PDA

View Full Version : Select Attributes to Paste

bigjoe
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Rather than having so many paste options, why not just have "Paste" and "Paste to All", with a seperate "Attributes" button?

With "Attributes" you can select what you want to paste, so that you can paste certain things without overwriting others.

The "Attributes" (checkboxes) for what would be pasted, would be:
[]All - Automatically selects all checkboxes below it.
[]Screen - Pastes all placed combos on to the new screen.
[]Secret Combos - Pastes the secret combos from the copied screen
[]Flags - Pastes Flags that are on screen.
[]Tile Warp - Pastes Tile Warp and all related data.
[]Side Warp - Pastes Side Warp and all related data.
[]Maze - Pastes maze.
[]Screen Data - Pastes Screen Data
[]Enemies - Pastes Enemies
[]Enemy Flags - Pastes Enemy Flags
[]Placement Data - Pastes the locations of items, location of "warp in", location of "continue", and location of "stairs".
[]Guy Data - Places room type, string, and catch all.
[]Dungeon Doors

ShadowTiger
04-28-2005, 04:44 PM
.. OMFG, .. I second this with a passionate fury. This would help SO MUCH with custom bosses. ... Like when you suddenly forgot to set one single point to the template for the boss, and you have to go pasting it all over again, but you've already set the tiles for the boss on each screen in its individual pose. Ugh, that can be hell. X_X Great idea man. :) :highfive:

... Oh. New keyboard shortcuts might be in order though. I doubt that would be totally necessary though.

bigjoe
04-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Another use would be if you wanted to set all your "burn" combos on layers 1 or 2 , to an empty combo, but have already placed a lot of layer 2 stuff. Rather than digging through all the places where you will place a burn combo, you can just paste your secret combo data to all screens on the Layer 1/2 maps without overwriting the other stuff.

(And, yes, I am in this predicament.)

Tygore
04-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Really though, I think that about 85% of all suggestions come from someone's personal predicaments. I know I've made a few.

Great idea though.

Sephiroth
04-29-2005, 12:08 AM
o_o Wow, That's a great idea you got going there BigJoe. :) I also second that. :)

4matsy
04-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Oh yes, this is a good one...I could've used this a few times myself. Nice idea BJ :D