PDA

View Full Version : Please help! I'm new to this, but I have questions!

EzLink
05-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Ok, I downloaded I think version 2.10 or something last night, and it seems pretty cool. But then I click on What is ZC? And I see that it says you can create your own graphics, or import them. It shows screens with very decent scenery and graphics. I can only get mine to be the ones from the very first LoZ. And also, I read somewhere else that you can create your own enemies and or bosses or something. Also, it seems like on the thing I did, you have to have nine dungeons and get the triforce, not leaving much room for creative storyline development. Did I download the wrong thing? And also, once I create something, how do I play it? Thank you so much!

Rakki
05-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Well you must have read some user-made thing, because the only documentation that comes with Zelda Classic is the "zquest" text file, and the "new enemy tiles" PDF file. Anyway, if that thing you read suggests that you can only have 9 dungeons and you have to collect 8 Triforce pieces, it's wrong. There are 255 Dmaps at your disposal, which COULD be 1 overworld and 254 dungeons, if you made a quest that humongous, lol. You can have multiple overworlds as well, if you wish. And you also don't have to collect the Triforce pieces at all. The only thing MAKING you collect Triforce pieces in the quests that have them is either a 'guy' blocking your way to Ganon unless you have the Triforce, or events that get triggered whenever you collect a Triforce piece, meaning unless you had collected the eighth piece, you wouldn't be able to get to where Ganon is. Heck, there's another thing you don't have to have in a quest; Ganon! There's nothing that REQUIRES him to be placed in a quest. A lot of people just use him cause he's part of their storyline. ^_^; Oh, and incase you're thinking the Triforce pieces have to be Triforce pieces, they don't. You can completely change the look of the Triforce pieces and the Frame it goes in. You can also make it so the "TRIFORCE" text below that doesn't show up, with some creative pallette editing.

Erm, but as for your other question, lol, check this (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=59715) thread to see how to load custom quests.