PDA

View Full Version : Problems with tile warps

Zelda Master
05-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Okay i have set up the tile warps to go to screen 54, and it takes me to screen 4A!

I so confused i'm very :angry:

does it somethin to do with the Dmap? :computer:

Rakki
05-15-2005, 12:09 AM
It does if you've got the Dmap shifted away from the VERY left edge of the map. You know that grey slider bar in the Edit Dmap window? For every column of rooms that the slider is slid to the right, you have to subtract 1 from the warp you're setting for a room in that Dmap. In turn, for every column of rooms the slider is shifted to the left, you have to add 1. So if it's shifted 3 columns of rooms to the right, you have to set the warp for screen 30 to have it take you to screen 33, or if it's 5 to the left, you have to set it for screen 47 to have it take you to screen 42. By the sounds of things, your warp for that map should be set for screen 5E. Try that out and see if it works.

Rakki
05-15-2005, 12:09 AM
It does if you've got the Dmap shifted away from the VERY left edge of the map. You know that grey slider bar in the Edit Dmap window? For every column of rooms that the slider is slid to the right, you have to subtract 1 from the warp you're setting for a room in that Dmap. In turn, for every column of rooms the slider is shifted to the left, you have to add 1. So if it's shifted 3 columns of rooms to the right, you have to set the warp for screen 30 to have it take you to screen 33, or if it's 5 to the left, you have to set it for screen 47 to have it take you to screen 42. By the sounds of things, your warp for that map should be set for screen 5E. Try that out and see if it works.

Zelda Master
05-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Thanks Rakki It Worked! :D

Zelda Master
05-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Thanks Rakki It Worked! :D