PDA

View Full Version : Random Messages In Dungeons And Overworld

Spudnickator
05-04-2005, 02:54 PM
How the hell do you get messages to appear in a dungeon or overworld without havin a guy? Or transportin to a cave? I've played some quests before, and ive seen this happen. Can someone help? :(

Rakki
05-04-2005, 03:14 PM
All of those screens still have guys, they're just invisible. You'll have to replace the tile of one of the people with a blank square, and then set the guy in the screen to be the one you have as the invisible tile. Do you see what I mean?

Edit: This should probably be in ZC Quest Editor help, if someone wants to move it.

VEL
05-04-2005, 04:08 PM
--Moved to ZC Quest Editor Help-- ;)

Sephiroth
05-04-2005, 09:42 PM
To do that, you can check the quest rule "No guy fires" and then use the guy "fire" as the guy that will speak to you. That will basically have the string come up when no one is talking to you. Useful if you have your own guy animations (Pure Tileset and a few others) and wish to use them instead.

Rakki
05-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Oh, I didn't know that would work as well. Either way you do it, you can also put a tile of a person, or a sprite, in the room to act as a guy who won't disappear when the message disappears. You can use that to make lots of different people who can talk as well.

Dart Zaidyer
05-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Don't forget you can also set an "intro string" when setting up a DMap. It will appear when Link first enters the map and disappear after the player is done reading it.

darkclaus8
05-05-2005, 12:27 AM
I know this may be a bad question.. but how do i change the graphics in zquest. im looking for agraphics like in link to the past?

Dart Zaidyer
05-05-2005, 09:26 AM
File>Import>Graphics pack. For A Link to the Past graphics, check PureZC.com for version 2.4 of the LttP graphics pack.

Spudnickator
05-05-2005, 11:29 AM
thanks for the help, will it work in dungeons though? i think ive tried b4 and it didnt work.

Spudnickator
05-05-2005, 11:32 AM
oh and, can u do that outside as well??

Rakki
05-05-2005, 02:29 PM
First off, try not to double post, it can make some people mad. If you've got something to add, edit your post and add it. And second, what are you asking if it'll work in dungeons/outside as well? Having no guy by using the no fires method, or using an intro string, or something else? Because both the no fires thing and the intro string will work inside and out.

Spudnickator
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
yeah but i try to put the guy outside (not in the guy screens) and then attach the string as normal, but when i play the game, the message doesn't appear! Also, in other quests, outside a guy was placed in a certain place. How do you do that??

Rakki
05-05-2005, 05:28 PM
You have the guy and the message set up in the room, and it isn't working? Did you change the room type to anything? Oh, and about that guy being placed in a different place, that's just a blank, solid combo with the guy's graphic as the tile. Otherwise known as a sprite. He should be placed on a layer, like layer 1 or 2, if you know how to use those.

Spudnickator
05-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Ok, i got the guys workin in the dungeon, but i still can't get it outside, unless you walk into a cave.