PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from v1.92beta183 to v2.10

Èxshan
05-07-2005, 01:55 PM
I found so many problems when upgrading to 1.92beta183 (hopefully I don't type it wrong) to v2.10. That's not only the ZC itself, but also the ZCQuest Editor.

I wrote my first quest in about 2002 or 2003 when it's still 1.92, one third finished and then left it. Now, I own 2.10 and found that there are so many new features added, so I decided to continue my quest. But that's when the problems started to pop out.

First, some tiles are just messed up. What before is water now changed into something weird. Dungeons are the worst; they messed up because the screen 82 and 83 messed up too, so I must redraw those screens properly and redraw all floors in dungeons (fortunately I only made 3 level so far).

Second and the most annoying, the enemy database seems to change. So, when I enter a room where it supposed to be Lanmolas in 1.92, now Digdogger Kids appear instead in 2.10. Worst, Patras appear in some areas where Link is still weak (I believe The Longest Journey got this problem since I entered a secret area in Lv 4 and encountered 4 Patras: one Oval, two normal Patras, and 1 Patra 3! Min ver is 1.92 while I play it on 2.10).

This can be annoying when you want to play quests which were made under 1.92 in 2.10; that can lead the quests unplayable in 2.10 and you must downgrade to 1.92 (and maybe lower) or have both ZC 1.92 and 2.10. That's not practical at all I think.

So, can you fix these bugs? I think new versions just add new features and fix some known bugs, not add more bugs into it.

Anyone can help to overcome these problems? Thanks.

Rakki
05-07-2005, 05:22 PM
So, can you fix these bugs? I think new versions just add new features and fix some known bugs, not add more bugs into it.
Well it's not like they intended for any bugs at all to show up. It's a side effect of adding new features that just has to be dealt with after the new features are in.

Anyway, I haven't heard of enemies changing when playing 1.92 quests on 2.10, but if you're getting that problem... The best thing you can do right now is just have both versions 1.92 and 2.10. There are just too many bugs in 2.10 currently that it's better to play quests that aren't version 2.10 in older versions of ZC.

Espo
05-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I've encountered something strange. I'm noticing that side warps are using the absolute coordinates of the warp-to "map" instead of the relative coordinates dictated by the "dmap" (quotes used to note the distinction). I've only seen it done on side warps (not tile warps). So my quest that I've been spending that last 3 maybe years (yeah I'm that pathetic) making has say a side warp to screen 47 on map 1 and I've offset the dmap by 4 places. So using the older version I had the warp set to screen 43 on map 1 and it had been tested and works. When actually playing this portion of the quest with the new player it take me 4 screens to the left. I fixed this by specifying absolute coordinates for the map. Also I don't know if this is a function of the player or the quest editor as I opened the quest in the editor before opening in the player. I suppose the result is that I have a whole bunch of side warps to reroute.