PDA

View Full Version : Proof That My Skills Extend Past My Mouse...

J.J. Maxx
04-19-2005, 09:59 AM
I had to build a stool for Chibi so he could reach the bathroom sink to brush his teeth and wash his hands. Granted, I could have drove 10 minutes to Wal-mart and bought one, but that's no fun. So I started desiging a stool that would be not only functional, but entertaining as well.

So I made a castle stool. This started out as an 8' peice of 1x10. 8 hours later this is how it looks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JJMaxx/castle.jpg

I figure he can use it as a stool, but can also use it as a castle if he wants to play 'Zelda'. ;)

And yes, I used sharp tools.

Noe I'm just waiting for Foxy to detail it with the bricks and flags and vines and such.

ShadowTiger
04-19-2005, 10:02 AM
You're such a great dad, Jason. :) Chibi may be too young to realize it now, but when he grows up, I hope he looks back on this, something too old for him to remember, and smile; ... Smile, .. the way kids do when they realize just how much somebody loves them.

plith
04-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Either that or someday he'll step on that castle wall part in his bare feet and curse the day you decided to try to be a good father. Or not.

Lilith
04-19-2005, 11:25 AM
But did you rip the tree apart with your bare hands?!

J.J. Maxx
04-19-2005, 12:10 PM
But did you rip the tree apart with your bare hands?!

No, but I did steal the wood from my neighbor, does that count? ;)

Glitch
04-19-2005, 01:36 PM
That's awesome JJ. But I, like lilith, am disappointed you didn't cut the tree down yourself. :p

Archibaldo
04-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Cool stool. Nice craftsmanship there, that's one lucky kid.

Foxy
04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, it looks even better now that we've started on the details. It's going to take awhile, but it's lots of fun. I'm planning on painting "To Jonathan, Love Mom & Dad. April 2005" on the bottom of it. Wow...that "mom and dad" part sounds so wierd. *lol* :tongue:

But anyways, I'm constantly amazed by JJ lately. While working on our life away from the computer, he's turned into quite the man if I do say so myself. ;) The other day I was putting away some nick-nacks and he said, "I should build you a shelf to put stuff on. Would you like that?" I said yes, and he proceeded to go out into the barn and make me a nifty shelf!! It's hanging on my wall right over there - holding books and our family picture. Very lovely.

I'm so in love. *grin* And yes, he's a very wonderful dad! :love:

moocow
04-19-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm insanely jealous. :o I WANT A COOL STOOL TOOOOOOOOO!

:)

Link 101
04-19-2005, 09:48 PM
That is a nice looking stool you got there. I think he would like that more than some crudy old store-bought stool anyways. Things made by the person are so much better. Now alls you have to do is build him a tree house and you're all set. J/k lol!

Hermit
04-20-2005, 02:52 AM
An excellent stool sample!

Pun intended ;)

Good to see you and foxy doing well after all this time. Cheers to both of you :)

Glitch
04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Holy Shit Hermit posted.

Make sure to take pictures when it is done being detailed!

Hermit
04-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I'll try not to make a habit of it ;)

Verbatim
04-21-2005, 07:23 PM
That castle stool is awesome....

...so now he can wash his own hands, via the castle...think you'll make a "throne" for a matching Zelda-themed potty training set? *wink*

Jemsee
04-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Vary nice. How long has it been since your ban from sharp objects has been lifted, JJ?
I'm glad things are going so well for you both.
Keep up the good work.

fatcatfan
04-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Nice looking stool. I'm sure Chibi loves it.

KingArthur
04-25-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm insanely jealous. :o I WANT A COOL STOOL TOOOOOOOOO!

awww moo... i'll make ya one...

Great job there you guys.. that is insanely cool