PDA

View Full Version : Question - Voices?

Darth Marsden
05-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Okay, I've had a quick look and I couldn't see anyone asking this before, so here goes.

Is it possible, through the magic of code monkeys, pixies and whatnot, to get voices to go along with text? So, for example, when you talk to a villager, rather then just get the text you also trigger a sound file with the text being spoken aloud.

If not, then is it possible for a different 'Hey!' sound sound to be played when you talk to different people - as in things like Wind Waker and Minish Cap?

Thanks in advance.

Dart Zaidyer
05-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Technically you could do it with Alt. Music, but it would be pretty jarring to have the music jump or restart just so somebody could say "hey!". It would have to be coordinated.

Darth Marsden
05-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Technically you could do it with Alt. Music, but it would be pretty jarring to have the music jump or restart just so somebody could say "hey!". It would have to be coordinated. Could you have full voices? Relevant for every different message? I don't suppose people would mind the music jarring if you did that.

Dart Zaidyer
05-05-2005, 04:54 PM
You sure could, but then nobody would download your quest because they just hate to spend time getting all the extra music files to go with it.

Dark Nation
05-06-2005, 09:17 AM
You could do it with the Alt Music DMap setting, as Dart Zaidyer mentioned, but you'd need to use a timed warp to prevent the void from repeating over and over. Doing this would also use up a DMap for each phrase spoken, so you'll have to either limit the number of phrases or the number of areas you want to explore.

ShadowTiger
05-06-2005, 10:53 AM
You sure could, but then nobody would download your quest because they just hate to spend time getting all the extra music files to go with it.
Nah, a lot of them are small, much like .SPC files. ^_^ I found quite a few handy voice files from Morrowind. You can put a surprising many of them into quests, if you work them right. o.o

Checkit.

The Morrowind Voice Files (http://www.freewebs.com/britannianhero4/)
(Sorry, TheFileBin seems to be down, and I only had it stored here. -_-