PDA

View Full Version : Seanbox344's FAQs

LinkMaster500
05-11-2005, 05:08 PM
On the FAQ thread written by Seanbox344, he stated that the people who made ZC are "in good terms" with Nintendo because they aren't using any of their code.

What exactly is meant by "in good terms," and does that mean ZC is a legal program?

Thanks

zeldafannick
05-12-2005, 05:45 PM
well,think about it. ZC uses images,sounds,etc. from a LoZ rom.that means that they are using things from a COPYRIGHTED GAME.now,as long as ZC stays free, everything is completely legal,no problems.

also,you're welcome :D

LinkMaster500
05-12-2005, 06:12 PM
But don't the intellectual property laws make no difference as to whether a reproduction is done for profit-making purposes?

The idea of making quests is great. I just have concerns over ZC's legal status.

Rakki
05-12-2005, 07:05 PM
There's no need to be concerned, ZC has been around for about 6 years already. If Nintendo wanted them shut down, they'd have done it by now. Besides, ZC promotes Zelda for them, for free even, so yeah.

Dart Zaidyer
05-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Nintendo officially does not care about fangames. Anything you have heard to the contrary was either due to the game in question making a profit or because of timid webhosts and/or angry jerks who pose as Nintendo via Email to get the project shut down.

Rakki
05-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Wasn't the guy who's making OoT 2D the first one to pose as Nintendo and start "shutting down" other fangames? At least that's what I thought I heard...

Edit: Oh yeah, and adding something DZ didn't mention here, the only way Nintendo ever shuts things down(like I would assume ROM sites and such) is through MAIL. As in, you'd get a letter from them in your mailbox.

LinkMaster500
05-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Here's my next question. How do you guys know that Nintendo "officially does not care about fangames?"

Also, when you say that you "are in good terms with Nintendo," does that also mean that they don't mind that ZC is in existence as long as it's not done for any profits?