PDA

View Full Version : PS3=Sexy

Orion
05-16-2005, 07:58 PM
http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619/imgs_1.html

I want it! I dont care what you have to say about the system or Sony in general, but that system is sleek!

Orion
05-16-2005, 07:58 PM
http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619/imgs_1.html

I want it! I dont care what you have to say about the system or Sony in general, but that system is sleek!

Grasshopper
05-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Hmm, if those are the final look of the system, isn't it ironic that the Xbox 360 is concave, and the PS3 is convex. Geez, where the innovation in design? :rolleyes:

Grasshopper
05-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Hmm, if those are the final look of the system, isn't it ironic that the Xbox 360 is concave, and the PS3 is convex. Geez, where the innovation in design? :rolleyes:

vegeta1215
05-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Looks alright. I don't like the controllers though. And by the shear number of ports on the back I'd guess Sony was going to try and hop on the entertainment bandwagon like Microsoft and offer a lot of other functionality and services with the console aside from just games.

I can't wait to see Nintendo's console.

vegeta1215
05-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Looks alright. I don't like the controllers though. And by the shear number of ports on the back I'd guess Sony was going to try and hop on the entertainment bandwagon like Microsoft and offer a lot of other functionality and services with the console aside from just games.

I can't wait to see Nintendo's console.

Orion
05-16-2005, 09:16 PM
I think all the consoles seem promising, but I dont like the look of the 360. I don't know why, it just seems a little too bulky and it doesn't really have any special detail to it... it's just a big hunk of plastic.

The PS3 controller looks kinda strange, but at least it looks a bit more comfortable. Although I don't know how those shoulder buttons are gunna feel.

Orion
05-16-2005, 09:16 PM
I think all the consoles seem promising, but I dont like the look of the 360. I don't know why, it just seems a little too bulky and it doesn't really have any special detail to it... it's just a big hunk of plastic.

The PS3 controller looks kinda strange, but at least it looks a bit more comfortable. Although I don't know how those shoulder buttons are gunna feel.

Starkist
05-16-2005, 09:28 PM
The PS3 looks more like a tabletop decoration than a gaming console. The controller looks uncomfy. The perfect controller is the PS2.

Starkist
The PS3 looks more like a tabletop decoration than a gaming console. The controller looks uncomfy. The perfect controller is the PS2.

Cloral
Wow. It totally matches my toaster.

Good thing the outside looks of the system don't matter at all to me. Now that link has a list of game there were supposedly scenes of, do those scenes exist anywhere online?

Cloral
Wow. It totally matches my toaster.

Good thing the outside looks of the system don't matter at all to me. Now that link has a list of game there were supposedly scenes of, do those scenes exist anywhere online?

Warlock
05-16-2005, 10:12 PM
It looks like one of those retro space alien robot movies.. you know, like what "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" was ripping off..

Warlock
05-16-2005, 10:12 PM
It looks like one of those retro space alien robot movies.. you know, like what "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" was ripping off..

MANDRAG GANON
05-16-2005, 10:13 PM
The PS3 controller looks like one of those god awful Sidewinder controllers.
I think the PS3 looks like either an answering machine, a polaroid camera or a hand dryer you find in a public washroom XD.

I look forward to wrangling Dingos with that controller though. ;) (right)

The new Xbox just looks bad, thier designers have no imagination.

I've only seen sketches of the Revolution....it looks like some mix of the 64 and the GCN

MANDRAG GANON
05-16-2005, 10:13 PM
The PS3 controller looks like one of those god awful Sidewinder controllers.
I think the PS3 looks like either an answering machine, a polaroid camera or a hand dryer you find in a public washroom XD.

I look forward to wrangling Dingos with that controller though. ;) (right)

The new Xbox just looks bad, thier designers have no imagination.

I've only seen sketches of the Revolution....it looks like some mix of the 64 and the GCN

Warlock
05-16-2005, 10:36 PM

Those were fake

Warlock
05-16-2005, 10:36 PM

Those were fake

Master Ghaleon
05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Im getting the PS3 whenever it comes out. Think it will be like 300 dollars when it comes out?

Master Ghaleon
Im getting the PS3 whenever it comes out. Think it will be like 300 dollars when it comes out?

Grasshopper
The only thing known about the Revolution's design is that its thin, about an inch thick. And I be it won't be shown.

Grasshopper
The only thing known about the Revolution's design is that its thin, about an inch thick. And I be it won't be shown.

Blonde799
05-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Not only is the system sexy(in black), but the specs gave me a mile high. I don't like the controllers though, but if old PS controllers are compatible with it, I don't have to worry.

Blonde799
05-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Not only is the system sexy(in black), but the specs gave me a mile high. I don't like the controllers though, but if old PS controllers are compatible with it, I don't have to worry.

vegeta1215
05-16-2005, 11:53 PM
The only thing known about the Revolution's design is that its thin, about an inch thick. And I bet it won't be shown.

I think it would be foolish if Nintendo didn't show their new console since Microsoft and Sony have already shown their's.

Aside from information on Nintendo, the other thing I am looking forward to is any hint from Ubisoft about a Beyond Good and Evil sequel. I figure if they plan on making one in the next two years, we'll hear about it this week at E3.

vegeta1215
05-16-2005, 11:53 PM
The only thing known about the Revolution's design is that its thin, about an inch thick. And I bet it won't be shown.

I think it would be foolish if Nintendo didn't show their new console since Microsoft and Sony have already shown their's.

Aside from information on Nintendo, the other thing I am looking forward to is any hint from Ubisoft about a Beyond Good and Evil sequel. I figure if they plan on making one in the next two years, we'll hear about it this week at E3.

Daarkseid
05-17-2005, 12:06 AM
The controllers look like something Nazi Germany built in the last days of the war.

Daarkseid
05-17-2005, 12:06 AM
The controllers look like something Nazi Germany built in the last days of the war.

AtmaWeapon
05-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Wow it looks like I will have to have some kind of reconstructive surgery to hold that controller. I also like the proliferation of ports on the system; has anyone ever used the USB on their PS2?

I don't give a crap about the design I want to see a game.

AtmaWeapon
05-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Wow it looks like I will have to have some kind of reconstructive surgery to hold that controller. I also like the proliferation of ports on the system; has anyone ever used the USB on their PS2?

I don't give a crap about the design I want to see a game.

MottZilla
05-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Do not forget, Sony consistantly lies about specs. The actual capabilities are probably safe to say, a good bit lower than what they boast. Also given their flawed history of design, I wouldn't get overly excited yet. And for anyone wanting to rush out and buy one, remember, PS2s bought at launch were often defective, and the model design took some time and many numbers to eventually have a reliable unit. Meanwhile you will pay alot more for that flawwed unit than those whom wait for a revised one.

Where as on the other hand, Microsoft's Xbox early models as far as I've heard had no such problems, and neither did Nintendo's GameCube (as I have a launch time GameCube).

MottZilla
05-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Do not forget, Sony consistantly lies about specs. The actual capabilities are probably safe to say, a good bit lower than what they boast. Also given their flawed history of design, I wouldn't get overly excited yet. And for anyone wanting to rush out and buy one, remember, PS2s bought at launch were often defective, and the model design took some time and many numbers to eventually have a reliable unit. Meanwhile you will pay alot more for that flawwed unit than those whom wait for a revised one.

Where as on the other hand, Microsoft's Xbox early models as far as I've heard had no such problems, and neither did Nintendo's GameCube (as I have a launch time GameCube).

Dart Zaidyer
05-17-2005, 05:48 AM
At last, Sony has entered into the long and wonderful tradition of not knowing how the hell to design a controller! Makers of PC gamepads and third-party controllers have been at it for years, but Sony will take it to an all-new level with the "dual-shock boomerang"! I can't wait!

:rolleyes:

Dart Zaidyer
05-17-2005, 05:48 AM
At last, Sony has entered into the long and wonderful tradition of not knowing how the hell to design a controller! Makers of PC gamepads and third-party controllers have been at it for years, but Sony will take it to an all-new level with the "dual-shock boomerang"! I can't wait!

:rolleyes:

Darth Marsden
05-17-2005, 05:55 AM

:rolleyes: Being a bit harsh, aren't we? :tongue:

I'll admit the console looks rather S-E-X-Y, but, as I said in the XBox thread, it's the games that count for me. Show me some good games and I'm sold.

Darth Marsden
05-17-2005, 05:55 AM

:rolleyes: Being a bit harsh, aren't we? :tongue:

I'll admit the console looks rather S-E-X-Y, but, as I said in the XBox thread, it's the games that count for me. Show me some good games and I'm sold.

Archibaldo
05-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Why is the controller so fucking ugly? And the design of the console has hardly changed, it's basically a white PS2 with and ugly controller. The controler looks like it would break with one wrong move like accidentally twisting it.

Archibaldo
05-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Why is the controller so fucking ugly? And the design of the console has hardly changed, it's basically a white PS2 with and ugly controller. The controler looks like it would break with one wrong move like accidentally twisting it.

AlexMax
05-17-2005, 08:52 AM
I am not a fan of the Batarang controller at all. The system's design looks cool though.

However, take anything Sony says about performance with a grain of salt.

Hi guy, wanna be my e-friend. :)

Very early Xbox models have had a similar DVD drive problem, however nowhere near in the failure rates of PS2's. Second generation XBox and on, you're pretty much guarenteed to get one of the better DVD-ROM drives, while with the PS2, I've had friends go through two or three of them from different generations.

The PS3 looks more like a tabletop decoration than a gaming console. The controller looks uncomfy. The perfect controller is the Xbox Controller S.

Fixed

AlexMax
05-17-2005, 08:52 AM
I am not a fan of the Batarang controller at all. The system's design looks cool though.

However, take anything Sony says about performance with a grain of salt.

Hi guy, wanna be my e-friend. :)

Very early Xbox models have had a similar DVD drive problem, however nowhere near in the failure rates of PS2's. Second generation XBox and on, you're pretty much guarenteed to get one of the better DVD-ROM drives, while with the PS2, I've had friends go through two or three of them from different generations.

The PS3 looks more like a tabletop decoration than a gaming console. The controller looks uncomfy. The perfect controller is the Xbox Controller S.

Fixed

Blonde799
05-17-2005, 10:09 AM
True, but in the end, all 3 consoles had their problems, with the GC being the most unpredictable.

Blonde799
05-17-2005, 10:09 AM
True, but in the end, all 3 consoles had their problems, with the GC being the most unpredictable.

Kairyu
05-17-2005, 11:32 AM
What do you mean? I haven't heard about any GCN problems...

The X-Box had that power cord problem a while back, but they were open and honest about it, and I'm pretty sure they offered free trade-ins. That's what you should do when a product YOU make doesn't work like YOU advertised, isn't it?

Anyway, like others said, the new controller looks awkward (I can't say for sure yet how it plays, but it looks like it'll slip out of one's hands easily), it sounds like a cheap duplicate of the DS with that "dual output" feature, and Sony's system statistics generally fall somewhere between Lies and Damn Lies. There's nothing interesting about it yet, it's just a fusion of some popular features on other consoles with what I'm guessing are hideously overinflated system specs.

Kairyu
05-17-2005, 11:32 AM

The X-Box had that power cord problem a while back, but they were open and honest about it, and I'm pretty sure they offered free trade-ins. That's what you should do when a product YOU make doesn't work like YOU advertised, isn't it?

Anyway, like others said, the new controller looks awkward (I can't say for sure yet how it plays, but it looks like it'll slip out of one's hands easily), it sounds like a cheap duplicate of the DS with that "dual output" feature, and Sony's system statistics generally fall somewhere between Lies and Damn Lies. There's nothing interesting about it yet, it's just a fusion of some popular features on other consoles with what I'm guessing are hideously overinflated system specs.

Blonde799
05-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Look around gamefaqs, you'll hear plenty.

Also, I've encountered 3 instances with my GC. The first was with Metroid Prime 2. The unknown error screen popped up when I was rolling around in ball form around light Torvus(Torvus Bog I believe) to get an energy tank on one of those spider tracks. It hasn't happened again since and I beat the game 3 times, until I got Baten Kaitos...

Which was the next one. The screen popped up right in the middle of an important battle(which was against Giacomo and his lackies I believe). It occured twice. It hasn't happened again since though, and I managed to progress past it.

I thought it'd be a DRE, but there's a different occurence for that, and that only happened with Super Smash Bros.(which has a few scratches).

Also, my Xbox singled out, and won't play Halo 2. I guess it could be because of that CD drive problem everyone's been talking about between Philips and Thompson or something.

Blonde799
05-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Look around gamefaqs, you'll hear plenty.

Also, I've encountered 3 instances with my GC. The first was with Metroid Prime 2. The unknown error screen popped up when I was rolling around in ball form around light Torvus(Torvus Bog I believe) to get an energy tank on one of those spider tracks. It hasn't happened again since and I beat the game 3 times, until I got Baten Kaitos...

Which was the next one. The screen popped up right in the middle of an important battle(which was against Giacomo and his lackies I believe). It occured twice. It hasn't happened again since though, and I managed to progress past it.

I thought it'd be a DRE, but there's a different occurence for that, and that only happened with Super Smash Bros.(which has a few scratches).

Also, my Xbox singled out, and won't play Halo 2. I guess it could be because of that CD drive problem everyone's been talking about between Philips and Thompson or something.

Grasshopper
05-17-2005, 12:42 PM

I would too.

And the design of the console has hardly changed, it's basically a white PS2 with and ugly controller.

But its convex guys, convex... see its different. ;)

Grasshopper
05-17-2005, 12:42 PM

I would too.

And the design of the console has hardly changed, it's basically a white PS2 with and ugly controller.

But its convex guys, convex... see its different. ;)

Yoshiman
05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Eh, the PS3 design looks kinda funky to me. I can't set anything on top of it like I can with my PS2 because of the convex shape. And the PS3 logo reminds me of the Spiderman movie logo.

I have to agree with the majority of people on the controller. It looks really awkward (I could make a few dirty comments on the shape and uses of the handles, but I won't :tongue: ). I liked the way Sony had it's Playstation controllers.

But put a good Silent Hill or Final Fantasy on it with a reasonable price and I'm sold.

Yoshiman
05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Eh, the PS3 design looks kinda funky to me. I can't set anything on top of it like I can with my PS2 because of the convex shape. And the PS3 logo reminds me of the Spiderman movie logo.

I have to agree with the majority of people on the controller. It looks really awkward (I could make a few dirty comments on the shape and uses of the handles, but I won't :tongue: ). I liked the way Sony had it's Playstation controllers.

But put a good Silent Hill or Final Fantasy on it with a reasonable price and I'm sold.

Shoelace
05-17-2005, 05:02 PM
The controller looks weird but the system is okay. In my opinion the system looks better than the new Nintendo, however, we will have to see how they pan out.

Shoelace
05-17-2005, 05:02 PM
The controller looks weird but the system is okay. In my opinion the system looks better than the new Nintendo, however, we will have to see how they pan out.

Cloral
05-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't like the looks of the controller either, but nobody's held it yet so its a bit early to pass judgement on it. When I go to e3 I'll try holding it and see how it feels and let you all know. Honestly, it looks to me like it fixes the one problem I had with the PS2 controller - the very short handles on each side were far too small for my hands.

Cloral
05-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't like the looks of the controller either, but nobody's held it yet so its a bit early to pass judgement on it. When I go to e3 I'll try holding it and see how it feels and let you all know. Honestly, it looks to me like it fixes the one problem I had with the PS2 controller - the very short handles on each side were far too small for my hands.

Masamune
05-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I tried simulating the controller experience by duct taping 4 bananas to a boomerang and holding it like that. I didn't like it one bit. The controller will suck. =(

Masamune
05-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I tried simulating the controller experience by duct taping 4 bananas to a boomerang and holding it like that. I didn't like it one bit. The controller will suck. =(

Orion
05-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, looking at all 3 consoles now, based solely on case appearance and nothing else, Nintendo's temp revolution design kicks the PS3's ass. While I still like the PS3's design, it does look like like a waffle iron...

Orion
05-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, looking at all 3 consoles now, based solely on case appearance and nothing else, Nintendo's temp revolution design kicks the PS3's ass. While I still like the PS3's design, it does look like like a waffle iron...

theplustwo
05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
It looks like one of those endlessly expensive Blu-Ray video players from Japan, which makes sense because it uses Blu-Ray discs. The hardware required to play them is inherently bulkier than normal DVDs and they are more sensative so they require "caddies".

It reminded me of this one in particular:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/blu-ray-3.jpg

theplustwo
05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
It looks like one of those endlessly expensive Blu-Ray video players from Japan, which makes sense because it uses Blu-Ray discs. The hardware required to play them is inherently bulkier than normal DVDs and they are more sensative so they require "caddies".

It reminded me of this one in particular:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/blu-ray-3.jpg

Fiyerstorm
05-17-2005, 10:00 PM
The system looks like a George Foreman grill and the controllers look like they'd give someone of the female gender pleasure. (OMG DUAL SHOCK?)

Fiyerstorm
05-17-2005, 10:00 PM
The system looks like a George Foreman grill and the controllers look like they'd give someone of the female gender pleasure. (OMG DUAL SHOCK?)

Yoshiman
05-18-2005, 06:22 AM
... and the controllers look like they'd give someone of the female gender pleasure. (OMG DUAL SHOCK?)

You should have read the convo I had with one of my (female) friends about this. XD

Yoshiman
05-18-2005, 06:22 AM
... and the controllers look like they'd give someone of the female gender pleasure. (OMG DUAL SHOCK?)

You should have read the convo I had with one of my (female) friends about this. XD

Fiyerstorm
05-18-2005, 08:12 AM
lmao!!

Was it hot and kinky? ;o

*BZZZZZ*

Welcum to the next-generation.

Fiyerstorm
05-18-2005, 08:12 AM
lmao!!

Was it hot and kinky? ;o

*BZZZZZ*

Welcum to the next-generation.

Lilith
05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
The cuntroller looks like a double-dild0rz. I'd buy it.

Lilith
05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
The cuntroller looks like a double-dild0rz. I'd buy it.

Steezy20
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
How the hell are you supposed to play a game on those controllers? Hardly very practicle. As for the main unit, it reminds me of my sandwhich toaster.
The X-Box looks far slicker.

Steezy20
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
How the hell are you supposed to play a game on those controllers? Hardly very practicle. As for the main unit, it reminds me of my sandwhich toaster.
The X-Box looks far slicker.

vegeta1215
05-18-2005, 01:27 PM
There was an article on Slashdot today that said the price of the PS3 may be upwards of around $465! That is a lot of money. I think even if I was interested in buying a PS3, I'd have to hold off for a while. Heck if it was $300 I'd hold off.

I'm hoping Revolution is at a lower price, like around $200.

vegeta1215
05-18-2005, 01:27 PM
There was an article on Slashdot today that said the price of the PS3 may be upwards of around $465! That is a lot of money. I think even if I was interested in buying a PS3, I'd have to hold off for a while. Heck if it was $300 I'd hold off.

I'm hoping Revolution is at a lower price, like around $200.

MottZilla
05-18-2005, 01:52 PM
It will be significantly cheaper vegeta. Xbox 360 and PS3 both intend to use new Blue Laser technology for higher density formats Blu-Ray (PS3) and HD-DVD (Xbox 360). This technology alone is very expensive. The Revolution is using regular Red Laser technology which is cheap and works well. I'm sure Nintendo has other things in mind to try to keep costs down.

If PS3 really goes on sale for more than 300$, that will rock. Not for Sony, but for me, who wants Sony to crash n' burn.

MottZilla
05-18-2005, 01:52 PM
It will be significantly cheaper vegeta. Xbox 360 and PS3 both intend to use new Blue Laser technology for higher density formats Blu-Ray (PS3) and HD-DVD (Xbox 360). This technology alone is very expensive. The Revolution is using regular Red Laser technology which is cheap and works well. I'm sure Nintendo has other things in mind to try to keep costs down.

If PS3 really goes on sale for more than 300$, that will rock. Not for Sony, but for me, who wants Sony to crash n' burn.

vegeta1215
05-18-2005, 04:23 PM
I didn't know X-Box 360 used blue laser technology. I was under the impression that they were using standard DVDs (maybe dual-layer though)

vegeta1215
05-18-2005, 04:23 PM
I didn't know X-Box 360 used blue laser technology. I was under the impression that they were using standard DVDs (maybe dual-layer though)

MottZilla
05-19-2005, 02:12 AM
Um, dude, Xbox already uses DVD (both layers). Xbox 360/Microsoft said in the past they are backing the HD-DVD format, which also uses blue laser technology but unlike Blu-Ray apparently HD-DVD is easier to implement into existing facilties formanufacturing discs.

MottZilla
05-19-2005, 02:12 AM
Um, dude, Xbox already uses DVD (both layers). Xbox 360/Microsoft said in the past they are backing the HD-DVD format, which also uses blue laser technology but unlike Blu-Ray apparently HD-DVD is easier to implement into existing facilties formanufacturing discs.

Lilith
05-19-2005, 03:25 AM
lol Xbox is hueg!

Lilith
05-19-2005, 03:25 AM
lol Xbox is hueg!

Grasshopper
05-19-2005, 10:29 AM

I've heard the same thing Vegeta has. Microsoft orginally intended to use HD-DVD, but changed back to DVD because they saw no reason to use HD-DVD when games aren't that big. You can still fit a game on a DVD and that would increase the price of the system. In fact, I think Sony using that big of a storage medium is pretty stupid because the PS3 will be gone before games are that large.

Anyway, its listed in the fact sheet as the storage medium being DVD-ROM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm

Grasshopper
05-19-2005, 10:29 AM

I've heard the same thing Vegeta has. Microsoft orginally intended to use HD-DVD, but changed back to DVD because they saw no reason to use HD-DVD when games aren't that big. You can still fit a game on a DVD and that would increase the price of the system. In fact, I think Sony using that big of a storage medium is pretty stupid because the PS3 will be gone before games are that large.

Blonde799
05-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Some PS2 games span 2 discs. Maybe Sony's intention was to condense large great looking games into just one?

Blonde799
05-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Some PS2 games span 2 discs. Maybe Sony's intention was to condense large great looking games into just one?

MottZilla
05-20-2005, 01:25 AM
If Xbox 360 is only DVD, then Xbox 360 will not be quite as expensive I suppose.

MottZilla
05-20-2005, 01:25 AM
If Xbox 360 is only DVD, then Xbox 360 will not be quite as expensive I suppose.

Cloral
05-20-2005, 01:35 AM

That's not entirely true. Sports games already fill the whole DVD with all the commentary. In fact, some commentary and songs usually have to get axed to ensure the thing fits. Also remember FFX where the voice acting made the game take the entire DVD. But it is true that most other types of games don't use anywhere near the whole amount of space on the DVD.

Cloral
05-20-2005, 01:35 AM

That's not entirely true. Sports games already fill the whole DVD with all the commentary. In fact, some commentary and songs usually have to get axed to ensure the thing fits. Also remember FFX where the voice acting made the game take the entire DVD. But it is true that most other types of games don't use anywhere near the whole amount of space on the DVD.

MottZilla
05-20-2005, 03:55 PM
It's almost always audio and video streams that fill up most of a disc.

MottZilla
05-20-2005, 03:55 PM
It's almost always audio and video streams that fill up most of a disc.

Orion
05-20-2005, 05:06 PM
I imagine they will be using dual layered DVD-ROM's this time around, which, if I assume right, is twice as much room on one disk?

Orion
05-20-2005, 05:06 PM
I imagine they will be using dual layered DVD-ROM's this time around, which, if I assume right, is twice as much room on one disk?

MottZilla
05-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Aside from gamecube, all systems already use dual layering DVDs. If GC used dual layered discs would fit roughly 3gigs opposed to 1.5gigs. The standard 12cm DVD fits 4.7GB (roughly) on each layer.

MottZilla
05-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Aside from gamecube, all systems already use dual layering DVDs. If GC used dual layered discs would fit roughly 3gigs opposed to 1.5gigs. The standard 12cm DVD fits 4.7GB (roughly) on each layer.

Orion
05-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Changing sides on this topic now...

Does this piss anyone else off? http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/24/news_6126423.html

Oh, and it is sounding like Sony will probably release this at the $300 price point. Which is good for them, i suppose. I didn't think they wre stupid enough to release it for more than $400.

Orion
05-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Changing sides on this topic now...

Does this piss anyone else off? http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/24/news_6126423.html

Oh, and it is sounding like Sony will probably release this at the $300 price point. Which is good for them, i suppose. I didn't think they wre stupid enough to release it for more than $400.

Warlock
05-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Wow, that is exactly why I have not been looking forward to PS3.. they said something similar to that a few years ago. They want it to do shit like order pizzas for you and record movies..

Honestly, with that mentality, I don't see how it can be LESS than $300. It's a "piece of home entertainment", not a game console.. entertainment products tend to be expensive, esp. when they include everything but the kitchen sink. It sounds like Sony wants to make this the all-purpose entertainment center product which I just think is retarded.

Like Mott said, I honestly hope they overprice themselves and fail. I have nothing against Sony but there are too many damn consoles on the market. I'd like to not have to buy three freakin' game systems just to play the games I want to play.

Warlock
05-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Wow, that is exactly why I have not been looking forward to PS3.. they said something similar to that a few years ago. They want it to do shit like order pizzas for you and record movies..

Honestly, with that mentality, I don't see how it can be LESS than $300. It's a "piece of home entertainment", not a game console.. entertainment products tend to be expensive, esp. when they include everything but the kitchen sink. It sounds like Sony wants to make this the all-purpose entertainment center product which I just think is retarded.

Like Mott said, I honestly hope they overprice themselves and fail. I have nothing against Sony but there are too many damn consoles on the market. I'd like to not have to buy three freakin' game systems just to play the games I want to play.

Daarkseid
05-25-2005, 04:13 AM
This next console generation, I'll probably only get a revolution. And only once they deliver on their online deals and such.

Daarkseid
05-25-2005, 04:13 AM
This next console generation, I'll probably only get a revolution. And only once they deliver on their online deals and such.

MottZilla
05-25-2005, 04:26 PM
I will likely get them all, but not until they are priced for what they are really worth.