PDA

View Full Version : The Official Convention 2005 Thread!

Master Ghaleon
04-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Alrighty, first off I need to know how many people will be able to come to the Convention.

JUNE 10 - 12

It will be held in Frederick, MD at a hotel. We got a whole hallway for us.

Heres the deal. EVERYONE IS INVITED that is a member of AGN.

There is going to be 10 Rooms

There is 2 beds per Room

Only 3 people at the most to a room. For example, Me and CK and goKi can share a room and split the costs, you cannot have 7 to a room and split the costs.

Costing will go as the following...

For the person that wants a room all to him/herself would be 75 dollars plus tax a night so the total would be 150 dollars plus tax

Two people or couples that just want a room to themselves would be the same amount, but one person could pay for one night and the other for the next to split the cost.

Three people that wanna share the room will hafta pay the same. It will also be cheaper for you since there be 3 people spliting the costs.

As if I didnt confuse you already :P

10 Rooms up for grabs well actually 9

Master Ghaleon and Cyberkitten will take room 1

at the end of this post, ill label rooms 1 - 10 and whom will take them, for people that dont mind sharing a room i will put thier names in random rooms.

Also everyone will be responible for food. We can all pitch in for pizza or all go out to dinner somewhere. Its all right in this city.

Drinking - It will be allowed at your own discretion. We will expect there be no problems period. If you get kicked outta the Hotel because of this, it will affect our image badly. Also If the staff wants to add something in there, possibly being banned or such. Go right ahead.

Directions to the place will come sometime next week. Any questions please ask me, you know where I am. or in this post.

Payment - When you show up you will be expected to pay to make it easier. If you dont have enough money when you show, then you will not be able to stay.

*- Still open
**- taken
Room 1 - Master Ghaleon, Cyberkitten **
Room 2 - goKi, Glitch **
Room 3 - Eric, Vegeta1215**
Room 4 - Ibis, Amber **
Room 5 - WarLord, TehGoat, Ganonator**
Room 6 - *
Room 7 - *
Room 8 - *
Room 9 - *
Room 10 - *

5 Rooms left! (edit by ck: we can get MORE rooms if necessary, so don't feel like we're limited to only 10 rooms. c'mon guys, you KNOW you wanna cum!)

Edit by MG: how j00 get in here :whap: :laughing:

(edit by Ganonator: I thought your backdoor was always open for fun :rolleyes: ) :evil:

goKi
04-30-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm on the definite list. I'll room up with most anyone.

Glitch
04-30-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm in. And I'll share a room.

goKi
04-30-2005, 01:23 AM
Sharing with me, Glitch man?

J.J. Maxx
04-30-2005, 08:41 AM
JJ & Foxy get a room!

6 hours is alot better than 14 I'll tell ya what...

moocow
04-30-2005, 10:30 AM
*If* I'm able to come... who wants to share wif me? *bats eyelashes*

My attendance depends on being able to convince my parents, who baby-sit for about 55 hours a week as it is, to baby-sit all weekend. I'm not sure if I can get that Friday off so we can leave early, but I can try. Also, that Sunday (June 12th) is my birthday, so I'm hoping my mom didn't have anything planned on that Saturday. Other than baby-sitting and getting the Friday off, I should be able to go. I'll have to talk to my mom, though...

Glitch
04-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Sharing with me, Glitch man?

Sure, lets get a 3rd person though so we can not pay much. Shit, I'll sleep on the floor if I have too.

Amber
04-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Ibis and I are gonna need a room.

Master Ghaleon
04-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Awesome ;)

5 more rooms up for grabs. Grab them while they are available!!

Im looking forward in meeting all of ya.

vegeta1215
04-30-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't think I'll be staying at the hotel, but I'd like to meet up with everyone and do whatever for the day. I'd be coming from Pasadena MD (which is in between Baltimore and Annapolis)

goKi
04-30-2005, 10:28 PM
So far, this is only an outing. We need more people to turn it into a convention! Sign up people.

moocow
04-30-2005, 11:40 PM
I still need someone to share a room with meeeee!

Master Ghaleon
04-30-2005, 11:42 PM
goKi and Glitch wants another one . You could room with them if they dont mind. Which i doubt they would ;)

moocow
04-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Glitch loves me :D

Glitch
04-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Glitch loves me :D

If I find a hotel whore it will be just like old times. Need a pillow?

moocow
04-30-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm not sharing a room with you anymore.

*cries*

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Just let me know whats up so then I can fill ya in Moo ;)

Ganonator
05-01-2005, 05:11 AM
I'M CUMMING!!!!!

err. yes. I'm going to come to AGNcon'05. I will share a room with Lee and Brent.

please let me know the nearest airport, how I can get picked up, how EARLY i can come, and how I have to blow to get some coffee around here.

I'm coming, you all better come to.

goKi
05-01-2005, 05:13 AM
Welcome aboard, Russ.

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2005, 05:15 AM
Hell yea ;) Ill let ya know ASAP

moocow
05-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Just let me know whats up so then I can fill ya in Moo ;)

So far it's a complete go, unless something happens I can't get that Friday off. But I doubt that will happen.

*needs a room buddy*

Foxy
05-01-2005, 10:00 AM
*needs a room buddy*

How about two room buddies? JJ and I would be more than happy to share ours with you! That is, of course, if Glitch hasn't monopolized your company in his room yet. ;) *huggles*

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2005, 01:42 PM
How about two room buddies? JJ and I would be more than happy to share ours with you! That is, of course, if Glitch hasn't monopolized your company in his room yet. ;) *huggles*

Glitches room has already been filled ;) So Mooey can be the third into your room.

moocow
05-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Actually, I talked to Breaker earlier, and I'm sharing with him (if that's okay).

Master Ghaleon
05-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Thats fine ;)

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Me and teh Amber were thinking of spending like half a day in DC. It is less than an hour away and we can just park and take the metro everywhere. Been a long time since we've been to the museums and monuments and stuff. Could be like an AGN field trip. Would anyone else be interested? WOuld only cost like 5 bucks in metro fairs for the day.

Glitch
05-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Me and teh Amber were thinking of spending like half a day in DC. It is less than an hour away and we can just park and take the metro everywhere. Been a long time since we've been to the museums and monuments and stuff. Could be like an AGN field trip. Would anyone else be interested? WOuld only cost like 5 bucks in metro fairs for the day.

sounds fun.

Master Ghaleon
05-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Still 5 rooms up for grabs ;)

The rooms available might shrink down to 2 rooms very soon. If I can get all 10 rooms filled quickly, I can grab onto 5 extra rooms and possibly a cheaper rate then what it is now.

So hurry up and call your bosses to call off from work or beg your parents to come and join us ;)

Everyone is welcome thats a member of AGN!!!!

If your parents need to talk to me to make sure everything is cool, just PM me.

Rainman
05-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Whether I am able to go fully depends on whether I get a decent paying job within the next week or so. Otherwise, I'd have no money to do this.

Master Ghaleon
05-03-2005, 03:19 AM
There maybe an slight increase of price because this other hotel has alot more stuff to offer then the one that i have now. The amount of stuff compared to the little price increase is well worth it. I will let ya know by friday if I do decide to switch over.

Ganonator
05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
David, you're probably going to hate me, but this is how it works out.

I fly into Baltimore (not Reagan) Wed at 11:05 pm. I have to leave from Baltimore at 8:05 am Sunday to make it back to Seattle on time to teach classes the next morning.

I was going to fly into DC, but it cost $150 more. So, we have a month to figure this all out.

See you all in June!

Master Ghaleon
05-03-2005, 10:54 PM
David, you're probably going to hate me, but this is how it works out.

I fly into Baltimore (not Reagan) Wed at 11:05 pm. I have to leave from Baltimore at 8:05 am Sunday to make it back to Seattle on time to teach classes the next morning.

I was going to fly into DC, but it cost $150 more. So, we have a month to figure this all out.

See you all in June!

I dont hate ya. Since the hotel rooms are for friday night and sat night. You can stay with us weds and thursday if you would like. ;)

Goat
05-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok, me and warlord are going to be there.

An evening with us is not for teh faint of heart. We smoek, drink, gamble, curse, and will probably rape you. Thank you in advance for not crying.

moocow
05-04-2005, 03:36 PM
and will probably rape you.

Do you promise? ;)

Master Ghaleon
05-04-2005, 09:29 PM
We smoek, drink, gamble, curse, and will probably rape you.

YAY :naughty:

vegeta1215
05-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Ah screw it. Sign me up for a room MG.

I'll share a room with someone if they're not too annoying, lol :D

Master Ghaleon
05-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Kick ass ;) Awesome man. This is looking better and better by the second.

EDIT - Also, if it ends up that one room has 3 people and there is a room with one person that didnt mind sharing a room. I will take one away from a room thats got 3 into the room that has 1 person to make it more cost friendly to everyone.

Zorch
05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
You guys just had to do this after I moved to the other coast didnt you : P

Ahh well. Next year youll just have to have the convo in San Fran muhahaha

goKi
05-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Come anyway, Zorch. I'm coming from Australia.

cyberkitten
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM
yeah zorch, you big baby ;) i know you just moved to get away from me cuz you fear the chaos that follows da seekay :P
i can't wait to see everybody again. i've missed you guys tons. street, i'm sorry you can't make it...i was lookin forward to meeting you and your girl. blazer...if you can't swing it, you owe me oral at the next convention...how's that for motivation to get your sweet ass up here? ;)
only a month away!!! we'll have internet access from the hotel, and i'm gonna have a webcam set up so the rest of y'all can peek in on us and be jealous that you're not here. i think we're planning to have pizza friday and saturday nights and breakfast at the hotel saturday and sunday mornings. we'll send someone out for food saturday lunch or we'll go out someplace and wreak havoc in a local eatery. i don't think DC/frederick is ready for AGN :evil:
the block of rooms has been set aside, as of late today, you guys should be able to call the hotel directly and reserve your own room and tell them whether you want a single or double room. there is a pool on the premises and it's a lot nicer than the first hotel we were looking at. there's also stuff nearby...restaurants, stores, a convenience store, and it's two turns off the highway. you CAN'T get lost. trust me.
lubu all...can't WAIT to see j00!

Glitch
05-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I can't fucking wait! This is gonna be AWESOME!

cyberkitten
05-06-2005, 07:51 PM
and i finally get to meet lee!

ok...this WAS going to be all the info for the hotel, but the gay lion may have found a cheaper alternative that's just as nice. we'll not know 'til monday, so keep your drawers on, mmkay?
lubu all
*mwah*

Goat
05-06-2005, 09:06 PM
The anticipation is killing me

Breaker
05-08-2005, 12:32 AM
can't make it to the convention. sry moo

Master Ghaleon
05-08-2005, 12:43 AM
That sucks man. Maybe the next one perhaps?

J.J. Maxx
05-08-2005, 12:58 PM
It just wouldn't be a convention without Breaker saying he'll go and then dropping out. ;)

I think he enjoys toying with us.

War Lord
05-08-2005, 03:48 PM
That's exactly what I said. He did the same thing last year.
He's a loser.

moocow
05-08-2005, 07:12 PM
can't make it to the convention. sry moo

I figured that'd happen.

biggiy05
05-08-2005, 07:35 PM
I'd like to go but I won't be able to this year. I will either be sitting in a classroom for my emt class or I will be in New Jersey with my friend. Either way this blows ass that I can't go but my career is more important I guess.

Maybe next year...

moocow
05-08-2005, 09:44 PM
I can't go either. Just talked to Kellie... if I take that Friday off of work, it could jepordize the raise I'm supposed to get, so... no offense guys, my job is like 25 times more important than getting drunk in MD. It'd be different if I didn't have a baby to take care of.

Ganonator
05-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Remember when we had advanced planning on these things? When we told our supervisors and bosses that there is a distant weekend that we can't miss for anything?

I guess I'm the only person who made sure with everybody that this was something I couldn't miss. It's not sad, it's not frustrating, really, i don't know what it is.

I guess by the end of this, I'll be playing beer pong with goKi, alone in some airport, and he won't want to drink.

Glitch
05-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I guess by the end of this, I'll be playing beer pong with goKi, alone in some airport, and he won't want to drink.

Fuck that! Me and WL will be playing too!

Amber
05-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey! Ibis and I wouldn't miss this for the world. We'll sure as heck drink with you, although not in public, noone needs to see that.

goKi
05-09-2005, 01:22 AM
I'm a definite, unless i miss my flight, or something worse.

moocow
05-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Remember when we had advanced planning on these things? When we told our supervisors and bosses that there is a distant weekend that we can't miss for anything?

Considering I just got this job a little bit over a month ago, and was told that if I didn't miss any days (with the exception of my surgery, which I only missed one day for instead of a week like I was supposed to), for 3 months, I'd get $1- $1.50 raise? I don't think I'm going to put that on the line just to go to MD to do what I used to do every weekend a couple of years ago.

Ganonator
05-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Nothing against you, mooie. I know life is more important.

I'm just sad I don't get to see you this year :(

moocow
05-09-2005, 10:12 PM
I sorry Russ, maybe I'll drive myself up there on Friday night, who knows.

Glitch
05-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I sorry Russ, maybe I'll drive myself up there on Friday night, who knows.

ZOMG! DO IT!! DO IT!!!!

moocow
05-10-2005, 07:11 AM
I'll think about it... if I leave around 6 (I'll want to go home after work and see my baby before I leave), I'd be getting in around 1 am. Driving that far by myself may not be a good idea... but I dunno. I'll have tot hink about it.

cyberkitten
05-11-2005, 12:11 AM
ok bitches, here's your info for making reservations. we're having trouble getting ahold of the coordinator at the other hotel we're lookin at, so we're gonna have everybody go ahead and make reservations and if we get a cheaper rate, we can cancel the original ones. no harm, no foul.

it will be at:
Quality Inn
420 Prospect Blvd (the 420 thing wasn't planned, i SWEAR)
phone # is 301 695 6200

call and tell them you're with the "AGN group" and they'll reserve a room for you in the hall/block they've got set aside for us, and you'll get the $74/night +tax special rate. FYI, hotel tax in MD is 8%.
you'll probably need a debit or credit card or something to guarantee the room. i haven't reserved ours yet, so i'm really not sure. if i remember, i'll do it tomorrow.

if you have questions, post 'em here, find us in chat or call me or the gay lion.
can't wait to see y'all.
lubu!
-ck

Master Ghaleon
05-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Wait til like Friday to call please ;) thanks

Master Ghaleon
05-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Nevermind, the peeps found our block

goKi
05-11-2005, 12:41 AM
They found our block, but they couldn't understand me for some odd reason. Screw it, i'll call some other time. The block does exist, i'll have to get you to phone through our reservation, Lee.

Glitch
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Goki and I are all ready to go, our room is reserved.

About the credit card thing, it's optional.

vegeta1215
05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
I'll probably call this weekend to reserve my room. I have a few questions though:

- We're doing Friday June 10th and Saturday June 11th right? Any idea what time checkout is on Sunday June 12th?
- Do we have to tell them how many people are staying in the room when we call?
- Who is Eric? (he's listed as my roomate on the first page of this thread)

cyberkitten
05-11-2005, 07:28 PM
1. correct (check in is 3 pm friday and check out is noon sunday)
2. tell them two
3. he's ibis and amber's friend. you said you didn't care who you were rooming with, but if you want somebody else, let us know in PM.

vegeta1215
05-11-2005, 08:54 PM
1. Cool
2. Gotcha
3. I didn't recognize the name, so that's why I asked. If someone else signs on who I'd rather room with I'll let you know ;)

Master Ghaleon
05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Alrighty cool ;)

http://www.armageddongames.net/showpost.php?p=1007598&postcount=37

Plus are we actually gonna be in the same rooms the whole time?

:D haha hell no hehe

cyberkitten
05-13-2005, 03:59 PM
kk, glitch is correct, you do NOT have to have a credit card to reserve the room, however you *do* need to be there before 6 pm or they won't guarantee the room if you're not using a card. if you want to use a credit card to guarantee the room, you can check in after midnight if you want...it's just only guaranteed til 6 pm if you're paying cash. they don't take checks, so be prepared to pay at check-in with cash or plastic. and make sure you have photo ID.

oh...duh....i almost forgot. if you wanna bring stuff to "decorate" your room...or turn it into a theme room, please do. that's generally what me and my friends did in ohio when we had hotel parties. like...one can be an xbox room and you can hook your xbox into the tv, ours is probably gonna be an R&R room if we do it ...candles, mellow music and stuff draped over the ugly furniture and brownies/cookies/whatever, if you wanna set up a zelda classic room and do nothing but play zelda and make quests...do whatever you want. anybody interested at all in doing a theme room?

Glitch
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
anybody interested at all in doing a theme room?

The clambake room? :D

g4conman
05-13-2005, 10:03 PM
What is this convention of 2005 thing ive been hearing all about?:whap:

Ganonator
05-13-2005, 10:05 PM
g4conman -> before you hurt yourself, read this thread
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81438

Do I get to host the Project Seven room? ;)

cyberkitten
05-13-2005, 10:09 PM
g4conman -> before you hurt yourself, read this thread
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81438

Do I get to host the Project Seven room? ;)

don't you mean "before seekay hurts you"?
and yesh, you can host the Project Seven Room. :D

glitch...i don't think they'll allow a clambake IN the hotel. freak.

g4conman
05-13-2005, 10:13 PM
So basicly its a vacation for moderators.:whap:

Breaker
05-13-2005, 10:19 PM
So basicly its a vacation for moderators.:whap:

no, basically it's not... are you dyslexic or just stupid?

Drunken Tiger
05-13-2005, 10:19 PM
And other respected and well liked members of AGN...

Foxy
05-13-2005, 10:50 PM
*sigh* Guys....our car broke down...and we don't have the money to get it fixed right now.... It would be well over $1,000. *cries* Guess that screws us over as far as going to the convention this year. First one ever we won't be able to attend. :cry: :cry:

Be sure to take a lot of pics for us, and miss us lots, ok? :(

Master Ghaleon
05-13-2005, 11:51 PM
That sucks. hope ya get your car back in working condition

Warning to all that are coming that are rooms may go up 10-15 dollars per night if we cant get the group rate, depending on how many more people leave us.

This one person is back from her vacation as I may ber able to get these rooms for a cheap ass rate. If this hotel still has the block open.

Master Ghaleon
05-18-2005, 03:24 AM
Oh yea, Post in here if you have called in to check-in with the Hotel, so I know who has and hasnt.

There is still time for people to join us. ;)

Master Ghaleon
05-18-2005, 03:24 AM
Oh yea, Post in here if you have called in to check-in with the Hotel, so I know who has and hasnt.

There is still time for people to join us. ;)

vegeta1215
05-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I haven't yet, but I plan to in the next few days. I've been sick the past two weeks, and am getting over laryngitis.

vegeta1215
05-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I haven't yet, but I plan to in the next few days. I've been sick the past two weeks, and am getting over laryngitis.

Glitch
05-18-2005, 02:06 PM
I have for goki and I.

Glitch
05-18-2005, 02:06 PM
I have for goki and I.

cyberkitten
05-19-2005, 03:40 PM
i have for the gay lion and my kitty self

cyberkitten
05-19-2005, 03:40 PM
i have for the gay lion and my kitty self

vegeta1215
05-19-2005, 04:28 PM
I just reserved a room for myself and Eric. Whoever is in contact with Eric, please let him know, ok?

vegeta1215
05-19-2005, 04:28 PM
I just reserved a room for myself and Eric. Whoever is in contact with Eric, please let him know, ok?

Master Ghaleon
05-20-2005, 02:10 AM
That be Ibis and Amber ;)

You can still join us guys and girls!!! Just reply in the thread!

Master Ghaleon
05-20-2005, 02:10 AM
That be Ibis and Amber ;)

You can still join us guys and girls!!! Just reply in the thread!

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Me and teh amber have reserved our room, and Teh Barabrian has been told. :)

Ibis, God of Magicks
05-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Me and teh amber have reserved our room, and Teh Barabrian has been told. :)

Master Ghaleon
05-26-2005, 02:12 AM
Awesome, now room 5 (WarLord, TehGoat, Ganonator) is the last room that needs to call in ;)

Anyone that couldnt do it before and now they can and wanna join in? No problem! just post in here while there is still time!

ctrl-alt-delete
05-27-2005, 12:08 AM
I wish I could go. Brent should come and pick me up, and bring me along. :-p Then, I could drive his car back here. ;)

Ganonator
05-27-2005, 01:40 AM
David: if you could give me a solid price for one room for the whole time, I may be taking it alone (price depending)

I can call in to reserve this week of those two do not.

Glitch
05-27-2005, 05:56 PM
David: if you could give me a solid price for one room for the whole time, I may be taking it alone (price depending)

I can call in to reserve this week of those two do not.

I know War Lord is definately going, we already have the rental car reserved.

Master Ghaleon
05-28-2005, 08:19 PM
As far as we know, it's $74/night plus tax (at 8%). If you want to, you can call the hotel and verify and let us know if they give you a different price.

vegeta1215
05-29-2005, 10:31 AM
As far as we know, it's $74/night plus tax (at 8%). If you want to, you can call the hotel and verify and let us know if they give you a different price.

That's the price they gave me when I called a week ago to reserve a room.

Ganonator
05-30-2005, 02:54 PM
aight... sounds good. I guess War Lord and I will have to just whore ourselves out to cover the cost.

Master Ghaleon
05-31-2005, 12:34 AM
And here is something else for ya Ganonator,

There is a shuttle that runs from the hotel to the airport. So you can hop on that to go home. Im still picking ya up ;)

Ganonator
06-03-2005, 04:14 PM
room reserved for Goat, War Lord, and myself. exciting!!@

Amber
06-03-2005, 07:04 PM
What's the earliest any of you are going to get there? I'm not talking about check-in time either. Working nights kinda screws up the whole leave as early as possible thing. You end up leaving at 8am, just when you get off work and are tired as heck.

vegeta1215
06-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I'd like to get there when everyone else is getting there, specifically when Ibis, Amber, and their friend Eric (my roomate) are getting there so Eric can get access to the room we're sharing.

Ganonator
06-03-2005, 08:01 PM
i'm with MG and CK, so it's up to them ;)

Dechipher
06-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I was seriously considering going this year. I have a car, I have a friend who hasn't been here in a while (since middle school, and you guys remember how I was back then...) but is loaded with money, and we could have came, but we have music performances this weekend that we can't miss.

Next year, though, I should be there....

Master Ghaleon
06-06-2005, 12:39 PM
probably around 4. ck gets off work between 3 and 5, depending on how much work there is to be done. ganonator and i may go at 3 and check in, then i'll go back and pick ck up when she gets off work since it's only one exit up the interstate. i guess we should probably exchange cell #s in PM so we can get ahold of each other.

vegeta1215
06-06-2005, 01:11 PM
i guess we should probably exchange cell #s in PM so we can get ahold of each other.

I'll be sending you guys my cell phone number later this week since you guy's set up this shindig.

I think we should start thinking about what activities we'd like to do so we're not just hanging around the hotel all weekend. I have some ideas:
- Console gaming - we could play some multiplayer games.
- Cards - I'm sure WL and Glitch have this covered ;)
- Billiards or Bowling - there may be a pool hall or bowling alley in the area.
- Miniature golf - see above.
- Swimming - anyone know if the hotel has a swimming pool?
- Go out to eat dinner - this has already been suggested.

Any ideas or comments?

Glitch
06-06-2005, 01:57 PM
- Cards - I'm sure WL and Goat have this covered ;)

goat? wtf. WL and me have that covered. We are bringing the sevendeuce poker chips so we will be having a No-Limit Texas Holdem tourney.

vegeta1215
06-06-2005, 02:01 PM
goat? wtf. WL and me have that covered. We are bringing the sevendeuce poker chips so we will be having a No-Limit Texas Holdem tourney.

lol, sorry. I knew WL was into cards, I couldn't remember who else was too - I thought it was Goat. :)

Glitch
06-06-2005, 02:07 PM
How many people are going to be interested in playing in the first ever AGN No-Limit Holdem Championship?

We normally do $5 or $10 buy-ins, that gets you 1500 in chips then you have the option to rebuy if you go out before the blinds go up to 25/50.

Depending on how many people play, we will pay either 1st and 2nd places, or 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

vegeta1215
06-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't mind playing cards, but I don't have any money to spare that I could used to bet with :shrug: (plus I've never play Texas Hold'm, so I probably wouldn't be nearly as good as you guys - I do have an idea how it works though)

Ganonator
06-06-2005, 06:45 PM
meh, I'll play, but don't expect much from me. I've lost over 300 bucks this last year on hold-em, and I don't want to lose anymore.

CK and I will just have to go check out guys at the pool instead. ;)

Master Ghaleon
06-06-2005, 06:54 PM
the hotel does have a pool, and anybody that wants to bring consoles can, so we can hook 'em up to the televisions. we're bringing a PS2. saturday afternoon is probably when we'll go out for dinner, although that (and anything else meal related) can be changed depending on what we feel like doing. there's a park across the street to play basketball (or croquet, if anybody has a set they wanna bring). i'll check around to see what else we can do. there should be some info on the hotel's website. go to www.qualityinn.com and do a search by zip (21703).

vegeta1215
06-07-2005, 12:49 AM
I might be able to bring my Gamecube and a few games, but I only have two controllers. Anybody else have a Gamecube who would want to bring some controllers so we can play 4 player games? (I have Mario Kart: DD, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Metroid Prime 2 for 4 player games)

deathbyhokie
06-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I might be able to bring my Gamecube and a few games, but I only have two controllers. Anybody else have a Gamecube who would want to bring some controllers so we can play 4 player games? (I have Mario Kart: DD, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Metroid Prime 2 for 4 player games)

if ibis wants to get his arse by my place, i'll donate mario golf, tennis, and two wavebird controllers to him for the weekend. and hell, the gamecube if you guys need it.

Ganonator
06-07-2005, 05:51 PM
yea, i can bring my cube. In fact, i was planning on doing it anyway. I can even bring my cords and such so we can do a LAN. Good call.

Master Ghaleon
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
You guys will need to go over the rules and crap for the poker game so we all know somewhat what we are doing. The part that gets me confused is the betting parts.

Ill bring my TV if we need another one, but i doubt we will.

What is up with Goat? is he still coming?

Ganonator
06-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't think he's coming. Fucking sellout ;)

vegeta1215
06-08-2005, 02:20 AM
yea, i can bring my cube. In fact, i was planning on doing it anyway. I can even bring my cords and such so we can do a LAN. Good call.

Cool. If you're going to bring yours, I've leave mine at home and just bring my games and an extra controller. Sorry to say I do not have a broadband adapter to play Mario Kart: DD etc via LAN.

I hope Goat is coming, it would suck if he couldn't make it :(

goKi
06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Goat cannot make it :(.

vegeta1215
06-09-2005, 04:20 PM
I forgot to mention, I can bring Zelda: Four Swords Adventures to play, but it requires each player to have a GBA and a GCN/GBA link cable. I have a GBA SP and two link cables. If you guys have GBAs and/or link cables, bring'm, cause FSA is really fun.

Amber
06-09-2005, 10:39 PM
I managed to borrow my brother's controllers. I'm forcing ibis to bring Burnout 3 for PS2.

cyberkitten
06-10-2005, 07:44 AM
w00t! it suxx0rz that i gotta take myself into work in a half hour or so, but at least when i get home, i'm off for the weekend and i get to see all my agn freaks. excellent. maybe i'll show up late and try to get sent home...
oh, and if anybody needs me, the cell # is (gone). i'll try to answer it for a change. see you guys later tonight :D

goKi
06-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Glitch and I are leaving..... right now. See you guys tonight.

Master Ghaleon
06-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Awesome, see ya all there.

cyberkitten
06-10-2005, 11:48 PM
i love you guys.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-11-2005, 02:00 AM
I am pissed off that I missed out on seeing your ass, David. :(

Master Ghaleon
06-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Hehe, you missed out on more then my ass :P I'll wait to say more until we get pics up ;)

I had a great time with all of ya. From the moment that I picked up Ganonator until the last goodbye, it was a fun packed weekend. I hope that everyone else had a blast with each other. I also think that the landlady is celebrating our departure right about now. :laughing:

goKi
06-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Convention was so great. I suggest everyone (including me) make a hell of an effort to make next years even better!