PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Tony Brasel

Brasel
04-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Yet another update from the land of the great sand.

So I've been sitting on a hill, in a tower, playing video games for about a week now. I beat four games and have been working out and well, sleeping.
How do I get so lucky, you ask? A radio guy went on leave, and I have to take his place. I'm bored out of my skull. I'm at a completely different camp from where I have been. This one is like a resort compared to the rest of what I've seen of the Middle East. Theres lakes, palm trees, a pool, beautiful architecture...I'm in the vicinity of one of Sadam's palaces.

My job at the moment, to make sure our radio retrans stays up. Its pretty much just a system that relays transmissions over one radio frequency to another, creating a larger footprint of communication. And its boring as hell. Me and another guy have to sit in this room in a tower and monitor the thing 24/7. We take turns staying up all night. Its given me a lot of time to play a lot of Playstation and Gameboy, as well as time to contemplate the meaning of life.

Fighting for our country's freedom never sounded so exciting huh? Its starting to get hot here. It was pretty bad this afternoon. Its sad when you start to miss work... I can't wait to get back to the computer networking biz...

Archibaldo
04-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Dude, you're allowed videogames in the army? I thought they were like strictly prohibited.

Blonde799
04-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Hey, what the army doesn't know won't kill you and your entire family.:p

Sounds boring out there. You should be in MI right now, it's blizzardring!:D

carrot red
04-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Misleading title, but then again, I don't really know what I was expecting to see.

I'd rather have you bored than in one of the hot places we hear about in the news everyday, Tony...

moocow
04-24-2005, 05:33 PM
At least it's not snowing -_-

*huggles on Tony*

biggiy05
04-24-2005, 08:29 PM
At least it's not snowing -_-

*huggles on Tony*

End of friggin April and it is snowing.

You could write a book with all the free time you have over there. It has gotta suck sitting up all night with nothing to do.

Blonde799
04-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Especially in Michigan, with snow days following a hot week. What. The. Hell.

Manny
04-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Haha man, glad to hear you're doing well. If you've got a camera, ya should share some of the things (the nice ones at least) you're seeing out there. Take care and stay well friend
cheers,
-manny

Trevelyan_06
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Tony,

To pass the time more quickly, you should attempt to send out short cryptic messages from the radio attena. Perhaps you could bury them and make it look like simple frequency bleed through, I don't know, you're the radio guy.

Anyways, once you figure out how to send these short message here's what you do, send them out towards all the organizations that are constantly looking for alien signals. Send out random and amusing statements such as, "No, not the little one, that big blue one, that's the one we're suppose to crush." or "Are you sure this is where the party is?". Have fun, and don't work too hard!

Brasel
04-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Haha man, glad to hear you're doing well. If you've got a camera, ya should share some of the things (the nice ones at least) you're seeing out there. Take care and stay well friend
cheers,
-manny
Already have taken some pictures, unfortunately though, they'll have to wait to get posted until I get back to my other camp.

Yeah, its not hot today, cause there was a sandstorm last night. Not a big one, but enough to cool off the day. It kinda sucks though, cause its real dusty out, and I can't go running cause I'll choke.