PDA

View Full Version : Damn I feel old...

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-19-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm sitting there in my car, I'm listening to the classic rock station, because I like to get my daily dosage of Zepplin, old Aerosmith, Beatles, etc.

Then, all the sudden, I Welcome to the Jungle!

Classic Rock stations playing Guns and Roses?

I feel so old.

Blonde799
04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
You're should never feel old until you start to lose your hair.

ShadowTiger
04-19-2005, 06:58 PM
... And considering my mother's father went bald when he was 20, ... I should be quaking in my boots. XD

I only play old games. Does that make me old? .. I still use my 386 machine, as well as a TANDY 1000. ... Does THAT make me old? ... ... ?

theplustwo
04-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Not to mention the fact that Welcome to the Jungle is a terrible song to begin with.

AlexMax
04-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Not to mention the fact that Welcome to the Jungle is a terrible song to begin with.

...You did not just diss Slash/Axl Rose era Guns N' Roses, did you. :mad:

theplustwo
04-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Well, I like the song for it's camp value, but as far as I'm concerned it's pretty much in the same league as "Cherry Pie" as far as artistic integrity.

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Well, I like the song for it's camp value, but as far as I'm concerned it's pretty much in the same league as "Cherry Pie" as far as artistic integrity.
First GnR, now your dissing Warrent? Jeeze... some people have no class.

Link 101
04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Nah, you aren't old...I hear that song all the time on my classic rock station. I usually listen to my oldies station though. I like Welcom to the Jungle though, I think it is a good song. Velvet Revolver Has made some good songs...they still have it in them. I dunno why I mentioned Velvet Revolver, but whatever...

zoraking
04-19-2005, 09:33 PM
... And considering my mother's father went bald when he was 20, ... I should be quaking in my boots. XD

I only play old games. Does that make me old? .. I still use my 386 machine, as well as a TANDY 1000. ... Does THAT make me old? ... ... ?

Jason Alexander from Seinfeld started losing his hair when he was only 16. He got old fast.

Anyway, I think you're old when you think you're old. If your 50 something and you think you are just as energetic and as much a party-animal as ever, you're still young. Who defines old? Hell, if you're sittin' in a hospital bed dying, and you fell young, you're young. Eventually, you are going to fell old, your body will deteriorate and cause pain, and you'll think you're old, that is when you are old.

punkonjunk1024
04-19-2005, 11:31 PM
You're should never feel old until you start to lose your hair. I'm losing my hair now.
I'm going to let it thin out a bit, its disturbingly thick for a guys, and I'll go on a rogaine regiment next year.
So I'm older? or something? I think backpain and arthritis in muslces you weren't aware of is a good sign of old age...

theplustwo
04-20-2005, 12:23 AM
First GnR, now your dissing Warrent? Jeeze... some people have no class.Well, let me say one thing for the record: Led Zeppelin is awesome.

Amber
04-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Anyway, I think you're old when you think you're old. If your 50 something and you think you are just as energetic and as much a party-animal as ever, you're still young.

Kinda like Billy Idol? I can't see him becoming the poster child for annual colon check-ups.

MANDRAG GANON
04-21-2005, 09:23 AM
The classic rock station I listen to has played Welcome to the Jungle since the song came out...Altough back when the song came out they played "hard rock" and switched to playing classic rock in the early 90s. They played it ever since thouhg. heh

MacWeirdo42
04-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Bah... What really makes me feel old is when you hear classic rock songs on oldies stations... Used to be they played songs from the 50s, now they've moved up to the 60s and 70s... It's interesting sometimes just to watch how radio changes over time.

elise
04-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Bah... What really makes me feel old is when you hear classic rock songs on oldies stations... Used to be they played songs from the 50s, now they've moved up to the 60s and 70s...

Stop making me feel old that was when I grew up

I only play old games. Does that make me old?

Well I play games maybe that still keeps me young :laughing: