PDA

View Full Version : Gleaned from the ZC Suggestions Board...

{DSG}DarkRaven
04-24-2005, 12:19 AM
So, for those of you who browse ZC Suggestions regularly, you might notice that I spend quite a bit of time there. Possibly because it's the least hostile and controversial part of the AGN forums. But also because I happen to have a passion for ideas. Thus, I have taken it upon myself to report to my fellow beta testers some of the better (and more plausible) suggestions from some of the more recent threads. Feel free to add any you think are especially good and practical. And if you all already read them and I'm being redundant by posting this, feel free to let me know so I won't do it again. :D

Enemies
Aquamentus 2:A very ignored and undervalued source of potential. He could easily be upgraded to be more of a challenge than his original form. Obviously more health would be a necessity, but other suggested modifications are primarily concerned with his attack method. A larger spray of fireballs would be easy to do, say, five, instead of three (three in the front, like Aquamentus 1 and two more behind them), making the attack more difficult to avoid at any range. Or, as I personally suggested, he might spit one by one in rapid succession, from top to bottom, in a wide arc that didn't target the player's position like Aquamentus 1's attack does. A third option would be to give him a breath attack like the newer Gleeok.

Green Bubble: Unlike of a sword (temp)disabling/enabling bubble's we already have, the Green Bubble drains your magic meter. Obviously it wouldn't do much if the meter wasn't enabled, but that's rhetorical. I don't know the name for the Z3 enemy that drained your magic meter, but I'm surprised I haven't heard more people clamoring for this.

Room Types
Blue Rupee Room: Like the curent single rupee room, only with blue rupees, and in some other configuration other than the diamond. The current room has, what, fifteen rupees, or so? A pyramid formation (not unlike a triforce shape) could consist of ten blue rupees, or 50 total. It's not entirely useful for anything besides giving the player money, but it's a nice and easy thing to do. One of the reasons I think we don't see many money rooms anymore is because they're limited to small value, and with the wallet items, little rupee rooms don't really cut it anymore. This would be a classy way to compete with the fifty rupee item.

Animations
Z3 Style Fireballs: Now I know this has been suggested many, many times, and to be honest, I've always been an opponent of it, because I never thought it was very plausible. Aranda has generally been a proponent of it, and I admit, he inspired my idea for this possibility. So this is not so much of an obvious suggestion as a curious inquiry. Would it be possible, perhaps, to create a Z3 style fireball using the same trail effects used for the boomerang and arrow sparkles? I thought that if the trails were brief enough and short enough, they could be fairly convincing, even if they were applied to the original zelda tileset. They could be smaller sized dots, gradually thinning crescents, the art direction is academic. Most people won't really care. I'm just wondering, can this be done this way?

That's all for now!

Rydia
04-24-2005, 05:13 AM
They are all great ideas. The enemy in Z3 that takes your magic, I think, is called a bubble. I could be mistaken, but that's what I thought it was.

I do have an idea though. Perhaps a new enemy. You know the character talking thing. When you speak to Abei, or Zelda or someone. I was thinking of having a version of that and having it be an enemy in disuise or something. It would start where the speaking character is, and after you go stab at him/her/it, they start moving around, and perhaps split into replicas. There could be an option telling how many replicas to have.

I dunno. That is something that just popped into my head out of nowhere.

Shadowblazer
04-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Room Types
Blue Rupee Room: Like the curent single rupee room, only with blue rupees, and in some other configuration other than the diamond. The current room has, what, fifteen rupees, or so? A pyramid formation (not unlike a triforce shape) could consist of ten blue rupees, or 50 total. It's not entirely useful for anything besides giving the player money, but it's a nice and easy thing to do. One of the reasons I think we don't see many money rooms anymore is because they're limited to small value, and with the wallet items, little rupee rooms don't really cut it anymore. This would be a classy way to compete with the fifty rupee item. Why stop with just a single new kind of Rupee room? Seems like the room type in question could be made configurable easily enough. Perhaps the "10 Rupies" room could be modified to allow for an item to be selected, much like a special item room. This way the 10 items that are spawned could be any item that you want (obviously it'd only really make sense if the item you chose were a rupee denomination though, as a room full of magic boomerangs or master swords would just be silly ;) ).

Furthermore, a new flag could be created (or perhaps an existing flag could be "overloaded" if that's easier) so that in a "10 Rupies" room, the rupies (or whatever item was selected if you're, say, a nut that wants a room full of clocks) spawn wherever the flags are placed, thus allowing you to create any pattern you wish.

Obviously, for the sake of older quests, this would have to be either 1) a new room type, or b) rupee rooms that don't have a special item selected would default to 1 Rupee as their item, and if they don't have any flags placed they'd default to the standard 10 in a diamond pattern.

Praethus
04-25-2005, 03:34 PM
It would also make sense for Hearts.