PDA

View Full Version : Lax

Orion
05-03-2005, 12:13 AM
So... Lacrosse. America's fastest growing sport. Anyone else into it? I recently started catching on to it when I met my g/f, who has played HS Lacrosse for two years now, and this year MN just got it's own pro team, the Swarm, and we had season tickets. Very fun to watch.

For a hockey fan, it was a nice way to pass the time while there was no pro hockey. While the two sports are very similar, they are also very different and I am finding that I like Lacrosse a lot more. I finally got my own equiptment and have been learning how to play.

So... discuss, ask, tell, etc.

Ganonator
05-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Not where i'm from! Not only do I have no idea wtf lacrosse is (it's a sport, yes), but it isn't even sponsored as a real activity in the western US. fun times had by all.

linkofzelda1
05-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Not only is my entire school into it, we have the best lax team in the state (Oregon, that is).

Almost all the guys at my school have tried out for it, including me. I'm only on JV though. It's the best sport ever. :D

And Ganonator, that's not true. It's a HUGE sport here in Oregon.

phattonez
05-03-2005, 01:09 AM
But what's in Oregon? No one cares about it in the bigger states, but I have seen it once on tv. It was as boring as hockey to me and I turned it off. (I did give it a chance though). It looks like it might be fun to play, but boring to watch for sure.

Drunken Tiger
05-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Well its not big at all in Australia, I played for a bit in hs and found it really fun..

I guess thats all i have to say.. nothing much else because that sport is pratcially non existant here ... :(

Ganonator
05-03-2005, 01:20 AM
And Ganonator, that's not true. It's a HUGE sport here in Oregon.Bah.. that's the Pacific Northwest. Also, California doesn't count either.

Master Ghaleon
05-03-2005, 01:37 AM
I played it in Highschool and played it well.

I was a goalie and got popped in the nuts couple times with the ball. This was gym class so I had no padding

Verman
05-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Its big here. Everyone likes lacrosse in canada hahaha!

I just enjoy how you can basically just openly rape someone and not get in trouble. Being allowed to cross check and all, much more violent sport then hockey ;)

Good stuff!

ShadowTiger
05-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Here in NY, the vast majority of Lacrosse players are girls. ... ... The boys are playing Badminton. :p

Lilith
05-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Lol, exlax.

theplustwo
05-03-2005, 12:01 PM
SO basically, Ganonator, you mean the greater Seattle area? And although I've never played La Crosse, there is definatly a city with the same name in my state! CRAZY!

Orion
05-03-2005, 05:11 PM
The reason behind that is Lacrosse was originally a Native American sport. Thus, it shares its name with the LaCrosse tribe (I assume you live in La Crosse, Wisconsin? Not too far from here)

Rainman
05-03-2005, 05:50 PM
My town never had it in the slightest. Heck, my football-hungry town hardly tolerated soccer.

Machiavelli
05-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Around my way(Brooklyn,NY) , there is no La crosse...at all. Only Basketball, football, baseball, soccer and Cricket* if your lucky.

*sport from the caribbean

mikeron
05-03-2005, 06:24 PM
*sport from the caribbeanIsn't Cricket from England? I'm sure the French language didn't originate in Haiti. Just sayin'.

Machiavelli
05-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Yes, cricket is from england, but they brought it to the caribbean when they owned shit there.