PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of Lolo/Eggerland

The Ion Extreme
05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
This is probably my favorite series of all time. It's a really great puzzle game that is really hard. Has anyone else played it and which ones have you played.

I;m working on "Eggerland - Revival of the Labyrinth" and the Japanese "Adventures of Lolo"

I have the cart of:
Adventures of Lolo 1-3 for NES
Adventures of Lolo 1-2 for the Famicom
A non-working version of Eggerland for FDS :(

Manny
05-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Lolo is freaking great. One of the most clever, mind-boggling games ever.
Lolo I wa tough
Lolo II was tougher
Lolo III was insane
By Level 3 in Lolo III, it's already as hard as the hardest levels in the first game. And it only gets harder. I only made it as far as the underwater castles in the 3rd one. I love how they incorporated bosses into it. No point, but it was fun none the less haha. great games
-manny

The Ion Extreme
05-07-2005, 11:35 AM
You should see the Japanese versions.
They are about 3x as hard as the American versions ;)
Supposedly it gets to a point where you use Don Medusae to block regular Medusae... :scared:

vegeta1215
05-07-2005, 12:13 PM
I remember playing the Lolo games. I wasn't too good at them, but they were fun. I'd probably do a lot better today if I tried. I remember those little potato-bug like creatures that rolled around, I called them "rolly pollys". When they got released from their caged in area and started chasing you, that freaked me out.

noi_max
05-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Indeed this is a great game series.

Someday you may see a new version.. with a map editor. Someday.

;)

Cloral
05-13-2005, 05:44 PM
I played and finished the 3 for the NES. I went back and played them again maybe a year ago, and was surprised at how easy the first one was. The second was slightly harder and had a few tough rooms late but all in all wasn't too hard either. For some reason the last room kept giving me trouble as I didn't think for the longest time to put the leeper to sleep to the right of the lower medusa.

I found the third one significantly more difficult than the first 2. And of course the fact that it had over twice as many rooms as the first two helped that cause. The room that gave me the most trouble was in level 15 I think. It's hard to describe, but it had lots of water and medusas, and you started off in a little section in the upper right corner of the room. I had to try that level so many times before I finally got it. But I finished the whole thing without ever using a guide, so I felt pretty good about that.

I always hated getting shot by the medusae. It always startled the fuck out of me. I'm sure those of you who have played the games know what I'm talking about.

Dark Knight
05-14-2005, 03:58 PM
I know all too well. -_-

I have never played the first two, but I do know that it took me forever to complete the third one.There are not many puzzle games that are fun and difficult at the same time.

DarkFlameWolf
05-14-2005, 04:28 PM
which is probably why there are so many fan-made lolo games out there.