PDA

View Full Version : No Movement!

tnzelda
05-03-2005, 08:50 PM
OK. I fired up Zelda Classic, and whenever I selected the quest I had just unzipped, i started the game, as normal. But, whenever i appeared on the overworld, I couldn't move! I pressed the arrow keys, and the # keys, but none of them worked. I looked into the control options to see if they were assigned to other keys, but it said that they were assigned to the keys i was pushing. I even tried to rearrange the keys, then put them back where they were before, but that wouldn't work either. And, whenever i cannot move, i can still pull up the pause menu/subscreen. Also none of the enemies will injure me. Link just overlaps them as if they were moved to the back. I am sorta confused, and mad at the same time, because I cant play my game! Please help if you can.(ps. thanks everyone who helped me figure out how to get this program working and how to unzip files).

bob123
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
your probably using v 2.10 right. well try the quest on v 1.84 player and it should let ya move. it happened to me once to ;)

Dart Zaidyer
05-03-2005, 09:43 PM
It's possible that the quest you're playing has been designed for a much older version of Zelda Classic, like 1.90. When played on a newer version, strange things start to happen.
It sounds like you got attacked by a rogue Intro String. For some reason, the game will try to write a string even though it doesn't exist, freezing Link permanently as a result. You can try to restart the quest and see if you can luck out and not encounter the bug, but there will still be plenty of other bugs lurking around the corner.

Zelda Classic is supposed to be backwards compatible, but 1.90 quests just seem to glitch out all over the place in 1.92 and up. The best thing to do is play the quest in the version it was designed for until the next release, which will hopefully fix these problems.