PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!1

zeldafannick
05-09-2005, 09:05 PM
i have a few questions:
1.how do i choose the starting screen?(the screen link starts on when you play for the very first time)
2.Is there any way to have more than one item per room?
I think I have another question or two.........nope i lost it.if i remember it,i will post it here.

EDIT:i remembered some!
3.can there be more than one triforce in a SINGLE game?

Rakki
05-09-2005, 11:10 PM
1 - Edit Dmap 0, by default, and set the continue coordinates to the screen you want Link to start on.
2 - Sort of. You can have an item IN the room using "Data -> Item" and setting it to what you want, then pressing Page up/Down till the box at the bottom of the ZQuest screen changes to show a box with a rupee on it, another with a staircase on it, two with warps, blue and green, on them, and some other box, then clicking the square with the rupee on it and placing it somewhere in the room to decide where the item will show up, and then you can place another item "underneath" the room, using the "Data - > Room Type" and setting it to special room, then setting the "Special Item" which appears below the Room Type line to whatever you want under the room, then you can set up a tile warp to take you to an item room, assuming you know how to do that. You can also have a room type as a rupee room and it'll make a few rupees appear in the room. Another way to do two items in a room is to have a regular item(mentioned above) and a treasure chest set up in the same room. To set up a treasure chest, you just set the room type to Special Room, choose the Special Item you want in the room, and then place an Armos -> Item flag(number 10) on a chest which has a slash combo. It recognizes the chest as an "Armos", so when it's off of the item, it'll appear(and by off of I mean, you slashed the chest and it changed combos).

3 - No.

zeldafannick
05-10-2005, 06:42 PM
thanks rakki.i thought of more questions though...
4.how do you change the link sprites?I am extremely confused about this because when i go to edit his sprites through quest->graphics->link and i click on the particular sprite,it shows an odd icon with lots of stuff on it.
5.can i move CERTAIN TILES ONLY to a different quest?

Rakki
05-10-2005, 07:23 PM
4 - You can change which tiles are used for Link's movement, but I don't think anyone knows how to set it up so it uses tiles other than the ones it's already on, so it's probably better just to edit the existing ones, which are on tile pages 0 and 2. I'm going to mark which tile numbers are for which of Link's movements, some time, and hopefully write something up on how to actually change them, if I can figure it out.

5 - Hmmm... I don't know of any way to do that, but if there is a way, you probably can't do it on 2.10 anyway, because exporting is broken.