PDA

View Full Version : other peoples quest

adioboy
05-14-2005, 05:53 PM
when i download a quest it asks if i would like to open it now when i say yes nothing comes up except a thing sayin "this program has performed and illegal operation and will be shut down."

What do i Do?

Zelda Master
05-14-2005, 06:10 PM
that happened alot of times to me, so much that I got :angry: but when i moved the quests to another folder i can open them with zquest/zeldaclassic.

in short:.. create a new folder, and name it custom quests, then move the qst file to that folder.

finally, open zeldaclassic/zquest and with zquest find the file and open it. and with ZeldaClassic register a name press whatever button you've assined to A and find the file. Viola!

SIDE NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING ZELDACLASSIC 2.10 when you close out you can't play the quest because it goes to: Program Files/Z2.10 to play it again go to qst directory in the options menu [ZELDACLASSIC ONLY] and choose custom quests

Glad to help! :highfive: :think:

Dart Zaidyer
05-14-2005, 06:12 PM
I can't count how many times I've had to answer this question in the past couple weeks, but here we go again:

Zelda Classic will not automatically play a quest if you just "open" it with Windows. You have to go into ZC itself, create a save slot and choose the quest that way. For information on how to do so, please see one of the many stickied threads which can be found here.