PDA

View Full Version : BAH! I can't get these quests to work...

bokubokuzen
05-03-2005, 07:46 PM
I downloaded the Metroid XL-75 remake, and tried to get it working, but it isn't the .qst file like it should be. Now I can't play it. I just started using Zelda Classic, and I have no clue what to do . Help would be much appreciated.

Dart Zaidyer
05-03-2005, 07:48 PM
I sincerely hope you know what a zip is.
Zelda Classic can't read from zip files. You have to extract it yourself, then follow the directions in the sticky thread which tells you how to load a custom quest.

bokubokuzen
05-03-2005, 07:55 PM
EDIT: I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

Dart Zaidyer
05-03-2005, 08:06 PM
One of these days we may just have to make a little animation that gives you a visual walkthrough on how to load a custom quest. Then nobody will get confused!

Basically, you create a file and name it. Then you move the cursor to that file, and push A. At this point, it should slide up to the top and show you some statistics. Push A again to browse for a qst file. Once you've selected it, you can then push Start in order to play.

Note that you should check your controls so you know which key corresponds to which button on an NES controller.

Rakki
05-03-2005, 08:21 PM
If I can make a gif with a program I have, I'll take a whack at it some time. Heck, I'll even try animating opening a zip file as well, since people seem to get confused about that too(though I have no idea how...).

Dart Zaidyer
05-03-2005, 09:27 PM
I really don't think it's necessary to show people what a zip is. Most everyone knows, it's just that every once in a while we get a few kids who don't know the first thing about the internet.

Try including an illustration of an NES controller in the animation, Rakki. Make the buttons blink or something when pressed, so that it's perfectly clear what's going on while the screen is changing.

Rakki
05-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I'll see what I can do. It would have to be a little pixel NES controller though, or buttons rather, cause I don't have a digital camera or a scanner. :p