PDA

View Full Version : Exporting/importing, team development

moogman
05-02-2005, 01:31 AM
I just discovered ZC today and am totally stoked to get working on custom quests. I went through the tutorials and have a good handle on building, but I am confused with importing and exporting.

I am using ZC2.10.

Myself and up to 2 other people will be working on a common quest, each of us designing and building different maps. Naturally, we each want to build our maps on our own time, then combine them all together into a single quest.

Here is my current problem:
With the example files included with ZC, when I try the File > Export > Map option it gives me an error, "Error saving filename.map"

Even with this error, it generates a .MAP file.

I then try to import by File > Import > Map > Total copy and it gives me an error, "Incomplete data" - which was almost expected given the export error.

Is my thinking correct that exporting a map of a quest can be imported into a completely different quest as an additional map?

If this theory is correct, what is the best way to go about doing this?

Here's my goal, working with developers Larry, Moe, and Curly.
--------

Moe makes a quest file and works on creating the overworld.
Larry makes a quest file and works on the dungeons.
Curly makes a quest file and works on final dungeon.

Larry exports his dungeon as a 'Larry.MAP' and sends it to Moe
Curly exports his dungeon as 'Curly.MAP' and sends it to Moe.

Moe, imports both Larry.MAP and Curly.Map files into his quest file as map #2 and #3. He saves his quest and is ready to play as a complete game.
--------

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to Armageddon for a great product that makes game building fun and easy.

Cheers,
~Moogman

Dart Zaidyer
05-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Unfortunately, map exporting is broken in version 2.10. This will be fixed in the next version.