PDA

View Full Version : Background

SoStaci
04-22-2005, 11:45 PM
I found some Mystic Quest backgrounds like the ocean view and some mountain tiles. How do I set these for the editor?

Zelda Master
04-23-2005, 04:06 PM
I found some Mystic Quest backgrounds like the ocean view and some mountain tiles. How do I set these for the editor?

Okay heres how to do this. first set up a newfolder and name it tiles/background, and move the file there.
then start up zquest and go to File: Import, Tiles now change the top to wherever you put that folder click on the file and click Ok.

Note!!: Check versions of tiles you download because another version Won't Work on these Tiles!

Glad to help. Hey do you know what the demoex password is in zquest 2.10? if you do, find My thread, [Demo ex Password ZeldaMaster] and please reply to it! :)

SoStaci
04-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately, i don't know any of the passwords on the quests.

SoStaci
04-23-2005, 05:11 PM
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&title=mystic+quest&creator=&type=&sort=updated

Here's where I found them

"Okay heres how to do this. first set up a newfolder and name it tiles/background, and move the file there.
then start up zquest and go to File: Import, Tiles now change the top to wherever you put that folder click on the file and click Ok.

Note!!: Check versions of tiles you download because another version Won't Work on these Tiles!"

What do you mean by number for Import?

Espo
05-07-2005, 11:12 PM
When you select import tiles from the file menu it will prompt you for a number. This number is the tile page at which to start placing the tiles you are importing. If you want to preserve the tiles you already have then goto Quest->Graphics->Tiles (or something like that) and press PgDn on the keyboard until you reach a blank page. Then read the page number from the bottom right of the tile page and have the tiles imported to tha page.

SoStaci
05-08-2005, 08:06 AM
still confused...i can't find where it says the specific versions for the backgrounds.

Espo
05-08-2005, 08:42 AM
ah I see.

I downloaded your tiles from purezc. First you don't need a version number and second you can disregard my last post on this thread. Since the tiles come in a *.bmp you have to grab them into the tile screen. Go to Quest->Graphics->Tiles and scroll down to a blank area of the tile page and click the grab button at the bottom of the screen. In the grab screen click file and browse to the file you wish to use. When you load it you'll notice the coloring is all screwed up. You can fix this for your eyes with the pal button but this is not a real fix for zq. We'll talk about this in a second. Click the leech button. For these tiles the default leech settings are fine so just click ok. It won't grab the whole file, it will only grab unique tiles. That's all you really need.

Now to fix the coloring you have two options. 1) adjust one of your pallates to all these tiles to have the correct colors. I don't suggest this because invariably you will change the colors of other tiles drastically. What I would do is 2) edit the tiles using existing pallette/cset colors. this is a way to ensure that both these tiles look ok (will probably not look as good as on the web site) and that you don't discolor something else.

Hope this helps.