Spudnickator
05-14-2005, 03:45 AM
you mean quest beta tester?

g4conman
05-14-2005, 10:23 AM
yes! A zc "beta" tester.

cyberkitten
05-14-2005, 04:52 PM
you can't. it's kinda like being a mod. you're just not eligible. the fact that you've had two warnings in two days isn't helping, either. and if you don't stop using that stupid smiley in every post i'm going to disable your smiley use altogether.

Ganonator
05-14-2005, 08:11 PM
As is our policy with being a mod, the fastest way to become an official tester is to not ask to be an official tester.

As far as we're concerned, to be an official tester, you need at least 6 months of quest making experience, at least a year with the program in general, and you need to be a rather respected member of the community. Zelda Classic has had more than a million users: that's a staggering amount for a freeware program. We don't just let anybody in.

g4conman
05-14-2005, 08:34 PM
you can't. it's kinda like being a mod. you're just not eligible. the fact that you've had two warnings in two days isn't helping, either. and if you don't stop using that stupid smiley in every post i'm going to disable your smiley use altogether.
I didnt know that i couldnt post 2 in a row and thats how i got one warning and the smileys part of my signature.

Spudnickator
05-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Some people are asking for a 'Joint quest' which means they want people to help them, and one of the positons was a Beta Tester. Not sure if thats still running though. You could always make your friends make one in secret and not have them mention it to you, and then ask to test that! Its stupid, but it works! I'm gonna beta test 1 of my mates quests when its done.

You could even make friends with people online, so they eventually let you. I'm making a quest and i do need beta testers! *thinks* hmmmm!

Spudnickator
05-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Some people are asking for a 'Joint quest' which means they want people to help them, and one of the positons was a Beta Tester. Not sure if thats still running though. You could always make your friends make one in secret and not have them mention it to you, and then ask to test that! Its stupid, but it works! I'm gonna beta test 1 of my mates quests when its done.

You could even make friends with people online, so they eventually let you. I'm making a quest and i do need beta testers! *thinks* hmmmm!

The_Seventh_Sag
05-28-2005, 02:22 PM
So if my quest is done and I want someone to test it, I just get a beta tester to test it? Cool! This is a great site ;).

Ganondork
05-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Ya know ya could test it yerself... :banghead:

Rakki
05-28-2005, 03:11 PM
The author testing the quest by themselves usually isn't the best way to find bugs, because they KNOW where they're supposed to go and when, so they're less likely to run into a bug that another tester, who didn't know where to go, might find by going somewhere before they're supposed to go there.

Spudnickator
06-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Yeah, you should get people to test it for you. You can always test it yourself, but you should get people to do it as well.