PDA

View Full Version : Even the Egyptians are dissapointed

Ganonator
04-19-2005, 05:57 PM
www.mypyramid.gov

Aparently,
http://www.centenaryarchers.gil.com.au/images/food-pyramid.jpg
isn't good enough for americans. They need fancy rainbow-colored pictures that make no fucking sense whatsoever.

http://www.mypyramid.gov/images/Home_image.gif
Seriously now. He looks like a gay disk jockey.

Lets eat!

Eckels
04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
i've always wondered, wtf is wrong with a pie chart?

Kairyu
04-19-2005, 06:09 PM
i've always wondered, wtf is wrong with a pie chart?

Because man cannot live on pie alone.

Rainman
04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
I'll paraphrase the site:

Make smart choices

Goat
04-19-2005, 06:58 PM
I work out alot, so I mainly eat alot of carbs, and tuna. In teh mornings for breakfast Ill eat a can of tuna, just out of teh can with a fork, delicious. When i get home from work, I eat 2 packages of Ramen noodles. For dinner I usually eat 2 boxes of teh cheap generic Mac & Cheese. Thats a meal for less than a dollar a day, and it hgelps with my bulking up and building muscles.

The old pyramid was gay enough, but the new one is uber gay. Like Russ gay, no even gayer than that, liek republican gay! Wow, tahst gay!

ShadowTiger
04-20-2005, 09:03 AM
I am so hanging that on my wall, Goat. Your diet is eerily similar to my own, with intentions far more ambitious than my own. Kudos. :p You do it to work out. I do it to scrounge for whatever food I can find in my house. >_<

Orion
04-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Pie chart would be bad, because it is pie shaped, it would make people hungry for pies. Pies aren't good for you :P.

Then again, what isn't bad for you?

People just need to learn to balance everything they eat, don't go overboard in one area. Don't eat like a fucking pig, and they will be fine.

theplustwo
04-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Man, from now on whenever I eat, I'll just think "What would silhouette guy walking up steps next to a rainbow triangle do?"

Carcer
04-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Pie chart would be bad, because it is pie shaped, it would make people hungry for pies. Pies aren't good for you :P.

Unless, of course, it was weight watchers pie. And besides, pyramids remind me of a) Toblerone, and b) Ferrero Rocher when it is arranged in pyramids.
I think that each colour on that pyramid symbolises a different type of food. Like the yellow one would be fat and such. Who knows? Who cares? Only the most desperate of people need things like that. And they're all wafer-thin.

Verman
04-20-2005, 01:31 PM
I work out alot, so I mainly eat alot of carbs, and tuna. In teh mornings for breakfast Ill eat a can of tuna, just out of teh can with a fork, delicious. When i get home from work, I eat 2 packages of Ramen noodles. For dinner I usually eat 2 boxes of teh cheap generic Mac & Cheese. Thats a meal for less than a dollar a day, and it hgelps with my bulking up and building muscles.

One thing first before anything else, the fact that you can eat tuna out of a can with a fork is amazing....tuna is digusting!!! haha

ok now on to the post You eat mainly carbs for building muscle???? where did you learn that? Protien builds muscle... you don't want to eat mainly carbs, carbs can make you fat as well! You can bulk up with what you are eating? I wish I had such a low metabolism! I have to eat 6 tons of fricking food to gain weight hahah!

And on topic, that is a hilarious site.. that little guy running up the rainbow pyramid rocks. I wonder if it actully helps people understand maybe it attracts a persons attention better!

Starkist
04-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Taste the rainbow!

Ich
04-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I guess this (http://www.texasdex.com/adexter/pyramid.jpg) isn't funny anymore then.