PDA

View Full Version : Feral Quest

SoStaci
05-13-2005, 05:24 PM
It's a rather easy quest, beat it in like 100 minutes. I guess, short quests are a good way to start.

thanks to whoever made this one for the effort

JayeM
05-13-2005, 05:57 PM
I was very impressed with Trials of the Feral--it was very well done, especially since it's the first quest of Indignant Link and was made in only 2 weeks. The only disappointment (for me) was Level 9, in which most of the rooms were just pointless mayhem. I'm looking forward to more from this questmaker as he gets more skilled with ZQuest.

SoStaci
05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Well nobody knows their way 100% through zquest probably...so it was a great try by this newcomer.

My favorite and hardest stage was probably Level 6....I had to think carefully in order to beat it.

ShadowTiger
05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
... ... @_o ... ... Er ... Since www.zeldaclassic.com doesn't seem to work, can anyone please post a lost to the quest? I hate to be a bug, but it just seems kinda odd to someone who hasn't really been following the quests here to see such a seemingly random statement. :p Heh. Thank you very much. ^_^

Indignant_Link
05-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks JayeM, not only for liking my quest but for submitting it to the QDB. I don't know if I'll make another quest anytime soon, but I'll make it better when I do.
(ps): I wonder who graded my quest 4 hearts? ;)

Indignant_Link
05-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Sorry for the double post, but this is for Britianhero.

Trials of the Feral (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/search.php?by=name&quick=yes&s=Trials%20of%20the%20Feral&PHPSESSID=ae274ba4cf902d3d245522c20e2ae684) :)

ShadowTiger
05-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Thank you very much. :) I look forward to playing the quest. ^_^

Indignant_Link
05-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Np Britanianhero, I hope you enjoy it :D

boram_c
05-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Indignant_Link:

Next time, I suggest that you make a player actually work for certain items; if you offer an infinite money patch in the game, especially one nearby a shop with a coveted item (e.g. Sword L3, Mirror Shield), the player is only tempted to keep picking up the free cash and buy the items. You would have to then make up for this by making a different aspect of the game more difficult.

Some bosses are more effective in multiples; others are not at certain points of the game when the player has advanced weaponry. Multiple Gohmas work anytime, but multiple Aquamenti (plural of Aquamentus) without backup fall easily to a player with a Level 3 Sword and a Level 2 Shield. If a certain boss seems obsolete, combine it with another boss that cannot be killed in the same fashion; Aquamenti and Gleeok work together very well.

You did the right thing not to offer the Hammer and Wand too early; otherwise, a player could use the Hammer in place of a Level 2 Sword before obtaining a Level 3 sword.

Monster Cloning Factory?! That was one out of left field. I wonder why any Hylians would have a monster cloning factory. Good idea.

In the Boots/Flippers dungeon, the old man keeps giving money. Did you intend this? If not, you might want to either check for bugs, or have the man offer the money as a "special item".

Indignant_Link
05-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Monster Cloning Factory?! That was one out of left field. I wonder why any Hylians would have a monster cloning factory. Good idea.

They aren't Hylians, they are Feralians. On the quest page where you download my quest, the story says that Feralians have better technology, that's why I added this level. Also, next time, I will make people work for the level 3 sword, Mirror Shield, and Fire Brang.

Indignant_Link
05-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Sorry for the double post again, but this is also to Britanianhero.

www.zeldaclassic.com wasn't working for me either.
Try zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net, it should work. :)

boram_c
05-15-2005, 03:31 AM
I would be lying if I said that your idea to add spike mazes is original; however, it was certainly a good idea.

You might want to avoid providing the Level 3 Armor (Gold Ring) unless you planned to place more dangerous, more powerful enemies later on in the game. Perhaps two or three Mirror Wizrobes instead of just one in a room filled with Wizrobes would work. Also try Stalfos 3s (a.k.a. Crackfoses).

The top floor stairway in the final level does not lead anywhere, particularly not to the 3rd floor. Was this intentional?

With all the huge quests here, it is good to find a relatively short quest that is dense in gameplay and creativity, such as yours. Other short quests I have played are either too short or not filling enough to make up for their small sizes. The huge quests are like big-market baseball teams (Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees); the short, inefficient quests are like small-market teams with no chance for competition; yours, along with others, is the 2003 World Champion Florida Marlins.

boram_c
05-15-2005, 03:31 AM
I would be lying if I said that your idea to add spike mazes is original; however, it was certainly a good idea.

You might want to avoid providing the Level 3 Armor (Gold Ring) unless you planned to place more dangerous, more powerful enemies later on in the game. Perhaps two or three Mirror Wizrobes instead of just one in a room filled with Wizrobes would work. Also try Stalfos 3s (a.k.a. Crackfoses).

The top floor stairway in the final level does not lead anywhere, particularly not to the 3rd floor. Was this intentional?

With all the huge quests here, it is good to find a relatively short quest that is dense in gameplay and creativity, such as yours. Other short quests I have played are either too short or not filling enough to make up for their small sizes. The huge quests are like big-market baseball teams (Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees); the short, inefficient quests are like small-market teams with no chance for competition; yours, along with others, is the 2003 World Champion Florida Marlins.

soxfan2k4
05-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Any reason why my game would keep freezing in certain buildings in the village? I can't make it past the first room in the boots/flippers dungeon. The old man doesnt finish his thought, and I can't move. Yes, I am using Zquest 2.10

soxfan2k4
05-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Any reason why my game would keep freezing in certain buildings in the village? I can't make it past the first room in the boots/flippers dungeon. The old man doesnt finish his thought, and I can't move. Yes, I am using Zquest 2.10

soxfan2k4
05-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Never mind........ didnt know that you had to push a button to continue the quote

soxfan2k4
05-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Never mind........ didnt know that you had to push a button to continue the quote

soxfan2k4
05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Good quest. Took me about 4 hours

soxfan2k4
05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Good quest. Took me about 4 hours