PDA

View Full Version : Favorite type of RPG Character?

Monica
05-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Well there are 2 other RPG-themed threads and so I came up with my own too. :) (Inspired by me playing Xenogears at the moment)

What's your favorite type of character to have in your party?
I don't mean class, really, I mean, I guess, personality or something... Like, for instance, my favorite type of character is a sweet, innocent, yet powerful girl. It's a bonus if she is the star of the game. Colette, Sophia, Yuna, Paula, Terra, and Celes (from what I've seen of the last two, haven't beaten FF6 yet...) come to mind. It's a shame but Xenogears doesn't seem to have anyone like them so far, there's Elly, but she seamed like a tough officer, not really the same...

Also I'm no PC RPGer so y'all can add yours in to since I dunno how PC RPGs work, have parties and stuff...

How about y'all?

ShadowTiger
05-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Okay. Let's see...

1) Shadow from FF6. Heroes for Hire are just so cool.

2) I second the long list of Flowery Femme Fatale's in your post, Monica. :) Very, very much. I loved Colette so much, and tracking her through out ToS was such a joy. And you surely remember all my FF6 Terra avatars. :p (Specifically, In Esper Form.) That just shook me to my very core, in a wonderful way.

3) Kratos and Lord Remiel from Tales of Symphonia. If you've played ToS 'til the end, then you know quite well what I mean. If you haven't, then you'll love it. You can't not.

Monica
05-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Okay. Let's see...

1) Shadow from FF6. Heroes for Hire are just so cool.

2) I second the long list of Flowery Femme Fatale's in your post, Monica. :) Very, very much. I loved Colette so much, and tracking her through out ToS was such a joy. And you surely remember all my FF6 Terra avatars. :p (Specifically, In Esper Form.) That just shook me to my very core, in a wonderful way.

3) Kratos and Lord Remiel from Tales of Symphonia. If you've played ToS 'til the end, then you know quite well what I mean. If you haven't, then you'll love it. You can't not.

Oh yes, I've beaten ToS, they were shocking, especially Lord Remiel. :)

Archibaldo
05-03-2005, 09:04 AM
I love the heros for hire too. People like Kratos from ToS and Savyna from Baten Kaitos. Also, I like people with huge egos, such as Zelos from ToS and Mizuti from Baten Kaitos.

Darth Marsden
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I like characters who have attitude, but not too much. EG: Cloud from FFVII. It also helps if they have a really good backstory, so you feel like you REALLY get to know them. I tend to enjoy hearing about the pain and suffering my character's gone through. Sadistic little man that I am. :P

Carcer
05-04-2005, 11:08 AM
I like characters like Sheena and Yuan in RPGs. Also Galician from SoA. Sheena as she seems like more of a person than most other characters you get in Role Playing Games... and maybe also because she acts almost exactly like a friend I have. Yuan, as I like Tactics in a game, and he seems certainly capable, and again, he is different from most other characters. Galician - you'd got to have an evil favourite type characters are good, as he is not over the top and all laughing like a maniac all the time.
But, I have to say that my favourite type of character fighting wise is the Supporter - Healing, Life, Stregnth Up, Quick Up, Defense up, etc. I don't know what I'd do without one.

Brasel
05-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Every RPG I've ever played, my favorite character was always a lead male. My favorite type would have to be the man who fights for the woman he loves....yeah, its cheesy and soft of me. Alex from Lunar, Maxim from Lufia 2, and my favorite, Squall from FFVIII.

Daarkseid
05-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Few characters in RPGs actually appeal to me, and usually they're of the villainous type or are anti-heros. Theres Golbez from FFIV(my avatar) and then Beatrix from FFIX.. Incidentally, those are my two favorite FF games.