PDA

View Full Version : New Zelda Pics Real?

ctrl-alt-delete
04-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi-Def Pics (http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=44189&page=4)

These images have been popping up everywhere. Nintendo Power is supposed to be featuring an article in an upcoming issue...could this be why? TSA said that more pictures would be released before E3, and probably the name of the game as well.

Some of the text translated can be found here (http://boards.ign.com/Legend_of_Zelda/b5188/85306808/?25).

The story begins with Link as an adult (he is 16 years old in this game and will grow up as the game progresses)
- The village that appears in the pics is the first area in the game (as Kokiri Village in OoT)
- Controls are similar to those of OoT and Wind Waker
- The game's extension is 2 to 3 times bigger than Ocarina of Time
- The adventure can last up to 70 hours

- Horse battles will be a main part of the game

- Eiji Aonuma says: "Making the water trasparent in this new Zelda as opossed to Wind Waker will allow us to give a realistic and more beautiful feel to the game and also open the game to a new subaquactic world"
- Z targetting found in OoT is again used (with the L button in the GC's controller)
- Jumping is again automatic
- Eiji Aonuma wants the graphical style to be close to manga-style (he thinks that the Link found in the SpaceWorld 2000 demo looked like a puppet and lacked personality)

vegeta1215
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
They look real to me.

My question is what's up with that outfit Link has on in some of those pictures? It's like he has a regular white undershirt, with some makeshift shoulder pad (which reminds me of Cloud from FFVII) and a blue shirt tied around his waist with an orange belt :odd:

Carcer
04-21-2005, 12:47 PM
I don't know. The thing at the right of the first picture is clearly a drawing. The others pics of link seem real enough, but all of the other people are not in the same style.
It would be interesting to play as Zelda, if that is Zelda, but she doesn't look as real as link. Who knows. If it is true, then we'll know by E3.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, apparently it is the beginning town, and he is dressed as a farmer. Check that edit information up there. There are already translations EVERYWHERE, and these images in different resolutions are everywhere. I completely believe that the magazine exists, and I personally believe that the images are real. I am so excited about the next two magazines to print this information, because they will probably have different pictures and stuff.

EDIT: About that whole 2 to 3 times bigger than OoT thing...Am I in Heaven?

Cloral
04-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Have a link to any of these other pages since the images are now blocked in the first link? I'm at work so I don't have the time to look for them right now.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Blocked? I can see them just fine. Sorry about that, let me look around for you.

This is the best I can do. (http://www.zhq2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4605&st=0&#entry94827)

All of the images have been blocked from most pages due to bandwidth, copyright, etc. I will keep looking though.

Here we go...a little better. (http://forums.gaming-age.com/showpost.php?p=1259237&postcount=233)

Orion
04-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Just scroll further down in the thread in that link, they are posted from different sources that haven't used up their bandwidth yet.

They look fairly real to me, but not especially interesting. At least the chickens are there. I kinda wonder what the GUI will end up looking like.

Darth Marsden
04-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Here's what I came up with...

Cube-Europe (http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7650) (scroll down for some translations)

Zelda Vortex (http://www.zeldavortex.com/index.php?do=viewarticle&id=40) (no text, but some nice-looking screenshots)

I must say, they're looking very nice... and I like the idea of having Link in different clothes. 3 times bigger then OoT? Excellent. And the graphical style is almost unimportant to me, as long as it plays well.

EDIT: This is a translation of what came with the original scans (I've edited it a bit from the original Babelfish conversion to make it more readable):

Here are some DigiCam photos with new pictures from The Legend of Zelda, which originate from the Spanish magazine 'Hobby Consolas'. The magazine writes that the game's lifespan can last up to seventy hours. Altogether it's about two to three times bigger than the N64's Ocarina Of Time. Link is around 16 years old, but during the game will slowly get older. The city in the pictures is the first area in which the game starts. The horse-fighting is to take an important part of gameplay. Gameplay will resemble The Wind Waker (NGC) and Ocarina Of Time (N64). Eiji Aonuma stated that he wants to bring a more manga style to the graphics. He also stated that in the Space World 2000 demo he found that Link felt like a doll - it lacked personality (Thanks to Kekoxp).

ctrl-alt-delete
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Link clearly has the triforce mark located on his left hand...so the Triforce is confirmed, and considering Ganon's voiceover character is working on the game, I would assume that Ganondorf is definitely in the game. I think these new screenshots are incredible, but I am sure somebody somewhere is shreading them apart. Already, people are saying they ripoff Fable. Oh dear God.

Link sure is a weird looking farmer...whatever he is, boy. :)

Oh, and one more thing. Apparently, you can joust(with your sword) on the horse. :D

Darth Marsden
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM
After more searching, I found that the first village you start in is apparently called 'Toaru Village'. Also, there was some speculation that the images were flipped - apparently, Link's weilding his sword in his right hand in some of the pictures.

One More Link... (No Pun Intended) (http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope/index.cgi?board=gena&action=display&num=1114060929&start=0)

EDIT: Apparently, some people are calling this a Fable rip-off. I like to think of it as 'Fable inspired', but if anything this will ensure a more interesting Zelda game. After all, you can't keep doing the same old things forever, right? I'm certainly looking forward to this all the more now.

Carcer
04-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Oh, and one more thing. Apparently, you can joust(with your sword) on the horse. :D
I thought that we'd been told that from the beginning? Whatever, it's still a good idea. The Zelda Vortex site is absolutely great, Darth Marsden. I'm a totaly believer now - It looks fanstastic.
This (http://www.zeldavortex.com/images/revgdc/9.jpg)
Is just one of my favourites. I just hope that you can't kill it by using your sword. Those pictures with the lighting sunset type things are fantastic. I just hope that the dungeons and plot are more original.

EDIT: The new link you provided shoes only bendwidth exeeded pictures.
EDIT2: Interesting... it seems that Ghoma makes a return in this game. Well, it they keep her. I hope that they do, but this is very odd. It all seems very close to OoT, and not like a sequel to WW. The monsters, and horseback riding is a very far flung thing. Can it be that he's found a whole new world?
As a farmer, Link must be quite established. I wonder if he'd accomplish all that in just four years of being there.

Darth Marsden
04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I thought that we'd been told that from the beginning? Whatever, it's still a good idea. The Zelda Vortex site is absolutely great, Darth Marsden. I'm a totaly believer now - It looks fanstastic.
This (http://www.zeldavortex.com/images/revgdc/9.jpg)
Is just one of my favourites. I just hope that you can't kill it by using your sword. Those pictures with the lighting sunset type things are fantastic. I just hope that the dungeons and plot are more original.

EDIT: The new link you provided shoes only bendwidth exeeded pictures.
EDIT2: Interesting... it seems that Ghoma makes a return in this game. Well, it they keep her. I hope that they do, but this is very odd. It all seems very close to OoT, and not like a sequel to WW. The monsters, and horseback riding is a very far flung thing. Can it be that he's found a whole new world?
As a farmer, Link must be quite established. I wonder if he'd accomplish all that in just four years of being there.

My favourite screenshot has to be... This One (http://www.zeldavortex.com/images/revgdc/10.jpg) - looks like Donkey Kong is making a cameo appearence.

About the new link - just try another one. There about 50 floating around. And (Possible Spoiler) this one is set after Wind Waker, as has been said in several interviews.

(DEFINATE Spoiler) At the end of WW, Link & Zelda set off to found a new Hyrule - this is probably it.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Guess we won't know for sure about where and when this is until the game actually comes out. Referring to the jousting, yes, we knew you could have sword fights. But apparently, there are actual jousting type battles...without a spear, of course.

Carcer
04-22-2005, 01:45 PM
(Possible Spoiler) this one is set after Wind Waker, as has been said in several interviews.

(DEFINATE Spoiler) At the end of WW, Link & Zelda set off to found a new Hyrule - this is probably it.
Oh, I knew that, but what I was thinking was, that it would have to be enormously high to be a new world. Think the tibetan plateau. That would be the new world they find, and... Dragon Roost Island for example, is a very tall mountain that just pokes through this flooded sea. Say, Acongaua in real life.
This would mean that the new world would have to be quite weird to be like how it is shown. Then again, in previous series, that land North of Hyrule is very mountainous.
But, Link and Zelda both sail off to the East, so who knows.

Orion
04-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh, I knew that, but what I was thinking was, that it would have to be enormously high to be a new world. Think the tibetan plateau. That would be the new world they find, and... Dragon Roost Island for example, is a very tall mountain that just pokes through this flooded sea. Say, Acongaua in real life.
This would mean that the new world would have to be quite weird to be like how it is shown. Then again, in previous series, that land North of Hyrule is very mountainous.
But, Link and Zelda both sail off to the East, so who knows.

You're taking it too technically and too seriously. Where it takes place doesn't have to make any sense. It will probably take place in a typical land just like every other game except WW.

Carcer
04-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes, I suppose you're right. But I like to think in that way. And in Zelda series', I like everything to be linked, although, this game being a sub game, I would imagine, it probably will have very little to link it.
We'll just have to wait for Cloral to come back from E3.

Dart Zaidyer
04-23-2005, 04:38 PM
I certainly hope the game's length is NOT spent collecting widgets and participating in really long sidequests to acquire Heart Pieces, in between the... oh, let's say 6 dungeons total if we're lucky.

I definitely think Link is more stylish than the thing that was in the original Spaceworld movie. He's got a look in his eye, and that look says "I am going to rock your face."

vegeta1215
04-23-2005, 10:15 PM
I certainly hope the game's length is NOT spent collecting widgets and participating in really long sidequests to acquire Heart Pieces, in between the... oh, let's say 6 dungeons total if we're lucky.

Same here. If you thought the sidequests in The Wind Wakerwere long, don't play The Minish Cap, whose Kinstone Fusion sidequests are beyond tedious.

Carcer
04-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Tell me about it. Nintendo needs to think of something original. Even the little sub quests you tend to have to do before going into the dungeons are same old, same old.
I hope that, with this world being on land, that the edges of it aren't made up of huge solid stone walls like the first two 3D Zeldas.

Darth Marsden
04-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Same here. If you thought the sidequests in The Wind Waker were long, don't play The Minish Cap, whose Kinstone Fusion sidequests are beyond tedious.
Well, guess which game I'm on at the moment..! I'll admit that it is a bit tedious, but by no means essential. Anyway, if you're going to go for all the sidequests, then you need some sort of guide. I tend to use those official-type books for the sidequests (and nothing else!), and I was amazed at how many I would have missed in Majora's Mask. Good grief..!

ctrl-alt-delete
04-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Even more images up. These from Nintendo Power...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/Achilles124/New%20Pics/nintendo_power_june_2005_5.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/Achilles124/New%20Pics/nintendo_power_june_2005_4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/Achilles124/New%20Pics/nintendo_power_june_2005_3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/Achilles124/New%20Pics/nintendo_power_june_2005_2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/Achilles124/New%20Pics/nintendo_power_june_2005.jpg

God, that fire monster looks incredible...

I actually like Link's cowboy clothes...I guess I have never really posted the information on the new game. I will do that later.

In the picture where Link is riding his horse through the water, look at those water effects...look at the detail of the trees...look at the sky until it disappears brighter in the background.

AGH! I love my life.

Carcer
04-25-2005, 03:33 PM
That farmer link is just annoying... he looks like a woman... I thought that he was a man... Still, as long as the game is good. I'm glad to see the return of chicken flying, and yes, the water does look amazing - but after Mario Sunshine and Starfox, what could we expect? Now we can swim underwater, an element I sorely missed in WW, even though the game consisted of 90% of the stuff!

Kairyu
04-25-2005, 10:39 PM
God, that fire monster looks incredible...

It also looks a lot like a Balrog...

Orion
04-25-2005, 11:03 PM
That farmer link is just annoying... he looks like a woman... I thought that he was a man

Damn, boy. How are you ever going to enjoy the game if you are so picky? I honestly don't think he looks like a woman, you must have very ugly women where you come from :P.

I heard the details about how the quest will start and I am excited. It sounds like fun and it seems like the story might be a little less conventional then the rest of the games.

What is pissing me off is IGN. They seem so obsessed with this animal changing idea and act as if it is what everyone wants. I don't mind talking to animals, but personally, I think changing into them is the stupidest idea for a Zelda game I have ever heard.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-25-2005, 11:37 PM
Well, Aonuma says we will be able to communicate with them somehow, but I highly doubt we will be able to turn into them. If I had a guess, I would say some kind of item controls them...which might actually be really fun. Probably something he gets to control his horse on the way to the kingdom meeting, or whatever it is.

About the Balrog thing...leave it alone...

Carcer
04-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry, but a Balrog rip-off it is. It still looks good, though.
Orion, there are an abundance of lovely ladies where I come from, but, an ever increasing number of hideous beasts threaten to befoul my wonderous land. Link looks like one of them.
And, on the subject of dogs, I hope that Link, by talking to them, doesn't simply get regular NPC chatter, and nor even the animal helping you, for example, to dig something up, or fly you. Whilst this might be nice, it seems unncessecary unless somethign exiting is thought up. As for talking to the animals, Nintendo will do it in a good way - changing into an animal is far too EA tatty for them to do. Never fear.

idontknow
04-26-2005, 03:31 PM
So what do we know about this game? Lets recap:
1) Link is a cowboy in a town called Toura Village and at the start of the game, you play a minigame that teaches you how to ride a horse & practice herding animals.
2) You also must bring something (like a baby basket or something) to a pregnant woman. And you also play a sword-slashing game with scarecrows.
3) There is a fire temple with a huge firey boss!
4) There is a boss battle on horseback! You fight this giant, horned demon on some sort of giant mutant boar or something and must slash its armor and then shoot it with arrows.
5) There is see-through water which looks amazing & link can dive into it.
6) There are new sword techniques; for example, the downward thrust and slashing sword while walking/running. In addition, perry attacks (like from windwaker) make a comeback!
7) Zelda & Ganon are both in the game!
8) We will somehow be able to communicate with animals
9) Chicken gluiding makes a return! :)
10) There are in fact exploding arrows and enemies w/ fire arrows.
11) Link must earn his heroic, green outfit somehow.
12) The overworld is expected to be about 3x the size of that of LoZ:tOoT, with many different villages
13) Day & night system
14) Link grows older from beginning of the game to the end.
15) You can slash enemies on horseback with sword or fire arrows at them from more of a distance.
16) Fishing returns! You can even take a small canoe and go fishing in the middle of a lake!
17) A large ghoma of sorts seems to be in the game.
18) Puzzles, sidequests, and battles are all prevelent.
19) There is expected to be about 70hrs of gameplay to finish the game (whether that means to simply beat it or to find all secrets & accomplish all tasks, we don't know)
20) Link's adventure starts when he is told by the mayor or something to go to Hyrule for a conference to represent him since he couldn't go and on his way, an accident occurs which sparks the true beginning of the story.
21) You can fight a goron who punches you!

Carcer
04-27-2005, 11:49 AM
That's the best recap I've ever seen - I didn't know most of that! Where did you find it?
There's also the rather large looking lost woods style forest, with apes and... things. And a cave with metal heads.
I guess that's about all to discuss then.

idontknow
04-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Some of it was found on non-english websites & the words were translated by Americans in other forums (like in the gamefaqs.com message board) Other information was concluded from watching either of the 2 trailers. I've been searching all over the internet just trying to gather bits & pieces of information for this game to see how much i know!

Darth Marsden
04-29-2005, 05:24 AM
I think we're gonna have to wait for E3 for Nintendo to really reveal all the big details - as well as the name! Finally. And I knew it would be Ganon again! (See the other Zelda thread)

Orion
04-29-2005, 12:56 PM
I've seen some art from EGM that has pictures of a cloaked dude with the Shiekah symbol on him, and new art of Link and Zelda (with a ceremonial sword). I don't think she would fight, but hopefully you get to do a co-op with her or something. I'd rather see her use the bow ala WW though.

Darth Marsden
05-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Bump!

A whole feature on the new Zelda - in English, no less! (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3140040&did=1)