PDA

View Full Version : Contacts or Glasses?

Deviance
05-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Ok would you go with Contacts or Glasses.

See I go with glasses because you can mess up when you put your contacts in. Then the downside of glasses for me is because they steam up.

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2005, 08:00 PM
If I had to wear either, I would go with contacts

Drunken Tiger
05-01-2005, 08:28 PM
I wear contacts, simply because theyre more comfortable. But i find hta ti cannot use the computer for extended periods of time, so it gets a bit frustrating when im at uni trying to do work..But other than that.. there are no downsides..:)

If you somehow manage to break your contacts, you can just open up another pair! :)

Its great! :thumbsup:

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I wear glasses because i'm not ashamed too. It always seems to me that people that wear contacts are just afraid of looking like nerds.

Ganon's Minion
05-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I currently have glasses. I don't wear them all the time though, as I much prefer having none on; I wear them when I need to see things at a distance. Eventually, I will likely end up with contacts, though.

Lilith
05-01-2005, 09:06 PM
I wear contacts. When I wear glasses I get a headache because the lenses are so far away from my eyes, it feels weird and strains them.

Drunken Tiger
05-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I wear glasses because i'm not ashamed too. It always seems to me that people that wear contacts are just afraid of looking like nerds.

Im not ashamed of my glasses..Heck, without them consider me blind.. I think my prescription is -6.00 in both eyes.. I mean, contacts are just for my own piece of mind.. I obviously feel much safer with contacts in when im playing sports, as there is no chance of someone swiping my glasses off my face and then crushing them.. I simply find contacts more comfortable than glasses..

Another thing is that a tiniest speck of dust on my glasses annoy the hell outta me, so youll see me taking my glasses on every 5 mins to wipe them.. In the end it just all comes down to comfort and convinience..:shrug:

moocow
05-01-2005, 11:21 PM
I actually used to wear glasses (and probably still should) but I stopped. I don't look bad in glasses, I just didn't want to wear them anymore. Too much of a hassle.

But, I'd pick glasses over contacts, because, I could see myself totally poking an eyeball out if I wore contacts.

Glitch
05-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Contacts. I used to wear them but just kinda stopped.

VEL
05-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I pretty much only wear glasses when I drive right now. I don't think I would like using contacts.

Drunken Tiger
05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Its not as bad as people think.. Theyre actaully quite comfortable...

Off-topic, love the new stars for those members who have been here for 5yrs! they look awesome!

Sephiroth
05-02-2005, 12:50 AM
I wear glasses. :) and they are light. XD

Cloral
05-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Tried contacts, but for my vision correction I had to wear those stupid weighted contacts and they just irritated my eyes too much over longer periods of time.

ShadowTiger
05-02-2005, 09:26 AM
I wear glasses, but only for seeing long distances, which is rare, and for reading blackboards and movie screens. I usually forget to wear them when I go to see a movie, so scratch that last one out anyway. XD

I'd LOVE to wear contacts though, specifically for the crazier ones. I've been looking at the red-eye lenses (The whole lens, not just the iris.) as well as gold ones, and perhaps some cat-eye lenses. I wear sunglasses often anyway, so nobody would know. It'd be a good reason to keep them on, actually.

carrot red
05-02-2005, 02:48 PM
I have a 20/20 vision, but I know my sister never wanted to wear glasses. She wore contacts until she became allergic to one thing or the other and had a Lasik eye surgery. I remember they seemed to be very easy to put on.

Artex
05-02-2005, 03:34 PM
I wear glasses, when I can find them.....and unless I were in a situation where they would constantly fog over, I'd continue to wear them.

My mom's implanted this crazy idea into my head....that if I were to wear contacts, they'd slip into the back of my eyes, and cut them off from the inside. Or that somebody would wind up punching me in the eye and it would shadder and make me go blind. o.O BUT....I think that's just her way of saying, "We don't have the money."

Ganonator
05-02-2005, 03:47 PM
near point: 7"
far point: 10"

yea, contacts

firebug
05-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I wear both. Contacts most of the time because they don't break, they don't fog up or get dirty, and I don't have this ring of blindness around my peripheral vision. I put my glasses on when I'm too lazy to poke myself in the eyes.

Artex - Tell your mom that almost all contacts nowadays are:
a) soft lenses, and therefore cannot 'cut your eyes off from the inside', or shatter and make you go blind. They are like soft pieces of plastic.
b) hundreds of dollars cheaper than glasses. Get the biweekly kind, and you can use them for well over a month a pair. Just DON'T leave them in while you sleep.

Artex
05-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Heh...you don't know my mom. : (