PDA

View Full Version : ZC got mentioned again.

Dart Zaidyer
05-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Word has it that Zelda Classic was given a really brief mention in EGM, at the end of their Zelda 2005 article.

For details, check out this thread at PureZC (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=11727&).

Unlike most media outlets that get tied up in the "Wow I'm totally making my own NES Zelda!!111" aspect, EGM apparently provided a screenshot of one of PolygonX8's awesomely done Metroid quests. At last, some enlightened publicity!

As with any such event, it has already caused an influx of newbies. If you are one of them, please refer to the various stickied threads for information and how to get started before posting your questions. This will go a long way towards your understanding of Zelda Classic. Oh, and to answer the question that will get asked anyway: Yes, Nintendo knows about ZC, and no, they don't care about fan projects (as long as it's non-profit) and aren't out to sue us or shut us down. Anything you may hear to the contrary about ANY Nintendo-related fan project is a hoax and always has been, in spite of gullible webhosts.

Congratulations to Phantom Menace and everyone else. While obviously not as big as the segment on The Screen Savers, it's still quite an achievement to have your project plugged by the media!

vegeta1215
05-02-2005, 11:58 AM
I saw that too. I was pretty surprised to see it. The whole Zelda article was really good too. I really should stop reading about it though, cause I still want to be surprised.

Shoelace
05-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Well, I posted all of my comments about it at PureZC but anyways, I think that even though it was a very small description, I think that it will bring a lot of newcomers because a lot of people read EGM. That means that we will get more questmakers! I can't wait to see what people can whip up.

CommandoYoshi
05-02-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm glad Zelda Classic got in a magazine. It will help build Zelda's Classic future, as well as more n00bs (he he). Its hard for me to get to read magazines because I'm in a small town. If I see the EGM copy, I'll be sure to read it!

AlexMax
05-03-2005, 09:55 AM
I demand scans of this page.

MottZilla
05-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Exactly AlexMax, does no one know how to scan a magizine page? ;p I'd scan it but I stopped getting EGM years ago.

The Ion Extreme
05-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Um, it's not really a magazine scan, but a picture of it.
Zelda Classic EGM Article (http://www.lyfeforce.net/ZeldaScan.PNG)
It did a double take when I saw it. :D

Ganonator
05-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I like how companies ask permission first. We could sue the shit out of them for that.

/me rolls his eyes considering the irony.

Eckels
05-03-2005, 07:40 PM
lol.

dude, we're totally getting sued.

Shoelace
05-05-2005, 04:09 AM
lol.
dude, we're totally getting sued.

I was thinking of that when I read the magazine. I was happy that Zelda Classic was mentioned but then I thought that now with this and Screensavers under our belt, it may grab unwanted attention from Nintendo. Since Nintendo knows we exist, if we get too popular, it is only a matter of time before they do something. Hopefully, I am wrong since my game is so to be released and I worked way to hard for it to all go away.

Dart Zaidyer
05-05-2005, 09:24 AM
And you didn't already think Nintendo knew about ZC when the world is full of apologetic fanboys and those guys who apparently have nothing better to do than destroy AGN?

The number of "OMG liek this game si copyright infringement%@#$^" reports they get a week must be noteworthy, especially after the Screensavers segment.

In fact, I wonder how many fake cease-and-desist orders Warlord gets a day...