PDA

View Full Version : King of Fighters 2003

Brasel
05-10-2005, 02:35 PM
I just bought King of Fighters 2002/2003 for my PS2. I hadn't really played the series before, the only taste of it I ever got was playing SVC:Chaos which I really liked. I had only really played as Ryu when I did.

I was missing out! KoF 2003 kicks ass! I was suprised. I actually think I like this better than Street Fighter, which was always my favorite fighting game behind Soul Calibur. My best character right now is Kim, but I haven't used everyone yet.

Anyone else played it?

MottZilla
05-11-2005, 01:58 AM
If it's anything like Kof 2002, 2001, or 2000, you should really try kof 98 and 99, as in my opinion they are both superior. I esspecially would recommend KoF Evolution on Dreamcast if you can get ahold of it, although it might be available for PC as well.

AlexMax
05-11-2005, 04:55 AM
I just bought King of Fighters 2002/2003 for my PS2. I hadn't really played the series before, the only taste of it I ever got was playing SVC:Chaos which I really liked. I had only really played as Ryu when I did.

Heh, SvC Chaos is one of the most broken SNK games ever, next to Samurai Spirits Zero. Which isn't saying much when you have superstar games like Capcom Fighting Evolution coming out from the opposing team, but still :rolleyes: .

I have lots of respect for King of Fighters in general, though. Mainly because SNK fighters in general are easier to play on modern console with their four button layout than Capcom's six buttons, and the SNK fighters I do play (Last Blade 2, Samurai Spirits 2) look amazing for their time period.

And they're still coming out with them. Though I have heard terrible things about KoF: Maximum Inpact, KoF: Atomwave is supposed to be pretty rad.

Blonde799
05-14-2005, 08:58 AM
KOF:Maximum Impact was a great game, it's just that it needed a little improvement in the stylish arts system and such.

And KOF 02/03 is MUCH better than the previous KOF pack. But not by very much. At least the blood isn't needlessly censored like the last 2 games.