PDA

View Full Version : Politics and Employment.

Trevelyan_06
05-16-2005, 03:30 AM
I have three questions to ask you folks.
1. Is your job Union or Non-union
2. Company or not.(Manager or executive, or just a plain worker)
3. Are you Democrat or Republican.

Now I ask this because most would think that a blue-collared worker would typically vote Democrat. This goes doubly if they were union as Democrats traditionally are more favorable than Republicans to Unions. Please don't turn this into, "Well I voted this way or that because of this." I merely want to know how it all breaks down. There was a time when your typical worker would be union and would vote Democrat, the company officals of course Republican. I know things change and that's what I want to see. How many non-company or manager workers would vote Republican. Just curious.

Trevelyan_06
05-16-2005, 03:30 AM
I have three questions to ask you folks.
1. Is your job Union or Non-union
2. Company or not.(Manager or executive, or just a plain worker)
3. Are you Democrat or Republican.

Now I ask this because most would think that a blue-collared worker would typically vote Democrat. This goes doubly if they were union as Democrats traditionally are more favorable than Republicans to Unions. Please don't turn this into, "Well I voted this way or that because of this." I merely want to know how it all breaks down. There was a time when your typical worker would be union and would vote Democrat, the company officals of course Republican. I know things change and that's what I want to see. How many non-company or manager workers would vote Republican. Just curious.

Starkist
05-16-2005, 03:35 AM
I work for a nonunion company in nonmanagerial position. I tend to vote Republican, although they are getting too liberal for my tastes. My biggest enemy is the state teacher's union, as I am virulantly anti-them and headed into the education field.

Starkist
05-16-2005, 03:35 AM
I work for a nonunion company in nonmanagerial position. I tend to vote Republican, although they are getting too liberal for my tastes. My biggest enemy is the state teacher's union, as I am virulantly anti-them and headed into the education field.

moocow
05-16-2005, 11:30 AM
I don't vote. But, if it counts, I was raised in a Republican household. My dad is a GM of a gas station now, used to manage restaraunts. My mom is just my mom.

moocow
05-16-2005, 11:30 AM
I don't vote. But, if it counts, I was raised in a Republican household. My dad is a GM of a gas station now, used to manage restaraunts. My mom is just my mom.

Brasel
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
1. Yeah, I wish this were a Union job. Just think. "Mr. General, I don't think you're being fair, sending us to Iraq. We're gonna strike.

2.Company. Sure.

3. I used to be a strong republican, but Mr. Bush is making it awfully hard to vote that way right now.

Brasel
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
1. Yeah, I wish this were a Union job. Just think. "Mr. General, I don't think you're being fair, sending us to Iraq. We're gonna strike.

2.Company. Sure.

3. I used to be a strong republican, but Mr. Bush is making it awfully hard to vote that way right now.

Trevelyan_06
05-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Guess I should participate in my own poll here...
1. Union
2. Non-company.
3. Democrat

Trevelyan_06
05-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Guess I should participate in my own poll here...
1. Union
2. Non-company.
3. Democrat

Cloral
05-16-2005, 03:06 PM
1. Non-union
2. Non-company
3. Centrist

Well doesn't that just screw up your poll. I'm neither a Democrat or Republican, but a Centrist (for those of you who don't know, a Centrist is someone who pushes for moderation and votes based on issues instead of party lines).

Cloral
05-16-2005, 03:06 PM
1. Non-union
2. Non-company
3. Centrist

Well doesn't that just screw up your poll. I'm neither a Democrat or Republican, but a Centrist (for those of you who don't know, a Centrist is someone who pushes for moderation and votes based on issues instead of party lines).

Starkist
05-16-2005, 03:10 PM
A caveat to that is many who claim to be centrist overwhelmingly vote in one direction or another, although I'm not saying that's what you do Cloral...

Starkist
05-16-2005, 03:10 PM
A caveat to that is many who claim to be centrist overwhelmingly vote in one direction or another, although I'm not saying that's what you do Cloral...

Beldaran
05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
1) non-union (student)
2) non-company (student)
3) I tend to be fairly libertarian... on some things I'm conservative (taxes, pro-small business) and on many things I'm liberal (social issues - pro stem cell research, gay marriage is fine, Iraq war is retarded, don't want police state)

Beldaran
05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
1) non-union (student)
2) non-company (student)
3) I tend to be fairly libertarian... on some things I'm conservative (taxes, pro-small business) and on many things I'm liberal (social issues - pro stem cell research, gay marriage is fine, Iraq war is retarded, don't want police state)

mikeron
05-16-2005, 07:41 PM
non-union
non-manager
holier-than-thou

mikeron
05-16-2005, 07:41 PM
non-union
non-manager
holier-than-thou

DarkDragon
05-16-2005, 07:56 PM
1. Non-union.
2. Not in a company, it's just me and my boss.
3. Democrat

DarkDragon
05-16-2005, 07:56 PM
1. Non-union.
2. Not in a company, it's just me and my boss.
3. Democrat