PDA

View Full Version : Problem Running Custom Maps

Nintendo_Rocks
05-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I have a problem when I try to run a downloaded map. I followed the custom map loading thing, but when I try to play, it freezes when I take 1/2 of a step. I was wondering what I had to do to fix this. :scared:

Rakki
05-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I don't get what you mean by you're trying to RUN a downloaded map. Do you mean you downloaded a QUEST and you're trying to play it, and it keeps freezing?

Nintendo_Rocks
05-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I don't get what you mean by you're trying to RUN a downloaded map. Do you mean you downloaded a QUEST and you're trying to play it, and it keeps freezing?Sorry. I mean that I downloaded a quest and it freezes when I take the first step. A 'Bleep Bluip!' sound is heard, and the music continues playing.

Rakki
05-09-2005, 11:19 PM
The quest you're trying to play is probably too old. You need to download an older version of ZC to play it. Yes, I know, it's inconvinent, but I think they said they had this fixed in the betas of 2.10 they're still working on, so we won't have to do this anymore when version 2.xx comes out.

Trifan
05-09-2005, 11:23 PM
help!!! me i made a tural quest but i can't play it i have do idea how to set it up

Nintendo_Rocks
05-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks, Rakki! I downloaded a different quest and it works just fine! Now when that happens, I'll know to delete the map.

Rakki
05-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, you can still play it, just, you gotta get an older ZC version and put it somewhere other than where 2.10 is. There's quite a few good quests that can only be played on like, 1.90 or 1.92 right now, because of the 2.10 bug with old quests, which you might want to check out. Course I guess you could also just wait for the next release to play them as well, lol. Anyway...

Trifan, take a look at this (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=82947).