PDA

View Full Version : I cant run ZC. help!

corneredin675
05-16-2005, 04:44 PM
I downloaded ZC, extracted all the files, and ran the setup. Now when i try to play the game I get a window with a black screen that stays open for about 2 seconds. then its gone and nothing happens. My OS is xp. do i need an emulator or some other kind of support program?

corneredin675
05-16-2005, 04:44 PM
I downloaded ZC, extracted all the files, and ran the setup. Now when i try to play the game I get a window with a black screen that stays open for about 2 seconds. then its gone and nothing happens. My OS is xp. do i need an emulator or some other kind of support program?

Rakki
05-16-2005, 06:47 PM
For some reason, you need to be logged in as an administrator on Windows XP to be able to use ZC. Also, it's best to use the Windows version of ZC for XP, since XP doesn't like DOS for some reason. The windows version says "zelda-w.exe" and "zquest-w.exe" instead of "zelda.exe" and "zquest.exe".

Rakki
05-16-2005, 06:47 PM
For some reason, you need to be logged in as an administrator on Windows XP to be able to use ZC. Also, it's best to use the Windows version of ZC for XP, since XP doesn't like DOS for some reason. The windows version says "zelda-w.exe" and "zquest-w.exe" instead of "zelda.exe" and "zquest.exe".