PDA

View Full Version : Hi, need help

Snipe104
05-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi, I'm new here. Since I am having trouble with ZC, I thought I'd ask here. I'm making a dungon and trying to make a room where the old guy gives advice. I can't get it to work. Also, I try to make shutters that stay close and only open when you defeat the enemies, but I can't do that either.

Jigglysaint
05-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the boards! Have you checked out the Zelda Classic boards yet?

Anyway, to make a guy give advice on the overworld, first you set the string you want him to use. You can set the room type, but it's not needed for just a talking person. Second, select the type of guy you want. Third, if the d-map is an overworld type, then you will see him when you enter a cave, but if it's a dungeon or cave, he will be on the screen already.

To make shutters stay shut untill all the enemies, you don't need to exactly. If you can't get it to work, my guess is that the dungeon map type you are using is not set to dungeon, which is the only place doors work. If it is a dungeon, you go to the tools section in zquest and select doors, and select what type of doors to place. Shutters when placed like this will open when all the enemeies are gone. I hope this answers some questions. If you have any more, you can always post in the Zquest editor help board.

AtmaWeapon
05-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Just like chutes and ladders, this thread is now a magical redirect that leads you to the correct forum! I am a kind and wonderful wizard :)

Snipe104
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the moving this to the right section :)

Well, I never had any problem with geeting the guy on the overworld. I still can't get the shutter or the guy to work. The dmap is set to dungeon. For the guy, I selected the guy and the string and he refuses to appear.

For the shutter,it is still set to dungeon, and there are enemies in the room, and shutters are placed.

Snipe104
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the moving this to the right section :)

Well, I never had any problem with geeting the guy on the overworld. I still can't get the shutter or the guy to work. The dmap is set to dungeon. For the guy, I selected the guy and the string and he refuses to appear.

For the shutter,it is still set to dungeon, and there are enemies in the room, and shutters are placed.

Zelda Master
05-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Is the level number ABOVE 0?

Zelda Master
05-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Is the level number ABOVE 0?

Snipe104
05-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Heh, now it is. Thanks. It works now.

*Smacks head for being an idiot*

Snipe104
05-15-2005, 05:11 PM