PDA

View Full Version : Triggering Events...

Rakki
05-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Okay, I've got two screens set up, on separate Dmaps, using the same level number, and both screens have 1 trigger enemy and both have the "Dungeon Boss" enemy flag checked. I have a "kill all enemies" item on the one screen, and secret flags placed on the other screen, which should mean, when Link grabs the kill all enemies item, it should kill the trigger enemy on the screen with the secret combos, right? So why won't it work? I followed the tutorial from idontknow's pages EXACTLY, but it won't work.

Edit: I'm trying this on version 2.10 by the way, so does the trigger enemy possibly not work on this?

Shoelace
05-11-2005, 05:02 AM
Do you have the Enemies -> secert flag checked. I didn't see it in your description. If that isn't the problem then I have to look into it. But I do know that events work on 2.10 since I use like 100's of them.

Rakki
05-11-2005, 05:26 AM
Like you already know, the problem was Link warping right onto the item.

For anyone who reads this, you can't have Link appear on the item, because the enemy won't appear till after you pick it up. He has to walk onto it.

Shoelace
05-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Yep! Like I said on chat, the reason why is because if you appear on the killallenemies item it won't kill the "trigger" because he won't appear until after since all of the enemies do that "smoke thing" before appearing.