PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Metroid game?

sivart0
04-29-2005, 04:54 PM
WHat is your favorite Metroid game? I would have to say Metroid Prime is mine.

Ganon's Minion
04-29-2005, 07:15 PM
The Metroid Prime duo.

ShadowTiger
04-29-2005, 07:26 PM
MP2 was probably my favorite. I'm really not quite sure why. I haven't played that many Metroid Games, (Only 1, SNES, MP 1 and MP 2. ) but I think I enjoyed the latter 3 pretty much equally. I think I just really enjoyed a few select features of MP 2 above all else. XD .. Though the Spring Ball of SMetroid was pretty cool.

Yoshiman
04-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I liked Super Metroid the best. It's really the only one I like to go back and play through several times. There's just something about it that makes it so fun. None of the other Metroid games seem to have the same feel as SM.

DarkDragoonX
04-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Super Metroid is easily my favorite, followed closely by Zero Mission. It's not easy to describe why so many of us like Super Metroid so much... all I can say is that all of the old Metroid elements, with the addition of some new ones, were blended together and mixed with flawless pacing. Add in a plethora of secrets to discover, and you have the recipe for an amazing game.

Not only that, but Super Metroid has an intangible quality that I don't think anyone has a word for... when you play it, it just feels fun. Never since Super Metroid have I played a game where I could run around lost for two or three hours and still have an absolute blast. Super Metroid was nothing less than perfection, both in terms of the metroid series, and in terms of gaming in general.

sivart0
04-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Super Metroid sounds so fun, i downloaded the ROM...

Carcer
04-30-2005, 04:47 PM
I would have said Super Metroid, but then I thought that the original was the best, and then I confused myself. I've only ever played Metroid Zero Mission once, and I think that, seeing as it is the same game, only with better, clearer graphics, I like it better for that.
Not that I ever take graphics as a main thing about that game that makes it good, but, if it's the same game with better graphics, it makes sense to like it more.

Steezy20
04-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Didnt get into Metroid Prime at all.
For the console it was on, its innovation and its addictiveness, i'd pick Metroid anyday. Originals are always the best.

KingArthur
04-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Going to have to go with Zero Mission here. The game is familiar, but wholly new to me, I love it. After that Its a tie between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime

Aranda
04-30-2005, 09:30 PM
All of them... I'm obssed

vegeta1215
04-30-2005, 09:58 PM
This a really tough choice. It's easy for me to pick a least favorite! My least favorite would be Metroid II: The Return of Samus. I can also pick a "best" Metroid - that would be Super Metroid. But which is my favorite?

Well, I've played each game about 2-3 times each, except for the original, which I've played 4 times in it's various forms (actual NES cart, as a bonus on Metroid Prime, as an unlockable on Metroid: Zero Mission) And as much as I love Super Metroid and Metroid Prime, there's something about the original that I like that I can't describe. The feeling is similar to the first Legend of Zelda game. So, I have to go with the original Metroid.

phattonez
04-30-2005, 10:07 PM
No one said Metroid Fusion? The story line was more believable in Fusion compared to Prime (on how Samus lost her powers again, a lightning shock? the virus in Fusion seemed more probable to me) and I like the old side-scroller style. I'm still playing it, trying to look for all the missles, health, and power bombs.

Deviance
04-30-2005, 10:09 PM
This should of been a multi choice one. I only liked the 2d versions. The metriod prime series I didn't like because it was hard to control the game well. I kept getting way to confused. It is still a good game though.

sivart0
05-01-2005, 12:06 AM
zero mission and the original are 2 totally different games...

DarkFlameWolf
05-01-2005, 10:00 AM
well, people are gonna kill me, but I got bored easily with Super Metroid, but the Prime games have held my interest.

Aranda
05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
well, people are gonna kill me, but I got bored easily with Super Metroid, but the Prime games have held my interest.

Yeah, I gonna die too. Out of all them my least favorite was Super Metroid...
Metroid 2 is second to that...

DarkFlameWolf
05-02-2005, 02:43 AM
oh wait, the one thing I truly hate in ALL the Metroid Games: THE BOOST BALL GUARDIAN IN PRIME 2! OMEFG THAT FUCKER IS TOUGH!

vegeta1215
05-02-2005, 12:02 PM
The Boost Ball Guardian isn't too bad once you practice a bit. What I wound up doing was when the guardian morphed into a ball, I just stood in the center of the room and jumped up to avoid him. It's much easier than morphing into ball form yourself and avoiding him that way. (cause he's just too darn fast)

Blonde799
05-02-2005, 01:44 PM
A space jump anywhere will avoid all the boosts the guardian does. Or if you're desperate, you can stand on the pillars with energy in 'em.:laughing:

DarkFlameWolf
05-02-2005, 02:51 PM
you can stand on those pillars? O_o interesting, I'll try that. I am having a easy time of hard mode, but the Boost Ball Guardian is like........one BIG roadblock.

Blonde799
05-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Kind of tricky but yeah, you can stand on them. They don't last very long when it comes to BG's boosting though.

MottZilla
05-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Super Metroid III, there's nothing better than that. It was also the last Metroid game created by the creator of Metroid. Metroid Zero Mission is a close second though.

I for one, thought the Prime games were cool, but just the opposite of DFW, I get bored easily of the Prime games. But Super Metroid I could easily sit down and play straight through even if it does take nearly 2 hours.

sivart0
05-03-2005, 04:14 PM
i just beat super metroid. pretty good game, i still like Metroid prime better. i wonder why the crystal flash isn't in Fusion, MP or MP2...that would have been really useful when fight Metroid Prime...

Blonde799
05-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Super Metroid is a classic. I wish it was available for the current N systems, I'd play it all day.:)

Darth Marsden
05-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Super Metroid is a classic. I wish it was available for the current N systems, I'd play it all day.:)
I second that, and I also wish I could vote! Apparently I'm not allowed. Oh well, no biggie.

I'm also a fan of Metroid : Zero Mission - I think they did a fantastic job with a project that could easily have gone completely out the window. I wonder what they'll do after Metroid Prime Hunters?

Shoelace
05-11-2005, 05:46 AM
Poor Metroid II, no one likes it. :P

Anyways, here is the order of my favorites:

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
3. Metroid Zero Mission
4. Metroid Prime
5. Metroid
6. Metroid Fusion
7. Metroid II: Return of Samus

I just noticed that I have all of the Metroids. Wow! I can't vote for some reason but I would have voted for Super Metroid.

Lord Cheese
05-12-2005, 11:35 PM
My personal fav is Fusion... for a GBA shooter it was awesome... In my opinion blew Zero mission out of the water even if Zero mission is still pretty good.

PolygonX8
05-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Always has been, and always may be, Super Metroid. The last game of the real creator, and the big turn in the Metroid series. Tons of bosses, tons of tricks, just pure greatness and classicness.
MZM and MP1 were close seconds, though.

MP2 and MF are the disappointments in my eyes.
MP2 - A jumbled story along with an annoying key hunt. No background story for DS (even though we knew who it was). Whole dark/light thing was nothing new, and got annoying pretty fast. Almost didn't even feel like Metroid at points. The ammo system was interesting, but you didn't have enough when you had gotten the annihilator beam.
MF - Continued annoyance of Adam telling you where to go, boring surroundings, and enemies that did more damage in units than the total number of days you've actually lived. The wall-jumping was also pretty screwed, and bomb jumping was not possible. The lack of sequence breaking REALLY killed this game as well.
And with that... Intelligent Systems better stick to making Paper Mario (as the second was definitely a game that made the first one look like utter crap; great job) and not make something as bad as MF ever again.

I'd play M2 over MF, any day.

noi_max
05-13-2005, 11:01 AM
I agree. Super Metroid was probably the best in the 2-D series.
It's still my favorite. :D
Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime are also very good. I was skeptical about a 3-D version, but Metroid Prime is awesome!

I also got a huge kick from Metroid II. It was leaps beyond the original NES version, and yet was developed for a lesser capable system.

[/twocents]

Daarkseid
05-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Super Metroid is one of the finest games ever made.

Link 101
05-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I am going for Super Metroid because, like Yoshiman said way back up there, it is just so fun to sit down and play. I mean, it is just one of those games where you can sit down and play it, even if you don't feel like playing it, you get into it in a matter of minutes. Not only is it one of the best Metroid games I have played, but one of the best games overall.

I would have to say MZM comes in a close second, it was a fun game. Metroid Fusion kinda dissapointed me, but it was still fun. MP was a great game, just not my favourite. MP2, I am still in the process of beating it...I got it for Christmas, and haven't beaten it yet. I don't like it at all, really. It kind of sucks if you ask me. I have yet to beat Metroid, and yet to even play Metroid 2: Return of Samus.