PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Characters

Darth Marsden
05-11-2005, 04:41 AM
Ok, so I like asking questions. If you could choose any video game character to be, which one would it be?

Me > Sylvester 'Sly' Boots from Anachronox. Until someone makes a better Noir-style game set in the future, anyway. He's cool, stylish and doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. Hell, he had his dead secratary stuffed into a little machine that doubles as your cursor!

Let's hear your choices.

Darth Marsden
05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
BUMP! Come on, let's hear who'd you'd be. Here's my character...

"Sly Boots is a private eye with an office on the city-planet Anachronox. He's a regular at "Rowdy's", a bar in the seediest section of an already seedy section of the city called "The Bricks". If you ever need his services, check the storage room upstairs. It's his office. He's bold, brash, overconfident, and thinks everyone likes him. He fancies himself a ladies' man, but really isn’t. He claims to have held a lot of jobs and be proficient at everything, but he actually learned just enough to get him into trouble. His main friend is a Personal Android Lackey he's had since age nine. PAL-18 is the only one who can stand him, and that's because he has to.

Sly's only other consistent "friend" comes in the form of a Cordicom LifeCursor, a floating mechanical arrow that accompanies him from case to case. Inside the LifeCursor lives his holographic secretary, Fatima Doohan. She keeps track of his quests and other day-to-day activities, all with a heavy dose of attitude. She was his real, flesh-and-bone secretary until she was killed in an accident two years ago. Boots digitized her, and now she's bitter about living the rest of her "life" in servitude.

Boots ran away from home at age 17. He did odd jobs, playing mechanic, handyman, and ambulance driver before working as a photographer for a private detective on Cordica. He changed his name from Silvestro Bucelli when he started up his own detective agency in a ritzy area of Anachronox. When his practice went south, he wound up as more of a nefarious delivery/bodyguard agency, with the occasional detective job.

But don't feel too bad for him. He's a jerk." (PlanetAnachronox.com)

ShadowTiger
05-11-2005, 09:27 AM
An odd decision, but it seems to be what I think I'd like.

Colette, from Tales Of Symphonia. She gets chosen to save the world, AND is given wings, and therefore, flight, AND has all these weird things happen to her, AND is stricken with all sorts of weird affects, AND follows a major quest plot. ... Damn cool, yo.

Blonde799
05-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Dante, from Devil May Cry 3. I know EVERYONE likes to surf rockets.:D

Carcer
05-11-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm going to have to go with a character from Tales of Symphonia, too. (A game such as this deserves bold every time.)
Raine is my character, although I'd rather not be a lady, (unless we're talking Violent Delight's - I wish I was a girl (http://www.elyrics.net/go/v/violent-delight-lyrics/i-wish-i-was-a-girl-lyrics/)).
Her personality is similar to mine, perhaps, but it is not that that I like about her - of course it's her combat style. I always prefer the support character in battle, and Raine is, for me, indispensable. Plus, she has some decent enough offensive spells.

vegeta1215
05-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Darth Marsden, do not expect people to reply right away to your posts. Be patient instead of making another post to bump your topic.

Brasel
05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
I would be Solid Snake. Just cause he's a bad ass, and he was in the army once.

Link 101
05-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I would also go with a character from Tales of Symphonia, and that character would be Regal. I chose him because I like his style, both of fighting and of talking. He is pretty quiet, I can't say I am like that. He looks tough, I also am not like that, but he is nice on the inside, I am too. I just like his way of fighting though, it is so badass. Imagine getting destroyed by someone who can't use their hands and arms at all!

Archibaldo
05-11-2005, 03:10 PM
I got one from Tales as well. I'd pick Zelos. That guy is pimpin'

Samson007
05-11-2005, 04:36 PM
I would be Kirby!

Think about it.

he can fly
he can be a fireball
he can turn to stone
he can become a wheel and roll around
he can smack you around with an umbrella
he can hit you with his spikes
he can shoot sparks at you

he can do almost anything. life as kirby would be sweet. and if you notice, all he eats are sweets that give him health!

Kairyu
05-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I'd choose Anji-Mito, from Guilty Gear.
He breaks out of a Japanese colony and explores the world while battling great fighters. He doesn't care about money or fame, all he wants is to explore, find answers to life's questions, and, possibly, exceed humankind's limits...
And he can beat people up with fans. Yes, fans. He's that good.
Okay, they're magic size-changing fans, but they're still fans.

Darth Marsden
05-12-2005, 05:25 AM
Darth Marsden, do not expect people to reply right away to your posts. Be patient instead of making another post to bump your topic. I posted again for two reasons - the bump was one (I just didn't want it to get lost, like some of the other threads around here). The other was to add the description of Boots. I know not everything happens instantly and I could have just edited my first post, but I just didn't feel like it.

...and come to think of it, you didn't tell us which Video Game Character YOU'D be, did you? Come on, spill it!

OLsen
05-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Spaz Jackrabbit. Weird (like me), funny and such.
If I couldn't choose Spaz, then I'll probably go for Megaman. Why? Cause of his robot suit. Most awesome suit I've ever seen ;).

vegeta1215
05-12-2005, 01:24 PM
...and come to think of it, you didn't tell us which Video Game Character YOU'D be, did you? Come on, spill it!

Isn't it obvious? I'd be Link of course :D When I was little, The Legend of Zelda was my absolute favorite (it still is). I played the games, watched the cartoons, you name it.

Pablo
05-12-2005, 05:53 PM
I'd be... the driver from Gran Turismo 4. He makes millions of dollars and gets to spend all his time either driving incredibly fast cars or collecting them. How much sweeter can it get?

noi_max
05-13-2005, 11:12 AM
For some reason, Alucard from "Castlevania- Symphony of the Night" springs to mind.

g4conman
05-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Im also gonna have to go with tales of symphonia.
hmmm....
Id be Kratos he has a big sword and spiky red hair.

g4conman
05-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Im also gonna have to go with tales of symphonia.
hmmm....
Id be Kratos he has a big sword and spiky red hair.

Master Ghaleon
05-15-2005, 12:10 AM
You should know who I would be :P

if ya didnt know its Master Ghaleon.

Master Ghaleon
05-15-2005, 12:10 AM
You should know who I would be :P

if ya didnt know its Master Ghaleon.

Steezy20
05-15-2005, 08:50 AM
I would choose to be Steezy the Penguin off Amped (hence my name).

Steezy20
05-15-2005, 08:50 AM
I would choose to be Steezy the Penguin off Amped (hence my name).

Darth Marsden
05-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Isn't it obvious? I'd be Link of course :D When I was little, The Legend of Zelda was my absolute favorite (it still is). I played the games, watched the cartoons, you name it. You watched the cartoon?

www.wellexcusemeprincess.com (http://www.wellexcusemeprincess.com)

:evil:

Darth Marsden
05-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Isn't it obvious? I'd be Link of course :D When I was little, The Legend of Zelda was my absolute favorite (it still is). I played the games, watched the cartoons, you name it. You watched the cartoon?

www.wellexcusemeprincess.com (http://www.wellexcusemeprincess.com)

:evil: