PDA

View Full Version : I was bored...short story

Brasel
05-15-2005, 03:13 PM
There I was, standing outside the monstrous tower. I had been waiting for this day for a long time. I could finally prove myself. Unfortunately, the road here has taken its toll. I’ve lost much up until this point: my family, my life savings, and my sanity. I couldn’t believe that I was finally there.

Silently, I walked toward the base of the tower. The town that populated itself under this looming shadow was bustling and noisy. I heard no noise that day. All I knew was that I would have my revenge. On this day, those that had made me and my family suffer, were done for. How much more I would have to sacrifice, though, I would have never guessed.

The Tower of Heaven, as it was known, was actually the house of three evil men and all of their corrupt secrets. The townspeople that toiled around below had been living in pleasant ignorance their whole lives. They knew nothing of the falsehood of the men they worshipped. Terrible lies and hellish secrets were soon to be unleashed, and no one knew enough to do anything about it.

I did, I knew. They took everything from me. I lived in the pleasant ignorance until my family was slaughtered. My brother unveiled a terrible mystery during his mission for truth. The Three Gods, who we had worshiped and loved for centuries, were gathering their power from an ancient evil. This evil was known by many names, but was most regularly referred to as, in the ancient tongue, Satan.

These Three Gods had to make sacrifices of virgin blood every thirty days to retain the power that they received from Satan. Every time they would make a sacrifice, it would be discreet. A man and wife would find that their teenaged daughter would run away, only to find her weeks later, drained of all her blood and left in a compromising environment. It was always blamed on the girl’s bad common sense. For example, when she would show up in a harem, she was blamed for ever putting herself in the situation to sleep with a killer.

My brother went to seek the truth behind his beloved’s death. He learned of the blood sacrifices when he at last reached the tower. Here, his final battle took place. Here, the Three Gods confessed to him. They did not know he would make it back home before he died. He was battered and beaten when he arrived at my family’s doorstep, still clenching the bloodied sword he had used to cut down the guards. My brother told me with his dying words, that the Three Gods murdered his beloved. I found his notebook on his corpse; this is where I learned the rest.

Not two days had gone by when the rest of my family was savagely destroyed. I returned home from an evening with my lover, only to find my family in pieces. Body parts were strewn about the floor, blood covered almost every inch of the house’s interior. I wretched, it was all I could do at the time. I took what I could of my belongings, only those of which weren’t soaked or stained with my parents’ blood. I would have my revenge.

She told me not to go, but I had to do what my brother could not. I had to avenge my family, and prevent it from happening to anyone else. My lover said she would never forgive me if I left. I told her that I loved her, and I left. The journey would be long and hard, for the Tower of Heaven was at least a week of travel by foot, and that was if I was lucky. I spent all I had on equipment and rations. I didn’t need money where I was going, as I didn’t expect to return.

I had expected a week, but the journey took at least a month. Bad weather, unfortunate run-ins with assassins from the church, and a tagalong lover made the quest longer. I tried to send her home, but she wouldn’t listen. She was bent on making sure I made it there and back safely. She didn’t have the luck I had. Assassins send from the Three Gods took her from me. We were asleep when it happened. I awoke to a struggle and then everything went black again. When I awoke for the second time, she was gone, and I was alone. I had thought she was killed, but to my surprise, I’d see her again.

The road drove me insane. I had lost my way, and stumbled into the Swamps of Despair. I met my family here again, for this is where lost souls gathered. They did not recognize me. They were now soul thirsty ghosts, only satisfied with drinking the spirit of hapless men who traveled through. I was fortunate enough to defeat the ghosts of my family with the silver sword my brother had last used to slay the guards of the Tower of Heaven. I don’t remember much of my travels after that. As I said, I was driven insane.

I was at the gates to the Tower of Heaven. I fought with a bloodlust that I could have never imagined. Guards with armor and gear much more elaborate than mine fell by my sword like playing cards in the wind. The climb took much longer than it should have. Minions, monsters, beasts, and men impeded my quest, though none of them could stop my furious rage. Hours, maybe even days passed during that climb.

When I reached the top, the sky greeted me. The worshipping altar was open to the sky, and an innocent woman was chained to it with all sorts of strange clear tubes sticking into her body. Three figures towered over her. I could not make out anything other than red robes. Their faces were black, and didn’t even seem to exist. An invisible mouth started to speak to me. The voice rang out clear and true, much like a trumpet signaling victory amidst a bloodstained and desolate field after a great battle.

The voice said that God is dead. Satan will now rise with the final sacrifice. With those words, a rip in the sky appeared. Swirling clouds and thunderbolts birthed a giant crimson beast. The beast was burning with fires hotter than anything I had ever witnessed in my life. I was attacked by the Three Gods. The battle was fierce and long. Three scythes to my one silver sword, which stood out like a ray of hope in a terrible storm. Clashes of metal rang out into the night sky. Screams and grunts of four men locked in mortal combat sounded unusually close to the men and women in the town below. Bones were fractured and blood was shed, but it was I who came out victorious in the end. Three men who were worshipped as gods brought down by my hand.

With his dying breath, an unrobed “god” cursed me for breaking the final summoning of Satan. I had killed all their hopes of following their master in the new age of doom. As Satan was returning to the gaping hole in the sky, I fell to the ground. I might have won, but my health was failing. I had not eaten or slept in days. My body had finally lost all its energy. I was dying.

During the agonizing pain that ripped through my body, I heard a voice. This was the most soothing and gentle voice I had ever heard in my entire pitiful existence. It was an old and kind voice, he said to me: You have released me from my prison in Satan’s Hell. For this, I will give you eternal life.

This is where I saw her again. I saw her, and my brother. Life down below was pretty much the same for those who continued to live in pleasant ignorance, and none will ever know of the courageous quests that my brother and I taken. The tower crumbled to the ground, and the Three Gods were cast out of the minds of all. People everywhere embraced the new God, the father almighty.

And I lived a peaceful new life in paradise, with my lover.

Brasel
05-15-2005, 03:13 PM
There I was, standing outside the monstrous tower. I had been waiting for this day for a long time. I could finally prove myself. Unfortunately, the road here has taken its toll. I’ve lost much up until this point: my family, my life savings, and my sanity. I couldn’t believe that I was finally there.

Silently, I walked toward the base of the tower. The town that populated itself under this looming shadow was bustling and noisy. I heard no noise that day. All I knew was that I would have my revenge. On this day, those that had made me and my family suffer, were done for. How much more I would have to sacrifice, though, I would have never guessed.

The Tower of Heaven, as it was known, was actually the house of three evil men and all of their corrupt secrets. The townspeople that toiled around below had been living in pleasant ignorance their whole lives. They knew nothing of the falsehood of the men they worshipped. Terrible lies and hellish secrets were soon to be unleashed, and no one knew enough to do anything about it.

I did, I knew. They took everything from me. I lived in the pleasant ignorance until my family was slaughtered. My brother unveiled a terrible mystery during his mission for truth. The Three Gods, who we had worshiped and loved for centuries, were gathering their power from an ancient evil. This evil was known by many names, but was most regularly referred to as, in the ancient tongue, Satan.

These Three Gods had to make sacrifices of virgin blood every thirty days to retain the power that they received from Satan. Every time they would make a sacrifice, it would be discreet. A man and wife would find that their teenaged daughter would run away, only to find her weeks later, drained of all her blood and left in a compromising environment. It was always blamed on the girl’s bad common sense. For example, when she would show up in a harem, she was blamed for ever putting herself in the situation to sleep with a killer.

My brother went to seek the truth behind his beloved’s death. He learned of the blood sacrifices when he at last reached the tower. Here, his final battle took place. Here, the Three Gods confessed to him. They did not know he would make it back home before he died. He was battered and beaten when he arrived at my family’s doorstep, still clenching the bloodied sword he had used to cut down the guards. My brother told me with his dying words, that the Three Gods murdered his beloved. I found his notebook on his corpse; this is where I learned the rest.

Not two days had gone by when the rest of my family was savagely destroyed. I returned home from an evening with my lover, only to find my family in pieces. Body parts were strewn about the floor, blood covered almost every inch of the house’s interior. I wretched, it was all I could do at the time. I took what I could of my belongings, only those of which weren’t soaked or stained with my parents’ blood. I would have my revenge.

She told me not to go, but I had to do what my brother could not. I had to avenge my family, and prevent it from happening to anyone else. My lover said she would never forgive me if I left. I told her that I loved her, and I left. The journey would be long and hard, for the Tower of Heaven was at least a week of travel by foot, and that was if I was lucky. I spent all I had on equipment and rations. I didn’t need money where I was going, as I didn’t expect to return.

I had expected a week, but the journey took at least a month. Bad weather, unfortunate run-ins with assassins from the church, and a tagalong lover made the quest longer. I tried to send her home, but she wouldn’t listen. She was bent on making sure I made it there and back safely. She didn’t have the luck I had. Assassins send from the Three Gods took her from me. We were asleep when it happened. I awoke to a struggle and then everything went black again. When I awoke for the second time, she was gone, and I was alone. I had thought she was killed, but to my surprise, I’d see her again.

The road drove me insane. I had lost my way, and stumbled into the Swamps of Despair. I met my family here again, for this is where lost souls gathered. They did not recognize me. They were now soul thirsty ghosts, only satisfied with drinking the spirit of hapless men who traveled through. I was fortunate enough to defeat the ghosts of my family with the silver sword my brother had last used to slay the guards of the Tower of Heaven. I don’t remember much of my travels after that. As I said, I was driven insane.

I was at the gates to the Tower of Heaven. I fought with a bloodlust that I could have never imagined. Guards with armor and gear much more elaborate than mine fell by my sword like playing cards in the wind. The climb took much longer than it should have. Minions, monsters, beasts, and men impeded my quest, though none of them could stop my furious rage. Hours, maybe even days passed during that climb.

When I reached the top, the sky greeted me. The worshipping altar was open to the sky, and an innocent woman was chained to it with all sorts of strange clear tubes sticking into her body. Three figures towered over her. I could not make out anything other than red robes. Their faces were black, and didn’t even seem to exist. An invisible mouth started to speak to me. The voice rang out clear and true, much like a trumpet signaling victory amidst a bloodstained and desolate field after a great battle.

The voice said that God is dead. Satan will now rise with the final sacrifice. With those words, a rip in the sky appeared. Swirling clouds and thunderbolts birthed a giant crimson beast. The beast was burning with fires hotter than anything I had ever witnessed in my life. I was attacked by the Three Gods. The battle was fierce and long. Three scythes to my one silver sword, which stood out like a ray of hope in a terrible storm. Clashes of metal rang out into the night sky. Screams and grunts of four men locked in mortal combat sounded unusually close to the men and women in the town below. Bones were fractured and blood was shed, but it was I who came out victorious in the end. Three men who were worshipped as gods brought down by my hand.

With his dying breath, an unrobed “god” cursed me for breaking the final summoning of Satan. I had killed all their hopes of following their master in the new age of doom. As Satan was returning to the gaping hole in the sky, I fell to the ground. I might have won, but my health was failing. I had not eaten or slept in days. My body had finally lost all its energy. I was dying.

During the agonizing pain that ripped through my body, I heard a voice. This was the most soothing and gentle voice I had ever heard in my entire pitiful existence. It was an old and kind voice, he said to me: You have released me from my prison in Satan’s Hell. For this, I will give you eternal life.

This is where I saw her again. I saw her, and my brother. Life down below was pretty much the same for those who continued to live in pleasant ignorance, and none will ever know of the courageous quests that my brother and I taken. The tower crumbled to the ground, and the Three Gods were cast out of the minds of all. People everywhere embraced the new God, the father almighty.

And I lived a peaceful new life in paradise, with my lover.

Dechipher
05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Haha. "tower"

*ahem*

Aren't in you the military?

"I liked it. You used a lot of big words and it was a little long, so I didn't finish it, but I gave you an "A" so who cares?"

Seriously, though. I liked it.

Dechipher
05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Haha. "tower"

*ahem*

Aren't in you the military?

"I liked it. You used a lot of big words and it was a little long, so I didn't finish it, but I gave you an "A" so who cares?"

Seriously, though. I liked it.

carrot red
05-15-2005, 08:25 PM
It's a bit too gloomy, it shows where you're at. At least it has a happy ending.

carrot red
05-15-2005, 08:25 PM
It's a bit too gloomy, it shows where you're at. At least it has a happy ending.

Lilith
05-16-2005, 12:41 AM
You gonna get raped.

Lilith
05-16-2005, 12:41 AM
You gonna get raped.