PDA

View Full Version : my first game announcement

zeldafannick
05-09-2005, 09:46 PM
yup im new and am currently working on my first game.
MAJOR EDIT:this will save MAJOR TIME.to make a long story short,im working on my first game and i need beta testers EVENTUALLY.if you are interested,then please post saying so.

SoStaci
05-09-2005, 10:06 PM
I'll help if you explain to me this beta testing....

Rakki
05-09-2005, 11:15 PM
He means he just wants people to test out his quest before he puts it up for grabs for everyone. At least, that's what most people mean by "beta" testing.

By the way, zeldafannick, are you not using a Pure tileset because you're going to be using custom tiles and you can't draw very well, or because you don't know how to import a tileset?

SoStaci
05-10-2005, 06:18 AM
oh, sure...just let me know.

zeldafannick
05-11-2005, 06:19 PM
1.yes that is what i mean by beta testing
2.to answer your question rakki....
first of all...i have NO FREAKING CLUE how to make a dungeon or dungeon template with the pure tileset.If you can help me with that,then that would be GREATLY appreciated.

also,a little more clarification on the testing...if you want to beta test LATER NOT RIGHT NOW,then please say so,like SoStaci did.at a later time,i will contact you with a link to where you can download the quest file.

Love For Fire
05-11-2005, 06:55 PM
I am also making my first game using the pure tileset... what I did to make a dungeon template, what a drew screen 83 on my dungeon map and placed the original objects in their locations. (The walls and where the doors are in the middle of the screen). However, if you're using freeform dungeons, it is much easier to draw the dungeon walls yourself.

I'll also test for you when you're ready... if you want, download my demo and see how I made my game so far, I'm using Pure, but not freeform dungeons. I could use another tester as well.

zeldafannick
05-13-2005, 10:49 PM
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
ok,i finally figured out how to use the tileset and make the dungeons,so i am debating wether or not i should use the pureset.why debate about using the most *** kicking tileset in the world?you might ask.well,i have ALREADY STARTED ON MY FIRST QUEST with the original tileset,so...ack,just ***** it.im using the pure tileset now.end of story.bye-bye.see you later.(sound familiar?)

zeldafannick
05-16-2005, 06:51 PM
please don't count this as double posting because it has been 48 hours since i last posted.

ANNOUNCEMENT:I have figured out how to make templates and stuff,so things are moving quickly now.I should be able to release a demo fairly soon.I hereby KILL THIS THREAD,so all info will be in my signature from NOW ON.

zeldafannick
05-16-2005, 06:51 PM
please don't count this as double posting because it has been 48 hours since i last posted.

ANNOUNCEMENT:I have figured out how to make templates and stuff,so things are moving quickly now.I should be able to release a demo fairly soon.I hereby KILL THIS THREAD,so all info will be in my signature from NOW ON.