PDA

View Full Version : Lanmola Question

Darth Pikachu
05-02-2005, 06:50 PM
When I place the lanmola on the screen as an enemy, it shows up in the wall. Is there a way to place the Lanmola so that it isn't in the wall?

Thanks.

Moblin84
05-02-2005, 07:03 PM
When I place the lanmola on the screen as an enemy, it shows up in the wall. Is there a way to place the Lanmola so that it isn't in the wall?

Thanks.Make sure the lanmola isn't set as side entry. the entry must be random

Darth Pikachu
05-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Not quite what I meant. That's already done. I'm using a freeform dungeon, and I used the enemy flags to try to enforce where the lanmolas show up. But they all seem to be in the same spot. Is there anything I can do?

Rakki
05-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Are you using multiple enemy flags to enforce where they show up? As in, one for each Lanmola? That should work, though I haven't messed with Lanmolas in a freeform dungeon, yet.

Darth Pikachu
05-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Just tried putting in enemy flags for all four. Still didn't work. Any other ideas?

ShadowTiger
05-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh. I think Lanmolas (Of both varieties) both show up in exactly the same spot regardless of what you do. =/ ... Let me guess, they're showing up roughly in the left central screen?

Cloral
05-03-2005, 12:47 PM
BH4 has it exactly right. Lanmolas are one of a few enemies (Aquamentus and Gleeock are others) that always show up in a certain sport regardless of what you tell them. Unfortunately the only way to deal with this is to ensure that the spot where they're going to spawn isn't in a wall or other obstruction.

Darth Pikachu
05-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok. I guess I'll just have to be more clever with my room construction. BTW, yes, they were getting trapped in the left side of the screen.

ShadowTiger
05-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh, bit of Design tip theory, ... if you place a little "hole" tile on any one side of where those Lanmolas will spawn, you can make it look kinda like they're emerging from the hole. That's just plain cool. :p