
First off, I would liek to say that I am not sure if this is the thread this should be in, so if it is moved, I'll understand.

In History class, we have a project due on the last Wednesday (also Wednesday after next! :D) and I am doing mine on railroads. We need to have information about how it was in the past and how it has changed to what it is today.

So I need some help on this piece of information that could be very valuable. I would like to know how the mechanical lights and the occasional gated signals are activated. I can't find any information on this so-called internet. I hope either one of you work in the railroad industry, or knows this from past experience.

Thank you for any help.

sagelink
05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
I think there are pressure switches, motion sensores, or just plain switches that turn them on in general. I cant find anything either, so I'm just giving an opinion.

sagelink
05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
I think there are pressure switches, motion sensores, or just plain switches that turn them on in general. I cant find anything either, so I'm just giving an opinion.

Starkist
05-16-2005, 10:14 PM
My goodness...

Ahem.

First, Google is your friend.

Second, if this is for history, should it not be about the history of the railroad, the expansion out west, its role in the economy, etc, rather than about the mechanics?

Third... it's due in two days, you haven't really started, so you come to a gaming forum for your information?

Sigh.

Starkist
05-16-2005, 10:14 PM
My goodness...

Ahem.

First, Google is your friend.

Second, if this is for history, should it not be about the history of the railroad, the expansion out west, its role in the economy, etc, rather than about the mechanics?

Third... it's due in two days, you haven't really started, so you come to a gaming forum for your information?

Sigh.

zoraking
05-17-2005, 07:43 AM
No, I need a view on its past and what its like today.

It's not due this Wednesday, next Wednesday, the 25th.

zoraking
05-17-2005, 07:43 AM
No, I need a view on its past and what its like today.

It's not due this Wednesday, next Wednesday, the 25th.