PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound... *GROAN*

MacWeirdo42
05-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, I'm going home tomorrow (well, for a couple of weeks, anyways). I'm currently attending school in Saint Paul, MN, and I live in McAllen, TX. Being a poor college student and all, the cheapest way back is the Greyhound bus. Only problem is, the trip, which basically involves going from one end of the country to the other, takes approximately 36 hours. Yeah, lotsa fun. Sure, I've done it before, but you never really get used to it. So anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any amusing Greyhound stories to cheer me up and maybe make me feel a little better about the whole thing.

For instance, there was the time I missed my transfer in Dallas (not really sure how it happened), but as a result, I ended up getting stuck there for a few hours. There are two things I learned from that trip. One is that the Dallas bus station REALLY sucks, and the second was that downtown Dallas is really boring. I walked around for awhile, seeing what I could see. I did, however, stumble upon the Grassy Knoll, which was interesting. And, okay, this particular story was more tragic/pathetic than anything, but one thing that did amuse me was the fact that my luggage did NOT in fact miss the transfer, and as a result got home before I did.

Another event, which actually was funny, was when we were in San Antonio (McAllen is WAY south, farther even than San Antonio), and the bus driver there was apparently require to take a drug test before he could leave. However, according to the bus driver, he didn't have to pee, and and as a result, we ended up sitting around for hours and the stupid bus station waiting for the guy to finish his drug test. In the end, the nice folks at Greyhound gave us all free phone cards to call home or whatever, which I ended up losing.

MacWeirdo42
05-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, I'm going home tomorrow (well, for a couple of weeks, anyways). I'm currently attending school in Saint Paul, MN, and I live in McAllen, TX. Being a poor college student and all, the cheapest way back is the Greyhound bus. Only problem is, the trip, which basically involves going from one end of the country to the other, takes approximately 36 hours. Yeah, lotsa fun. Sure, I've done it before, but you never really get used to it. So anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any amusing Greyhound stories to cheer me up and maybe make me feel a little better about the whole thing.

For instance, there was the time I missed my transfer in Dallas (not really sure how it happened), but as a result, I ended up getting stuck there for a few hours. There are two things I learned from that trip. One is that the Dallas bus station REALLY sucks, and the second was that downtown Dallas is really boring. I walked around for awhile, seeing what I could see. I did, however, stumble upon the Grassy Knoll, which was interesting. And, okay, this particular story was more tragic/pathetic than anything, but one thing that did amuse me was the fact that my luggage did NOT in fact miss the transfer, and as a result got home before I did.

Another event, which actually was funny, was when we were in San Antonio (McAllen is WAY south, farther even than San Antonio), and the bus driver there was apparently require to take a drug test before he could leave. However, according to the bus driver, he didn't have to pee, and and as a result, we ended up sitting around for hours and the stupid bus station waiting for the guy to finish his drug test. In the end, the nice folks at Greyhound gave us all free phone cards to call home or whatever, which I ended up losing.