PDA

View Full Version : Queens day (koninginnedag)

Eskyris
04-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Today we're celebrating Queens day in the Netherlands. We are celebrating the birthday of our queen, queen Beatrix, though her birthday is actually on the 30the of January. April the 30the is the birthday of the mother of our queen, but we kept celebrating Queens day on this date. We are also celebrating the fact that Beatrix has been our queen for 25 years now! I took some pictures today to show you how streets look during Queens day. The pictures are taken in the village Vierhouten, the village where I grew up.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Eskyris/koninginnedag2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Eskyris/Koninginnedag1.jpg

This is the house where I grew up, my mother still lives there.

zoraking
04-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Wow, I didn't even know the Netherlands had a queen (Stupid American). What kind of celebrations are they having today?

Eskyris
04-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Well, every year our queen celebrates her birthday in different towns and villages.
All kind of shows are performed to her and this year besides shows, children will sing to her. Every village and town celebrates queens day on there own way, with different activities and games all day.

carrot red
04-30-2005, 04:31 PM
When I think of the Netherlands, orange, tulips in May, riding a bike around Amsterdam and visiting Rembrandt museum are the first things that come to mind. You have a beautiful country I always wanted to visit.

She has a son who got married a couple of years ago, no?

Glitch
04-30-2005, 04:52 PM
When I think of the Netherlands, orange, tulips in May, riding a bike around Amsterdam and visiting Rembrandt museum are the first things that come to mind.

Awesome that almost just the same thing I think of! But it is riding around Amsterdam so stoned outta my mind I wreck into a hobo wearing a orange shirt and selling "Tulips on yo cock" to buy more drugs.

zoraking
04-30-2005, 04:54 PM
When I think of the Netherlands:

-People named Jon-Üve
-Caviar
-Nudists
-High Society

No place better!

carrot red
04-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Awesome that almost just the same thing I think of! But it is riding around Amsterdam so stoned outta my mind I wreck into a hobo wearing a orange shirt and selling "Tulips on yo cock" to buy more drugs.
:rofl:
You should have mentioned checking dem *girls* in the windows too.

elise
04-30-2005, 05:08 PM
carrot red The Queen has 3 sons that got maried over the last years but think you mean Alexander and Maxima

Nothing Zoraking mentioned rings a bell by me

zoraking
04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
carrot red The Queen has 3 sons that got maried over the last years but think you mean Alexander and Maxima

Nothing Zoraking mentioned rings a bell by me

Maybe that's Sweden... :weirdo:

Glitch
05-02-2005, 10:17 AM
:rofl:
You should have mentioned checking dem *girls* in the windows too.

zomg, I forgot about them. I wrecked cause I was too busy staring at them ;)

ShadowTiger
05-02-2005, 10:19 AM
I have a sudden urge to move to the Netherlands. ... ... The scary part is, I'm serious. >_<

Mr. Z is off from school because of this. We can expect much ZC goodness because of it. I am very happy for people who get vacations because of events like this. Enjoy it guys. :)

Eskyris
05-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Funny that no one has mentioned wooden shoes and mills as something what they think about when you say Netherlands. :D