PDA

View Full Version : Explorer is fucking with my shit. =(

Masamune
05-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Alright, for those of you who play RO, you know getting those setup files are pain in the ass. That's why I stored them on my mp3 player for when I wasn't using them. Well, last night I decided I wanted to play RO again. So I went to my mp3 player explorer (it's windows explorer but with mp3 stuff) and went to drag the files over to D:\. I notice the files aren't in there while copying. But space in C:\ is decreasing, which leads me to believe they're being copied somewhere in C:\. But when it's done copying, they still aren't in D:\ and C:\ goes back to it's original size as if nothing happened. And the finder thing can't find the files at all. So I figure 'fuck it'. I'll just download them again. Since I need a korean proxy to download them, I went into IE to dl them, so I could use FF in the meantime. But it did the same thing while downloading. It all downloads somewhere in C:\ and disapears. Then I tried dling them in FF (no problem) but they're corrupt and I just need teh ones from my mp3 player. And since IE and explorer are the same fucking thing, I think my explorer is broke. =*( Anyone know wtf is going on?

Yes I restarted my computer, got rid of internet temp files etc etc...

AtmaWeapon
05-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Wait, so you are using a third party file manager rather than the built-in Windows file manager? I'd look for updates to the file manager. It seems you have found a bug in it.

Masamune
05-07-2005, 02:09 PM
No, I'm using the windows explorer file manager. That thing can manage files and music on my mp3 player as well. But both IE and explorer are trying to put my files in some super secret spot on C:\ instead of D:\.

Starkist
05-07-2005, 03:55 PM
If you know the filename all you have to do is search for it.

Masamune
05-07-2005, 03:56 PM
If you know the filename all you have to do is search for it.

Search can't find it. =\

Jigglysaint
05-07-2005, 04:06 PM
So Dora the Explorer is "bleeping with your bleep"?

Next time use a condom.

Starkist
05-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Do a search for any file modified in the last few hours, or whenever you downloaded it. Search every temp folder, and the My Documents folder. Check your settings of whatever you are using to download it (IE?) and make sure it's not set to download to a specific location. (Not sure if IE does this, but FireFox always downloads to the desktop on my computer.) Finally, make sure you're specifying a location when you download. If you click "Run" or "Open" it will save it to a temp folder.