PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

Spudnickator
05-07-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm makin a quest and i don't want to have to put Tri-Force in it. So iv'e changed everything. Theres no hint of Tri-force in it. Besides that when you press Start and bring the menu up, it still says Tri-Force under the box of where the Tri-Force used to be. Is there a way of changing that?

Legend789
05-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Not that I know of. If you look at Evil Castle, the author was never able to fix it, or just didn't.

Rakki
05-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Haha! I figured it out. I knew it was possible, somehow, because there's no "TRIFORCE" text on the Dance of Rememberance demo over at Pure ZC. Okay, so what you have to do is open your quest in Zquest, and go to "Quest -> Graphics -> Palletes -> Main" to edit the main pallete. You have to copy the color underneath E over to number 7 in Cset 5. This probably sounds complicated, so let me make it easier. Go down next to the 5 on the left side of the window, and click any color in that row, then click the Edit button at the bottom. Copy the second to last color in the Cset by clicking the second to last square in the bottom box and pressing c. Then click the 8th square from the LEFT in that bottom box and press V. The 8th square and the second to last square should be the same color. Now click OK, Done, and then save and quit. When you open your quest in ZC, the Triforce text should be the same color as the background of the subscreen, so you can't see it. The only down side to doing this is it makes "Inventory" and "-Life-" invisible too, but I don't think those override getting the Triforce out of the story.

Dart Zaidyer
05-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Alternatively, you could use a "Cave" type DMap instead of an Overworld type. That way, you'll never even see the Triforce window.

Sephiroth
05-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Alternatively, you could use a "Cave" type DMap instead of an Overworld type. That way, you'll never even see the Triforce window.
That's true, In my quest, I have it set up where you can view the screens that you visited on the overworld just by opening up the subscreen. I've made the only time you can see the triforce screen in the subscreen is when you are standing on an overworld triforce mark. :p Just by using cave dmaps and then the triforce marks warp you to a overworld type map. :)

Spudnickator
05-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Rakkie, iv'e done wat u said to do, but the Text in the menue is still red! Any ideas why thats happening? Oh and the Cave idea is good, but i'd still like to show how many of the things i have (things will be named at a later date)

Rakki
05-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I can help, again. I realized that only works for the Pure tileset because of the way the palletes are set up for that. What you need to do to fix this in ANY quest, with any tiles, is go to "Quest -> Graphics -> Misc Colors" and make sure "Caption" on the first page and "Subscreen Background" on the third page have the same number next to them, so they'll use the same color on the grid. Assuming you're using the original graphics, try setting Caption to 00, see if that fixes it.

Spudnickator
05-10-2005, 12:17 PM
ok, now it's working, thanks Rakki!