PDA

View Full Version : My poker table

Eckels
05-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Finished building my poker table on friday. Unfortunately these pictures are really shitty, but you'll get the idea.

I chose an elipse shape because a round table wont fit in my house (small house), and I really wanted to fit 8 people. I couldnt fit a full 8' long table either, and with this design the atmosphere is a lot more personal. You much more easily look at the player sitting two seats to your side (as you may not be able to with a typical texas holdem table). the table is about 7' long and like 40" wide, i think. I dont really remember. It very comfortably sits eight.

I used green velveteen and 1/2" volara headliner foam for the playing surface (which is removable via a few thumb bolts in case i have to re-upolster ever). The racetrack was stained with ipswich pine minwax stain, and then sealed with four coats of wipe-on gloss poly. For the rail i used a 1-inch foam with black vinyl as the surface. The rail is not mechanically attached to the table, this is to prevent damaging the rail during transport, it's moved seperately from the table. I used folding table legs for the legs. The cupholders are the largest available that i could find. They'll fit big gulp and large slurpee cups, as well as beer cans in cozies.

We played with it friday night, and it was a big hit. I'm very proud of it, I think it came out very nice.

Anyways, like i said, the pictures are el-shito, but you'll get a feel for the design.

Eckels
05-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Finished building my poker table on friday. Unfortunately these pictures are really shitty, but you'll get the idea.

I chose an elipse shape because a round table wont fit in my house (small house), and I really wanted to fit 8 people. I couldnt fit a full 8' long table either, and with this design the atmosphere is a lot more personal. You much more easily look at the player sitting two seats to your side (as you may not be able to with a typical texas holdem table). the table is about 7' long and like 40" wide, i think. I dont really remember. It very comfortably sits eight.

I used green velveteen and 1/2" volara headliner foam for the playing surface (which is removable via a few thumb bolts in case i have to re-upolster ever). The racetrack was stained with ipswich pine minwax stain, and then sealed with four coats of wipe-on gloss poly. For the rail i used a 1-inch foam with black vinyl as the surface. The rail is not mechanically attached to the table, this is to prevent damaging the rail during transport, it's moved seperately from the table. I used folding table legs for the legs. The cupholders are the largest available that i could find. They'll fit big gulp and large slurpee cups, as well as beer cans in cozies.

We played with it friday night, and it was a big hit. I'm very proud of it, I think it came out very nice.

Anyways, like i said, the pictures are el-shito, but you'll get a feel for the design.

Master Ghaleon
05-15-2005, 06:37 PM
I could only dream to build something that nice. Great work :thumbsup:

Master Ghaleon
05-15-2005, 06:37 PM
I could only dream to build something that nice. Great work :thumbsup:

Glitch
05-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Nice table Eckels. Now you need to throw it in the bed of your truck, bring all of your poker buddies, and come to WL's house for a 2 table tourney. :thumbsup:

Glitch
05-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Nice table Eckels. Now you need to throw it in the bed of your truck, bring all of your poker buddies, and come to WL's house for a 2 table tourney. :thumbsup:

Deviance
05-15-2005, 08:56 PM
*orgasms* Dude that is fucking awsome. Wish I play poker on that table. Nice work Eckels.

Deviance
05-15-2005, 08:56 PM
*orgasms* Dude that is fucking awsome. Wish I play poker on that table. Nice work Eckels.

Drunken Tiger
05-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Nice work ecks.... Now can you make me one? :)

Drunken Tiger
05-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Nice work ecks.... Now can you make me one? :)

Deviance
05-15-2005, 10:49 PM
So... When are you going to invite everyone at #agn to play :D. Once again. Nice work :)

Deviance
05-15-2005, 10:49 PM
So... When are you going to invite everyone at #agn to play :D. Once again. Nice work :)