PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard's Downloader...

obi
04-22-2005, 10:00 AM
The downloader they use for the WoW updates just blows. Been trying to download the enGB 1.4.0 patch but its just been sitting at 86% constantly dissconnecting and reconnecting me from the tracker. Turning off the P2P transfer mode just kills the transfer altogether however the only thing that does work is my upload =/

I remember there being a page that had their own torrent downloads for each patch that was released, but I can't find it anymore.

Funny how a 10 min download can turn into 3 hours...

So, does anyone know of any other download locations for the new patches? Fileplanet only has the US patch right now so thats no good to me...

Rainman
04-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Obviously it's something on your end because I didn't have any trouble.

obi
04-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Well, I've had no trouble with anything else, or even any other type of BT client. The last patch downloaded fine too... kinda suspect though that I can still upload to other people yet not get any download myself, granted we'd be downloading different files from different trackers so it would not really be anything to compare against?

Edit:

I found a page finally that has direct downloads here (http://www.igxp.com/patch.php).

Downladed the file in 5 mins...

gdorf
04-22-2005, 02:24 PM
download the xfire client. I don't use it for the chat clients, but it provides a quick download for game patches, including WoW.