PDA

View Full Version : How gullible are you?

carrot red
05-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Save Toby? (http://savetoby.com/) Not really.

For the link clicking impaired:

Toby is the cutest little bunny on the planet. Unfortunately, he will DIE on June 30th, 2005 if you don't help. I rescued him several months ago. I found him under my porch, soaking wet, injured from what appeared to be an attack from an alley cat. I took him in, thinking he had no chance to live from his injuries, but miraculously, he recovered. I have since spent several months nursing him to health. Toby is a fighter, that’s for sure.

Unfortunately, on June 30th, 2005, Toby will die. I am going to eat him. I am going to take Toby to a butcher to have him slaughter this cute bunny. I will then prepare Toby for a midsummer feast. I have several recipes under consideration, which can be seen, with some pretty graphic images, under the recipe section.

I don’t want to eat Toby, he is my friend, and he has always been the most loving, adorable pet. However, God as my witness, I will devour this little guy unless I receive 50,000$ USD into my account from donations or purchase of merchandise. You can help this poor, helpless bunny’s cause by making donations through my verified PayPal account by clicking on any of the Donate buttons on this site, or by purchasing merchandise at the Savetoby.com online store.

How likely are you to fall for obvious and not so obvious scams? Do you have a suspicious mind? Do you give people the benefit of the doubt?

How likely are you for example to believe that a person who, a week or so ago, didn’t know what 34B meant, (and when informed, decided it was *very large*,) could really be a female person *of sorts* or even, which is far more unlikely, a mature person?

Deviance
05-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Ahahah that was just funny reading it. I know some people that would fall for it. That is a funny ass scam.

Carcer
05-01-2005, 03:24 PM
I've seen that before, and I honestly think that it is perhaps one of the most sly ways of getting money, ever. I considered doing it myself, but found myself rabbit-less. The only thing I have is a goldfish. Not only that, but I think it's rather cruel.
In this case, I am not overly gullible, but, when told that my cousin had spraypainted the word on the ceiling, I looked up. I fell for the dictionary one, too.
I think that you'd have to be very, very gullible to fall for this site - though, I suppose if you are an animal lover, then you'd donate to spare the rabbit's life.
I highly doubt that he'd actually eat it though, but there is always that little thought -what if...?

firebug
05-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I've eaten rabbit before. Not too bad, a little gamey. I think the guy's a genius. He deserves all the money he's able to squeeze out of the idiotic masses.

And if he doesn't get the 50 grand, he damn well better eat that rabbit.

zoraking
05-01-2005, 04:56 PM
June 30th is my birthday

I am pretty gullible, but I'm not that gullible. If someone wants to eat a nasty rabbit they found under their porch, fine, may they have all the AIDS they want.

Jigglysaint
05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
June 30th is my birthday

I am pretty gullible, but I'm not that gullible. If someone wants to eat a nasty rabbit they found under their porch, fine, may they have all the AIDS they want.

How does one get AIDS from rabbits? Wait, I better not ask....

Archibaldo
05-01-2005, 05:38 PM
How do we know he hasn't killed Tobey already?

It's a pretty good scam. I think he's up to like $20,000 or something.

zoraking
05-01-2005, 05:42 PM
How do we know he hasn't killed Tobey already?

How do we know he isn't going to kill him at all? How do we know he doesn't even have a rabbit? Maybe these question will forever be left unsolved.

Rainman
05-01-2005, 06:04 PM
I have been gullible in the past. However, I'm becoming increasingly jaded and suspicious as time goes on. By this rate, I'll be a crochety old man by the time I'm 25.

goKi
05-01-2005, 06:54 PM
I'd sooner eat a rabbit myself than give that asshole one cent.

Deviance
05-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Unfortonatly we have stupid people on the net. Take this one for example. Somebody bidded on french toast on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2461&item=5577180263&rd=1

Of course just like Attack of the show.
IT CAME FROM EBAY!

bigjoe
05-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Like Ma always said, theres no wrong way to cook a rabbit. Im gonna see if this guy will invite me over for dinner.

EWild
05-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Unfortonatly we have stupid people on the net. Take this one for example. Somebody bidded on french toast on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2461&item=5577180263&rd=1

Of course just like Attack of the show.
IT CAME FROM EBAY!

It's a glass sculpture of French toast on a tray. It's a bit bigger than a dime. That's hardcore.

Dechipher
05-01-2005, 09:25 PM
This guy deserves it if he can pull it off. I have a friend who bought 10 of those save toby buttons for like 20 bucks, and he's selling them to people, and then buying more and so on.

It's hardcore.

zoraking
05-01-2005, 09:55 PM
This thing is so outrageously stupid I've decided to add it to my signature.

My signature still sucks.

Pablo
05-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Rabbit's actually pretty tasty. I hope he eats Toby.

Beldaran
05-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I donated $50. I reallly hope that bastard doesn't eat his poor rabit. What a sicko.:(

DarkDragoonX
05-01-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm the least gullible person on the planet. My general reaction upon hearing or reading about anything, up to and including street signs, is "bullshit." So far this strategy has served me well, except when I'm trying to locate an address (1204 W. Manchester St.? Those lying bastards!).

*b*
05-02-2005, 01:15 AM
OH NO! that poor bunny. I'm going to buy some stuff to keep it alive! I love bunnies

now, I need to go FINISH A QUEST (ha ha. get it? too bad)

ShadowTiger
05-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Dunno what to say, really. To answer the question, "are you gullible," I can honestly answer yes. Do I hate April Fool's day? Yes. But do I spend money to save rabbits from being eaten by people when cows and other livestock are eaten all the time by potentially the same people? Unfortunately, no.

Artex
05-02-2005, 03:52 PM
heh.....I'm fairly gullible but I think anybody stupid enough to fall for it, or anybody that believes any bunny is worth 50,000$, deserves to lose well over that amount.

Glitch
05-02-2005, 03:55 PM
You know what? I'm proud of this guy. He found a way to earn tons of cash and not have to do a damn thing. He's not scamming anyone, they know their money is going to a lost cause. I actually heard about this same website on the radio this morning while driving to work.

Masamune
05-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Heh... Apparently his paypal account is unable to receive money. =(