PDA

View Full Version : Group quest

Dogchew9
05-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Would anyone would be interested in doing a group quest with me? The possitions open are:

Tile maker: I need all the tiles I can get.

Music finder: I need someone to make/find music for my quest

Beta tester: I need somone to Beta test my quest

I can have a maximum of 5 people for each job. Post here to join!

Sephiroth
05-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Would anyone would be interested in doing a group quest with me? The possitions open are:

Tile maker: I need all the tiles I can get.

Music finder: I need someone to make/find music for my quest

Beta tester: I need somone to Beta test my quest

I can have a maximum of 5 people for each job. Post here to join!
I'd beta for you, but not the other two since I've got other things on hand right now. (own quest)

boram_c
05-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Music? Depends on what theme you had in mind. I know where to get MIDIs from the game Descent if you were interested in something with techno music.

Dart Zaidyer
05-02-2005, 02:20 AM
It's probably not a very wise idea to delegate the choice of music. Try it yourself.

Good places to start for midi music would be vgmusic.com for all your video game music needs, and PureZC also has a collection of original pieces.
If you want to use OGG or MP3 music I recommend visiting OCremix.org for some of the best videogame-related remixes out there.
And if you want to use SPC music, you can check the archives on zophar.net or alpha-ii.com.

bob123
05-02-2005, 02:46 PM
id be happy to beta test if you like. and i might be able to make some tiles for ya too :)

Dogchew9
05-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Alright. Here is our standings so far.

Test:bob123, snort2000(might also let him help make the quest because hes good at it.)

Tiles:bob123 (can I get some tiles for a, lets say, volcano interior, in the pure set?)

Sephiroth
05-03-2005, 01:00 AM

Test:bob123, snort2000(might also let him help make the quest because hes good at it.)

Tiles:bob123 (can I get some tiles for a, lets say, volcano interior, in the pure set?)
No make. Just test please. :)

phattonez
05-03-2005, 01:04 AM
I'll look for some music, and I could help you with the quest, since I don't have the endurance to do a whole one myself. I'll also beta test it once its done.

Dogchew9
05-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Alright, well snort and phattonez will beta test

bob123
05-03-2005, 09:00 PM

sure but it will probably take a while ;)

boram_c
05-04-2005, 02:17 AM
It's probably not a very wise idea to delegate the choice of music. Try it yourself.

Good places to start for midi music would be vgmusic.com for all your video game music needs, and PureZC also has a collection of original pieces.
If you want to use OGG or MP3 music I recommend visiting OCremix.org for some of the best videogame-related remixes out there.
And if you want to use SPC music, you can check the archives on zophar.net or alpha-ii.com.
I browsed in www.vgmusic.com and found many MIDIs. If I could recommend one song, it is "Highwind Takes to the Skies" from Final Fantasy VII. Given its title and the action you use when this plays during gameplay, I suggest that, if you use this, it would work nice for a high altitude scenery. Just make sure to set the repeat time so that the end of the music transitions well with the next part; listen to it well and determine where to begin the repeat.

I will continue to browse and post other suggestions.

Sephiroth
05-04-2005, 07:05 AM
I browsed in www.vgmusic.com and found many MIDIs. If I could recommend one song, it is "Highwind Takes to the Skies" from Final Fantasy VII. Given its title and the action you use when this plays during gameplay, I suggest that, if you use this, it would work nice for a high altitude scenery. Just make sure to set the repeat time so that the end of the music transitions well with the next part; listen to it well and determine where to begin the repeat.

I will continue to browse and post other suggestions.
I'm really good at setting loops in MIDIs for some reason. O_o XD

Dogchew9
05-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Well, turns out I'm making this in the normal LOZ tileset, but I'm making a TON of new tiles for it. Bob I'm gonna do the tiles cause I'm good at 8 Bit spriting but you can still beta

spboy
05-05-2005, 05:49 PM
could i beta test?

Spudnickator
05-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Id like to Beta test, but im makin my own up, so i'll be a bit busy! Thanks:)
By the way, whats your quest about?